Author Topic: Kenya Airways food is questionable  (Read 313 times)

Offline independent

• VIP
Kenya Airways food is questionable
« on: February 25, 2024, 03:58:00 PM »
Last week I traveled using KQ and talk about kuendesha after that. Then someone else had same issue week before. Not sure how their food is checked for infections and expiration. Knowing how things are done in kenya i am suspecting iko shida pahali. Anyone else here have an issue?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Kenya Airways food is questionable
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 10:49:44 PM »
Yes my gff and I had serious issues with KQ food. But not recently - I think 2017 - connecting London to Nairobi. I have never flown KQ again.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 12:12:18 AM »
Last week I traveled using KQ and talk about kuendesha after that. Then someone else had same issue week before. Not sure how their food is checked for infections and expiration. Knowing how things are done in kenya i am suspecting iko shida pahali. Anyone else here have an issue?

You still use that airline?

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 02:34:52 AM »
Nothing but good experience with KQ but I always lean towards lamb and rice.  Nothing beats takeoff and landing in swahili..

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 09:14:17 AM »
It is Kenya Airways and all flights, according to air travelers. British Airways, Qatar, Emirates, Ethipia, Lufthansa, KLM, and all the airlines have dozens of customers complaining. It is the lag time between preparation and time of consumption, among other reasons. The great thing is there is regulated standardization across the board, so airlines almost adhere to the same " best practices." Based on the hundreds of comments, Kenya Airways is creme de la creme, though we can't objectively decide based on hundreds of comments from millions of travelers each year.
Qatar Airways Flight QR645 from Kathmandu, Nepal to Doha, Qatar
3 days ago
Flight QR645 Kathmandu - Doha Wednesday 21 Feb. Soup in business class. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
KE
Delta airlines flight from Queens, NY (JFK) to Fort Lauderdale, Fl (FLL)
3 days ago
My wife flew from jfk to fll feb 22, she was flying buss class and eat thai chicken for lunch. After arrival at the hotel she got really sick | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Vomiting
United Airlines, Access Rd, Newark, NJ, USA
13 hours ago
1:15 pm flight from Delhi to Newark on Feb 24. Vomiting and nausea 12 hours after landing. Same exact thing happened on a United flight from Johannesburg to Newark in November and only common thing was United meals | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting
Qantas Airlines, Flight QF 128, Hong Kong to Sydney
6 days ago
18/2/2024, Ate a breakfast with bacon egg hash brown and baked beans. Started to feel bloated and unwell. Explosive diarrhoea and vomiting started after landing.
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain,
Ethiopian Airlines, Flight ET 934, Abidjan to Addis Ababa
1 week ago
I had a meal "beef" on my trip from Abidjan to Addis Ababa on 16th of Feb., flight number ET934. I started to have a stomach ache and then on my other flight which also Ethipian airways to Cairo, I vomitted all the food I had and also suffered from diarrhea. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain
Air Arabia, Haarlem, Netherlands
1 week ago
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Stomach Pain, Chills, Headache
Suspected source: Chicken
Onset: 4 to 12 hours
Duration: 12 to 24 hours
Sick: Me | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Stomach Pain, Chills, Headach
Emirates, Dubai - United Arab Emirates
1 week ago
Suspected long haul food chicken ? Smoked salmon ? Flown emirates
3 people in our hotel ill
Nausea direahea headache chills
Ek0017 Dubai to capetown. It was an inflight meal 11/2/24 | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Headache, Chills
Emirates Airlines, Flight EK 229, Dubai to Seattle
1 week ago
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
Suspected source: Not sure
Onset: Less than 4 hours
Duration: Several days | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
Turkish Airlines, Marseille to Istanbul
2 weeks ago
Dhiarrhe nausea for me and my spouse after eating on the plane Marseille Istanbul Turkish airline | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea
Qatar Airlines, Flight QR 773 from Doha, Qatar to Sao Paulo, Brazil
4 weeks ago
I was going from Doha to Sao Paulo, date 25th of February of 2024, ordered vegetarian option, pumpkin curry, after 5 minutes couldn't stop vomiting, thought it was the turbulence causing it, was attended by the flight crew, they called a doctor who prescribed nausea medicine. Now
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!