Author Topic: Arachi Orders Keter Arrested  (Read 22062 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Arachi Orders Keter Arrested
« on: January 25, 2015, 04:24:53 PM »
This guy is not very smart. If you go about shooting your mouth about the likes of Uhuru, you have to live like Caesar's' wife - beyond reproach! He has handed his enemies his own head on a silver platter. He better hope for the sake of the Mhindi woman and the many people who allegedly made phone calls, he gets off.
NAIROBI: Police have asked Nandi Hills MP Alfred Keter to appear before CID headquarters for grilling over an incident in which he threatened officials at Gilgil Weighbridge over lorries detained for lack of documents. Acting Inspector General of Police Samuel Arachi said they are investigating criminal activities committed by the MP following the incident.

"No one is above the law and the MP is asked to report to us as soon as possible. Actually we are looking and let him surrender for him for trying to release vehicles that had been detained by police," he said on the phone.

He added they will jointly with the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission in investigating the Saturday night incident. EACC spokesman Yasin Amaro said they expect a team to be formed on Monday to pursue the matter. "A team will be formed to pursue the issue. The commission is aware," he said.

Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Keriako Tobiko ordered both the anti-graft agency and police to investigate and take action on Keter over the incident. READ: Tobiko orders EACC to investigate Keter as Duale defends State House over weighbridge commotion Kenya National Highway Authority, SGS Kenya Limited officials and police had detained the lorries for among others lacking proper papers and overweight when the incident happened.

The officials took action after a video emerged in which Keter and nominated URP MP Sonia Birdi were captured insulting and threatening the police, and officials contracted to man the weighbridge for detaining the lorries while invoking the name of the president.

The two MPs claimed that State House comptroller, Rift Valley PC Osman Warfa and chairman of Parliamentary committee on security Asman Kamama and top police officers had called demanding the release of the lorries but the officials there had allegedly refused to respond. But State House Comptroller Lawrence Lenayapa termed the claims as crazy and denied calling police or customs officials to demand the release of the vehicles.

Read more at: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000149185/arachi-orders-mp-keter-to-surrender-to-cid-as-soon-as-possible

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Arachi Orders Keter Arrested
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 05:25:01 PM »
DPP and Kenya police look to be upset by Keter's bad manners. 

If one considers DPP's threatening manner.  The urgency.  Outrage.  One can be forgiven for thinking that trying to get that truck by the weighbridge is the worst thing since the invention of graft.

Dwarfing the likes of Goldenberg, Anglo-leasing, Chicken-gate...

There are those who will see it for what it is.  Window dressing. 

Isaack Hassan and group are waiting to manage another general election despite being on the business end of a corrupt deal.  If anyone has heard Tobiko say something/anything about it.  Please share.

While Keter did not even eat.  If at all he faces justice.  It would be because of eating with his mouth open.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 05:47:26 PM »
Note that Keter's accomplice - Sonia Birdi - is not included in the arrest order.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 06:36:02 PM »
Negro is claiming he was fighting corruption.
He will get away with it...so sad
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 07:45:36 PM »
It should not come as a surprise.  He has done nothing compared to Chicken-gate to name a random example. 

In a normal society DPP should have an easy time putting the partakers in the slammer.  Serious Fraud Office and UK courts having done most of the leg-work.  So...

The only difference with Keter is he has been caught on camera mouthing expletives.  He is making everyone look uncouth. 

The other criminals will screw wanjiku.  Hard.  But they won't shout from the rooftops.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 07:54:46 PM »
Impunity needs some minimum brains

It should not come as a surprise.  He has done nothing compared to Chicken-gate to name a random example. 

In a normal society DPP should have an easy time putting the partakers in the slammer.  Serious Fraud Office and UK courts having done most of the leg-work.  So...

The only difference with Keter is he has been caught on camera mouthing expletives.  He is making everyone look uncouth. 

The other criminals will screw wanjiku.  Hard.  But they won't shout from the rooftops.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 08:07:23 PM »
To me.  The only question worth asking from this video clip.  What Alfred Keter and Sonia Birdi were doing together at that ungodly hour/place.  There is nothing else worth writing home about.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 09:03:06 PM »
Why would his nocturnal life and company bother you?
I want to know what smart phone recorded such high resolution clips in poor lighting

To me.  The only question worth asking from this video clip.  What Alfred Keter and Sonia Birdi were doing together at that ungodly hour/place.  There is nothing else worth writing home about.

Offline kadame2

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 09:34:44 PM »
Please. All he did was show some hubris. To peeps allegedly used to asking 20-30 K for allowing passageof the trucks. Big deal. The worst thing he said on that clip is "We can break it if we want" referring to the law. Larry Madowo's fake outrage slash totally one-sided so-called "interview" shows there's a co-ordinated effort to discipline this guy. Ati comparing him to Artur Margaryan. :ecomcity: These guys must think we are all gullible fools. Isnt it his job to get the full story instead of acting like he's a lawyer in court arguing for one side? Lost total respect for this journalist, no professionalism at all.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 10:25:25 PM »
Nonsense.
Everywhere you see a cop you can expect corruption and the weighbridge is no exception. But they was not there to fight corruption and that's all they could tell Madowo,which is quite stupid because if the cops was asking for bribes and the truck had all its papers and weight in order, the cops would have stood down upon confronting them.

That the cops stood they ground means there was some serious illegality going on there. They are not going to cause a scene over malfunctioning brake lights.

Please. All he did was show some hubris. To peeps allegedly used to asking 20-30 K for allowing passageof the trucks. Big deal. The worst thing he said on that clip is "We can break it if we want" referring to the law. Larry Madowo's fake outrage slash totally one-sided so-called "interview" shows there's a co-ordinated effort to discipline this guy. Ati comparing him to Artur Margaryan. :ecomcity: These guys must think we are all gullible fools. Isnt it his job to get the full story instead of acting like he's a lawyer in court arguing for one side? Lost total respect for this journalist, no professionalism at all.

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 10:50:48 PM »
A non-story as far as corruption in Kenya is concerned.  If you watch the video clip, the cops were apparently on a second shift and were not fully appraised on the state of affairs.

Me? I think Keter was abusing the officers and asking them to do something illegal.  DPP also thinks so.  A very difficult case to make though. 

DPP should have a much easier time making a case on chickengate.  But what is there to be gained?

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 11:48:02 PM »
was he drunk?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 02:48:15 AM »
I believe he was intoxicated. He may also have been trying to impress the Sonia woman.
was he drunk?

Offline kadame2

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 05:09:16 AM »
Nonsense yourself, excuse me!

Who has said he was there to fight corruption? I said he showed hubris to people who are not exactly known for their law-abiding'ness or gentle touch. Big deal that those cops were shouted at. Oh, the sky is falling, cops were rudely spoken to somewhere, someone call Hercules/Hulk!

Larry Madowo is supposed to be a journalist, not the personal advocate of any party in any story. My post here was actually triggered by his fake outrage and lack of professionalism than anything else. It would have been better if he had invited an opposing guest who would then have fought Keter in that manner with Larry moderating/interjecting, even while asking pointed questions. Instead he seemed like some sort of activist. And yet we never see this self-rightousness displayed when the government does something far worse, like pass outrightly unconstitutional bills that will affect us all, for example. Then they know to be "neutral", don't they? Media has lost its right to pretend to be outraged by kelele on Weighbridge after the way it has handled itself in the last few years with MUCH bigger fish to fry. Keter is their big chance to pretend to be holy? Reminds me of Nancy Barasa. Wakwende huko. 

And they are totally dishonest. Sensationalism is what you call bringing up the Artur brothers in such a story. Talk about manipulation! If you are willing to believe this equation of the Artur saga with this thing about a truck passing on Weigh-bridge, then I have a golden bridge to sell you. We might as well compare the cop who takes 50 bob on the road with the breaking-into Standard by those brothers many years back. This sensationalism is what makes it clear people were waiting to jump on him, it's not just about how corrupt they think Keter is.
Nonsense
Everywhere you see a cop you can expect corruption and the weighbridge is no exception. But they was not there to fight corruption and that's all they could tell Madowo,which is quite stupid because if the cops was asking for bribes and the truck had all its papers and weight in order, the cops would have stood down upon confronting them.

That the cops stood they ground means there was some serious illegality going on there. They are not going to cause a scene over malfunctioning brake lights.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 07:28:53 AM »
You are yet to demonstrate how/where Maadowo erred. They had interviewed some guys manning the bridge and they explained the track lacked papers. Period. All we needed was to hear why the neanderthal acted the way he did.

His explanation was lame and Madow saw through it. The negro was there to circumvent the law not to uphold the same...

Nonsense yourself, excuse me!

Who has said he was there to fight corruption? I said he showed hubris to people who are not exactly known for their law-abiding'ness or gentle touch. Big deal that those cops were shouted at. Oh, the sky is falling, cops were rudely spoken to somewhere, someone call Hercules/Hulk!

Larry Madowo is supposed to be a journalist, not the personal advocate of any party in any story. My post here was actually triggered by his fake outrage and lack of professionalism than anything else. It would have been better if he had invited an opposing guest who would then have fought Keter in that manner with Larry moderating/interjecting, even while asking pointed questions. Instead he seemed like some sort of activist. And yet we never see this self-rightousness displayed when the government does something far worse, like pass outrightly unconstitutional bills that will affect us all, for example. Then they know to be "neutral", don't they? Media has lost its right to pretend to be outraged by kelele on Weighbridge after the way it has handled itself in the last few years with MUCH bigger fish to fry. Keter is their big chance to pretend to be holy? Reminds me of Nancy Barasa. Wakwende huko. 

