Author Topic: Kenya fastest growing economy in Sub-Sahara - World Bank  (Read 2418 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Kenya fastest growing economy in Sub-Sahara - World Bank
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2024, 01:44:54 AM »
This is the same Poland that denied Africans safe passsge out of ukraine?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2024, 09:52:01 AM »
KAA switches to cashless... after tuition fees, birth certs, passports and shebang. This is definitive move.. I really want to see Ruto pull this off - and net revenues equal to 30% of GDP.

This digital and FDI should step up GoK to well-greased operator without Exim or IMF debt yoke. $35B from present 15 or 18B - escape budget deficit once and for all. Or well access cheap debt with clean balance shit.

Once you line all the stars... GoK can be among big league that have an INTELLIGENT, EFFICIENT STATE.

Kenya Airports Authority services shift to cashless payment

Chief of Staff and Head of Public Service Felix Koskei lauded the government's move to go digital.

Revealing milestones achieved, Koskei highlighted that since government services became available on e-citizen, the state has been generating Sh281 million daily in revenue.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2024-02-06-kenya-airports-authority-services-shift-to-cashless-payment/
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2024, 09:55:29 AM »
This is the same Poland that denied Africans safe passsge out of ukraine?

If you try harder I suspect you can see the forest from the trees... and the trees from the forest. I am certain of it.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2024, 10:08:10 PM »
Chief of Staff and Head of Public Service Felix Koskei lauded the government's move to go digital.

Revealing milestones achieved, Koskei highlighted that since government services became available on e-citizen, the state has been generating Sh281 million daily in revenue.

This Sh281 million a day is meagre 3% improvement. Still commendable.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2024, 10:48:10 AM »
Are these all government services? So now even school fees and paying for lunch at UoN will be considered "government services".

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2024, 02:57:25 PM »
Anything going to public coffers should be digitized. That 281m per day has been recovered from the pigsty. A thief is by design equally the best banker.

Are these all government services? So now even school fees and paying for lunch at UoN will be considered "government services".

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2024, 03:00:56 PM »
In China, everything is digitized so you cant escape paying tax.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2024, 03:29:49 PM »
Does digitlsation mean all payments to one account?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2024, 04:54:59 PM »
Does digitlsation mean all payments to one account?

NRB digitized its parking revenue collection and the boost was great.
Yes it goes to one accoount, and its instant so mngmt can tweek it to collect more.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2024, 06:36:25 PM »
Nairobi County collects fees for Nairobi County. Now national government collecting school fees for a school in Muranga. When will the cash be released for the school to use? So schools will become like counties, busy begging for realease of funds by the national government.

Yes it goes to one accoount, and its instant so mngmt can tweek it to collect more.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2024, 08:44:12 PM »
Nairobi County collects fees for Nairobi County. Now national government collecting school fees for a school in Muranga. When will the cash be released for the school to use? So schools will become like counties, busy begging for realease of funds by the national government.

I was giving you an example.
Currently, money is very tight so govt only pays ....................

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2024, 03:19:09 AM »
The shilling's miraculous recovery.

Dollar buying, selling at Sh145 and 148 respectively - Kenyan Banks say
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2024-02-15-dollar-buying-selling-at-sh145-and-148-respectively-kenyan-banks-say/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2024, 02:44:02 AM »
The shilling and the economy on a roll

AfDB projects growth in Kenya at 5.4% in 2024

According to the report, Kenya will post improved economic performance due to higher public investment in major growth sectors such as manufacturing and services.

AfDB's report further points out that Kenya will also benefit from substantial capital input in critical public infrastructure including electricity, transport, and logistics networks. After assessing the specified factors, the continental body projects that Kenya will record 5.4 per cent growth in 2024.

https://www.kenyans.co.ke/news/97702-afbd-projects-economic-growth-kenya-and-other-african-countries-2024

Housing scheme is a super-efficent economic. Basically  takes disposable income or expenditure direct into public investment.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2024, 12:08:12 PM »
TRIFIC SEZ:... Lo and behold a real mwafrika incubator!

I see a few good points over the KONZA white elephant in Machakos:

Geography - a proper satellite at Two Rivers, Limuru Road, 10km from CBD. Central Kenya actually remains the center. KONZA was in Kajiado actually.

Organic growth - Two Rivers is a real estate project spearheaded by Centum - Chris Kirubi's brainchild. He was an amoral chap worshipping money - but give it to him. What was essentially a failed commercial real estate - is a potentially successful incubation center.

Private-public partnership - principally Centum is a private company with key stake over GoK. This guards against endemic corruption since it not mali ya umma. Even Ruto itchy fingers cannot touch this one - whileas he can easily tout it as a successful KK project.

FDI - there is significant drive for foreign investors to set foot in Kenya. Championed by Ruto et al. Principally KONZA failure was caused by poor timing when only Ndemo and Shem Ochuodho knew anything about the tech boom in the West.

Conversely, TRIFIC biggest upside is right TIMING. People know about tech success stories in the US Silicon Valley, Eindhoven (EU), Wadi Valley (Israel), Zhongguancun (China). They know tech is a revolutionary INDUSTRY (although a few IT types still think tech is computers and geeks - like RV Punda  :) They know mzungu is not just European tourist but revolving door of global capital. Envoys are capital and talent scouts not golden parachute for electoral rubble.

The venture capital industry is very globalized after maxing out the benefits of capitalism in the developed world. Not only capital but talent is globalized now more than ever.

Until Kenya is big enough to offer the world a green card, you must have a jetset leadership hunting for FDI. Brand Kenya does not yet sell itself and PORK must double down as ambassador in chief - touting TRIFIC, Dongo Kundu, Naivasha dry port - the etc -  and other vantages Kenya possesses. Including talent and infra dividends, geoeconomic leverage of everyone but Kenya is in turmoil in the region or the Greater Sub Sahara.

Even selling Old Raila to AU chairmanship  :), - mzungu will be entertained by bumbling Kenyan muppet. Kenya will be top-of-mind for something besides athletics and yellow corn.

Kenya must tap the monsoon.

Startups to Capitalize on Incentives at TRIFIC SEZ Innovation Hub
https://kenyanwallstreet.com/startups-to-capitalize-on-incentives-at-trific-sez-innovation-hub/