Author Topic: Religion Can Be a Force For Good  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Religion Can Be a Force For Good
« on: January 16, 2015, 07:31:28 PM »
This is one of the ways I feel many places are better off for the actions of people driven by religious beliefs.  Samaritan's Purse is also active in the current Liberia Ebola epidemic.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
Re: Religion Can Be a Force For Good
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 10:11:54 PM »
It was always meant to be for the good of society...man changed the rules midway and that is why we have soo many problems today.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 08:40:13 PM »
It was always meant to be for the good of society...man changed the rules midway and that is why we have soo many problems today.
I think it is a double-edged sword.  With mixed results throughout history.  I have nothing but admiration for what these folks are doing in Kapsowar.  That mission hospital is easily the best for hundreds of miles.  Compare that to the impact local politicians have had on the people.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 08:28:58 AM »
I think it is a double-edged sword.  With mixed results throughout history.  I have nothing but admiration for what these folks are doing in Kapsowar.  That mission hospital is easily the best for hundreds of miles.  Compare that to the impact local politicians have had on the people.
I agree..... the thing is this, compared to the money being wasted for unneccessary stuff, it takes very little money to build such hospitals around the country. I takes even less money to educate able staff to man the facilities..... in those areas where infant mortality is as high as 1 in 8 children....it can be done. Great work by the team.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi