Forum > Kenya Discussion

Ivy League bluster, didn't I say it 10 years ago?

(1/7) > >>

.:
I said it over a decade ago. The only concrete things Ivy Leaguers bring to the table are a bloated ego na kisungu mingi bluster to fool the gullible hoi polloi. Iyo tu.

Where are they now, you may ask?

Ayisi Makating-tingtiing : After Africa Online flopped miserably in the early 2000's  - because he and his two colleagues below can hardly run a cattle dip to turn a profit - he retreated with his tail between his legs to the familiar cubbyhole of all failures; the NGO world. A world where you receive free money to fail even more, and conventional business metrics like profit and being axed for failing miserably time after time do not matter. He got IFC and Norfund to sponsor his scary misadventures in the social investments netherworld. Africa Lakes cratered, his current Fanisi Capital is amorphous in character with unheard of investments to boot. He might not even be the current CEO. All the assorted Fanisi websites list him nowhere. But just read his Wikipedia page. You would think he was the CEO of a listed company of high repute and profit or something! All his disastrous failures are cleverly swept under the table with kisungu mingi that would dazzle my Turkana people in Eliye! isapite!

Amolo Ngweno : Same route. After AfOl foundered, she became the CEO of some animal shelter or something, then quickly deleted her wiki page to avoid any further failures being mulikwad. At least she was smarter than Makating ting tiing in that regard. Currently runs BFA - a veritable factory of kisungu mingi and little else. Have you ever heard of it prior to today? Of course not. Isatragedy!

Karanja Gakio : Same same. His resume hosts nothing but a thick stream of gargantuan failures! After hopping hapa na kule failing every single time ad nauseam, and even retreating to paid employment, he ended up in Zimbabwe designing simple websites for a living. Don't believe me? Google Cyberplex alongside his name. Like Amolo, he wisely yanked his Wiki page to avoid further embarrassment. IsaRoyalPite!

Baby-faced Mugo Kibati : After his disastrous stint at the Vision2030 Secretariat,  nothing of substance has ever been heard of him. Remember all his grandiose projects - full to the brim with hefty kisungu mingi? What happened to them? All flops. Can you name any successful one? I thought so. IsaDisaster!

Then comes this...

https://postimg.cc/Hcp7RWcX

A Yalie on crack who sold out to Hellywierd live live. Was broken in to celebrity-hood through gangbangs and sodomy.  Much like L.A. gangs break in new members through severe fisticuffs. Or the mafia does with their La Cosa Nostra perversions. Ask her. If she's honest  and sober from the drugs, she'll admit it to you.

Didn't I tell you all that these Ivy Leaguers are not worth a bowl of warm spittle? Business-wise especially.

Kazi yao ni kisungu spaaaaaaaaa with those they deceive left with emptier pockets while munching the bitter dust of character development I tells ya.

Where are kina PK who used to argue with me daily about how these type of ferras were the best thing since sliced bread? I challenge him to produce a SINGLE Kenyan Ivy Leaguer who has run a successful business beyond mom and pop level. NGOs and employee-hood gigs don't count!

For the last time I say...ISAPITE!!

patel:
Gachora MIT is still doing his thing hapo kwa bank. All is not lost. I agree with you when it comes to power point presentation these ivy leagues have it. Then from there it's all dust. How is life in Kajiado county?

.:

--- Quote from: patel on March 19, 2024, 02:23:06 PM ---Gachora MIT is still doing his thing hapo kwa bank. All is not lost. I agree with you when it comes to power point presentation these ivy leagues have it. Then from there it's all dust. How is life in Kajiado county?

--- End quote ---

:roll:
But why the bloated egos then? Wakuje bole bole bila steams miiiiiiiingi to work for us as mere salaried men instead of feeding us bluster miaka nenda miaka rudi.

Gachora pia has to line up for his paycheck crumbs monthly despite his executive MBA from Wharton! You'd expect him with his engineering background to be starting and running billion shilling manufacturing companies of repute in Kwiinya yet he leaves that to semi-illiterates like Devki and Manu Chandaria while retreating to the riskless comforts of paid employment at NCBA - a company whose owners are trillionaires in Kshs so how much profits the bank is making or not making does not matter to them. Isapite.

Na Ory Okolloh? Gallivanting from one NGO to another, still blogging praaaaaaaaa to nobody in particular.  What does Ushahidi do again? Any successful investments from her Omidyar Network free NGO money?

Bottom line, isadismalrecord for all of them.

Sisi tuko Tigoni tiguuuuuuuuu but will be back in Cali later on in the Summer to browse through old haunts and check out how much worse Hamellikwa has been since I visited a couple of years ago.

Was shocked last time how the homelessness and drug epidemic there just seems to be getting WORSE hapo by the day, I tells ya.
But kila nyani na starehe zake. Life is what you make it wherever you are.

Ni hayo tu,

Nefertiti:
Wapi Dr David Ndii lol. I thought Mugo Kibati was going to rescue Telkom Helios - by merging with Airtel. Sija-sikia kitu walai. These guys' underperformance make useless Tusker dwarf look good for opening new Safaricom till numbers.

BUT - in caps - these handful of guys don't "represent" Ivy League. You need some statistics to decide if being Ivy is a feature or a bug. I know a couple of relatively successful Ivy alumni doing good things in Kenya.

For sure, the top 0.1% of Zuckerberg, Jobs, Gates, etc - are Ivy League dropouts. What do we make of this?

STATS boss.

.:
@ Nefertiti. The only thing of value Oxford Ndii came back to Kwiinya with are those miwani ya kamba with the red side-frames. Iyo tu.

With all his highfalutin talk and "expert" analysis - with monster ego to boot - you would have thought his economic prowess would have come in handy in transforming the Kenyan economy somewhat. Wapi? The guy has been reduced to squeaking feebly from twirra, thoughts in a muddle, sometimes criticizing the same government he chose to serve. Whattapity!

On representation, I believe they are a very good representative sample of the wider Kenyan Ivy-League community. If there are many more unknowns of their kind doing big things in Kwiinya (and worldwide), the question becomes; how come most of us have never heard of them? It proves my point even more. If the Ivies purportedly produce the best brains, how come these Ivy League Kwiinyans never feature anywhere beyond their verbal/written blue streaks?

On the dropouts, again it proves my point all the more. As I said - again, over a decade ago - to the bitter gnashing of teeth and high-pitched inveighing from my good Ivy League buddy PK; look at the Forbes 400 over the past 100 years. How many Ivy League MBA graduates have featured on that list? If indeed they are the best brains and their schools have been churning out hundreds of thousands of graduates, would it not be logical that said "best brains" would heavily populate those Forbes lists? Of course it would. But they don't!

The reason why Gates and ilk dropped out of the Ivies to hang their shingles is because they were sharp enough to realize very fast that an Ivy League education - in business especially - is actually antithetical to achieving business success. It teaches you conformism, obedience, it destroys creativity to smithereens and bloats egos for no good reason. It prepares the student to be a VP or a manager (i.e. an employed quisling), not a risk taking, creative, entrepreneur or innovator who can build tangible products that can be monetized  and that transform societies. The average Ivy Leaguer Kwiinyan engineer can barely build a baiskeli or low cost piki piki..heck..even a cellphone for Kenyans to enjoy. They are too busy compiling sheaves of worthless plans, hopes, feasibility studies and assorted writings while talking nineteen to the dozen on TV shows like Ndii does! Iyo tu.

Bottom line, as I said, wakuje bole bole. Sorry to defrock Amolo's pops but he is a PRIME example of why Ivy Leaguers in general and Kwiinyan Ivy leaguers in particular are laughable underperformers where the rubber of TANGIBLE achievements hits the road. With a degree from Harvard in NUCLEAR PHYSICS, he returned home to - predictably - edit juicy political gossip in newspapers, like a diploma holder from KIMC, for the next 50 years! IsaComedy!

I threw the gauntlet down to PK on this issue over a decade ago and all he could say was "give them (Makating ting tiiing and co) time and you will see." 10 years down the line si mumeona? Or does he need 10 years more :roll:?

ISAPITE!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version