Author Topic: Nikki Haley drops out of Republican primary  (Read 4331 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Colorado bars Trump from running for POTUS
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2024, 10:27:12 AM »
Trump crushes Nikki Haley by 2-1 margin in new poll of South Carolina
January 30, 2024 at 5:53 p.m.

Trump leads his sole remaining primary rival by 66%-31% in her home state, according to the poll that was bankrolled by a pro-Trump political action committee and first reported by The Messenger.

https://www.nydailynews.com/2024/01/30/trump-crushes-nikki-haley-by-2-1-margin-in-new-poll-of-south-carolina/
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2024, 06:08:43 PM »
Senile Biden mumbles incoherently yet again..

watch from 2:42
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2024, 06:15:25 PM »
?t=FRhzRdjnKAAaaa9oukXg-Q&s=19

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2024, 10:42:05 AM »
Nevada primary is here... polls show Trump 20-point landslide.

Haley is focused on  home state South Carolina.. and is now bareknuckles dogfight. Lots of threats from MAGA redknecks.

Nikki Haley enters her YOLO stage
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/05/nikki-haley-trump-attacks-00139462

Nikki Haley requests Secret Service protection, citing rise in threats
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/05/nikki-haley-requests-secret-service-protection-citing-rise-in-threats.html

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2024, 07:23:50 PM »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2024, 09:36:46 PM »

Hardly a punchline... this was expected and was only a delaying tactic in Team Trump.

The real binder is if states can strike him off the ballot cause 14th Amendment on engineering insurrection on Jan 6, 2021. That will send the deck into the air.

The expectation is

1. SCOTUS sets states free to make a choice. Colorado has already stricken him off the ballot. Oregon has declined to strike him. Both are deep blue and insignificant. But this leaves the cards in the air should a major red or purple state strike him - say Texas, Georgia or Michigan - he will be toast.

2. SCOTUS outrightly strikes him off the ballot. The poor man and GOP are all stuck with mhindi thoroughbred neocon Nikki Haley.

3. Or well a LACUNA .. I have read or heard that RNC rules allow a banned candidate to nominate a replacement. Not sure but Ron DeSantis has deftly aligned himself with Trump for this reason - kupitia kati kati - MAGAland will be baying for blood and we may have a Haley vs DeSantis scenario.

Both first two scenarios are a golden ticket for Nikki Haley. Very bad for Trump and the GOP. Only an absolution works well for Trump and the GOP.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 05:57:23 AM by Nefertiti »

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2024, 08:49:07 PM »
The sUPREME judges arguments were highly against.

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2024, 12:37:09 AM »

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2024, 12:51:00 AM »
Who is the complainant in this case ? Bank was paid it's money. Ramifications of this case if it goes against Trump will be huge. How many people would go to jail for property valuation?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2024, 01:45:09 AM »
Financially, yes he will be hit. Anything else I dont think so.
The guy is a Mobutu version.
Only person to explain it better will be Trevor.
This is a civil case so it will not affect anything.

Offline Fairandbalanced

• Enigma
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2024, 06:50:55 AM »
Financially, yes he will be hit. Anything else I dont think so.
The guy is a Mobutu version.
Only person to explain it better will be Trevor.
This is a civil case so it will not affect anything.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2024, 06:25:28 PM »
The sUPREME judges arguments were highly against.

Highly politicized I thought.  Even the liberal judges want an off ramp.  Barely a mention of the actual Colorado court that found that he participated in insurrection.  I am curious how they plan to tiptoe around that, because they must defer to the factual findings of the lower tribunals.   But I don't rule out anything.  They'll probably run with the absurdity that a President is not an officer.  We live in interesting times.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2024, 05:27:33 AM »
Looks like we may be back to status quo of one-horse race. Mhindi woman has no chance against Trump. Big IF.

I still see a chance of the ball being left to the states - because federal elections are only 'federal' when the electors meet at the Capitol to formally appoint the already elected POTUS as the Electoral College.

Each of 50 states has electoral college votes equivalent to its 2 senators plus the number of House reps. 48 states & DC simply allocate all their votes to the winner of the presidential vote in the state. However Maine and Nebraska allocate their college votes proportionally to the votes each candidate gets in the elections instead of winner-takes-all.

In short presidential elections are decided by state rules -; there is no federal law dictating how the election should be done.

Therefore I expect SCOTUS to uphold Colorado's decision and leave Trump to fight the suspensions in the state courts. This is no Roe v Wade or ideological case. There are laws and precedents in place.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2024, 05:55:36 AM »
Take an example of presidential elections in Maine. Assume the candidates are tied at Biden 265 vs 269 Trump. Only Maine with its 4 college votes is pending.

Now assume the popular ballot outcome in Maine is Biden 54% vs 46% Trump. So that the college is proportionally split Biden 2 vs 2 Trump... and Trump becomes POTUS.

Can Biden run to SCOTUS and demand Maine allocate him all the 4 college votes because that is how it's done in 48 states & DC? What would the justices do? - they would tell Biden that how Maine allocates its college votes is Maine's business. Because there is no federal law Maine would have violated.

Ditto for the Colorado decision to bar Trump.

About the justices' concern of the can of worms being kicked down the road to other states barring candidates - that's a strawman argument. Equally, what if future incumbent presidents decide to incite insurrections upon losing re-election? Not just presidents but governors, sheriffs, AGs, DAs, name it?

It is not SCOTUS' job to pick apart cans and worms. Too many cans.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2024, 02:15:23 PM »
Trump swept Nevada. Poor Haley is camping in homeground South Carolina... polls are saying it will be 1-2 walkover. Only the courts can save her.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2024, 10:51:46 AM »

Judge orders Trump and companies to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial
February 16, 2024
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-civil-fraud-trial-decision-02-16-24/index.html

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2024, 09:43:27 AM »
Trump says long VP shortlist includes Tim Scott, Ron DeSantis, Vivek Ramaswamy

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/20/trump-vp-shortlist-00142353

I don't see how Trump gains from any of these featherweights. Nikki Haley is the one polling the best and has inpendents' backing. Haley game remain hazy - if courts bar Trump, or get picked for VP. I am sure if Trump called her about VP... she would swiftly discard any neocon nonsense and fall in line.

Wild card remains SCOTUS decision.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2024, 10:27:10 AM »
Another rout

Trump scores easy knockout of Nikki Haley in South Carolina
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/24/trump-wins-south-carolina-00143160

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2024, 08:41:07 AM »
Oral submissions at SCOTUS

Not a valid youtube URL
https://www.youtube.com/live/6VpJKUscNaM?si=WvC1eCKfH7fIlniI

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2024, 11:04:19 AM »
Trump crashes Haley 70-30% in Michigan.

Trump marches to victory in Michigan primary, though with a familiar note of caution
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/27/trump-victory-michigan-primary-haley-00143787