And they are totally dishonest. Sensationalism is what you call bringing up the Artur brothers in such a story. Talk about manipulation! If you are willing to believe this equation of the Artur saga with this thing about a truck passing on Weigh-bridge, then I have a golden bridge to sell you. We might as well compare the cop who takes 50 bob on the road with the breaking-into Standard by those brothers many years back. This sensationalism is what makes it clear people were waiting to jump on him, it's not just about how corrupt they think Keter is.
Nonsense

Offline kadame2

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 08:26:09 AM »
You are yet to demonstrate how/where Maadowo erred. They had interviewed some guys manning the bridge and they explained the track lacked papers. Period. All we needed was to hear why the neanderthal acted the way he did.

His explanation was lame and Madow saw through it. The negro was there to circumvent the law not to uphold the same...

Only if your eyes and ears have problems or you are being introduced to news reporting today will you ask for a "demonstration". Ala? Where do you hear a journalist ask questions and refuse to allow the person to reply with a full sentence? Even in cross-examination, you allow the person to say his piece before you launch in with your challenges. Speak for yourself about what you wanted to hear, not "we". How exactly are you supposed to explain why you acted the way you did if you cant speak for 8 straight seconds, anyway? Through telepathy? Even a thief deserves to be heard before you crucify him.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 10:47:57 AM »
The negro is not your typical guest but an unruly thug
ANyway, the incidence is already past and we can't wait for the next idiocy to distract us.

Larry is stupid but he really shone yesterday

Only if your eyes and ears have problems or you are being introduced to news reporting today will you ask for a "demonstration". Ala? Where do you hear a journalist ask questions and refuse to allow the person to reply with a full sentence? Even in cross-examination, you allow the person to say his piece before you launch in with your challenges. Speak for yourself about what you wanted to hear, not "we". How exactly are you supposed to explain why you acted the way you did if you cant speak for 8 straight seconds, anyway? Through telepathy? Even a thief deserves to be heard before you crucify him.

Offline kadame2

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 11:07:43 AM »
@vooke, you live in a bubble. Last night before the interview my mind was predisposed against Keter. Hadn't watched the video but had heard something of it. Then Larry Madowo and NTV overblown nonsense about the Artur bros happened. I thought it was just me but lo and behold, looking around social media this morning, it seems a great majority of Kenyans hate arogance in all its shades, not just the kind portrayed by a drunken MP at a known corruption hot-spot. The way Madowo has been fried on twitter and facebook, this is the last time he will ever try to "shine" again. Glad to know only a miniscule minority think he even dimmed kidogo last night,wacha shine. He managed to do the impossible and turn Keter into a victim in the eyes of much of his audience in less than 30 minutes. Talk about backfiring an interview. @Larry Madowo, ujifunze for next time. You're an interviewer, stop trying to be an interrogator at the CID HQ.

Offline bittertruth

• Superstar
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 11:23:37 AM »
Keter will go. Why? Jubilee does not like him. He should have known better. Now they say the law should take its course. But, what happened to Sonko and the guns, where was the law. What happened to Moses Kuria and hate speech, where was the law. Mr. Duale is quick to comment, but with Sonko he was never heard. DOUBLE STANDARDS.
No to justify Keter's actions but this is selective amnesia.
Prov 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 11:31:34 AM »
Nobody is frying larry Madowo in the social media. The incidence has assumed a political twist; CORD will obviously try to milk it, Keter was their #1 fan and they will try to read any of his woes as retaliatory...they are the ones spinning garbage about set up.

What's the problem with picking Artur? They are quite similar. In BOTH the villains flashed GoK privileges real or imagined and got away with it. This RV neanderthal tried that and failed. Besides, Artur was not the subject, just part of the interview....that is classic nitpicking
@vooke, you live in a bubble. Last night before the interview my mind was predisposed against Keter. Hadn't watched the video but had heard something of it. Then Larry Madowo and NTV overblown nonsense about the Artur bros happened. I thought it was just me but lo and behold, looking around social media this morning, it seems a great majority of Kenyans hate arogance in all its shades, not just the kind portrayed by a drunken MP at a known corruption hot-spot. The way Madowo has been fried on twitter and facebook, this is the last time he will ever try to "shine" again. Glad to know only a miniscule minority think he even dimmed kidogo last night,wacha shine. He managed to do the impossible and turn Keter into a victim in the eyes of much of his audience in less than 30 minutes. Talk about backfiring an interview. @Larry Madowo, ujifunze for next time. You're an interviewer, stop trying to be an interrogator at the CID HQ.