Author Topic: Nikki Haley drops out of Republican primary  (Read 4330 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Colorado bars Trump from running for POTUS
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2024, 02:01:07 PM »
Trump sweeps Iowa 51% which was largely expected.

DeSantis 21 vs 19% Haley is very bad news for DeSantis.. because this is Iowa the Evangelical world. DeSantis and Trump are gunning for the same base of deplorables so unless Trump is banned by court DeSantis is going nowhere.

Haley has her work cut out in New Hampshire and might stick around longer. Her base is the non-MAGA conservatives which gives her good chance with Christie and Ramaswamy out.

Vivek Ramaswamy has endorsed Trump after eking dismal 7% mkia. He will be campaigning for Trump in New Hampshire - seems to be angling for cabinet secretary ala Ben Carson in 2016. Ramaswamy seems more and more an opportunist parroting Trump message since day 1. Haley openly denies she wants to be Trump VP - and Ramaswamy likely sees her as a rival in Trump camp. Expect Ramaswamy to double down on hammering Haley - especially on hawkish neocon foreign policy stuff like funding/arming Ukraine and Taiwan.

So 1 horse and 2 mules in the race. Haley prospects are better than DeSantis.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2024, 05:12:11 AM »
Wednesday CNN debate was dog-fight.. DeSantis is seriously threatened by Haley. While Trump is threatened by both.

Haley-DeSantis clash in Iowa

I wish DeSantis beat Trump in Iowa next Wednesday - or slash Trump victory to be as thin as possible. Haley seem poised to seriously challenge Trump in New Hampshire -- with Trump-hating Christie exit Haley will easily nick it

Then we get a proper race 👀 not the boring Trump-is-king nonsense so far.
I doubt Trump will be eclipsed by Indian Woman in republican primary, but in the event such happens, most hardcore TRUMP voters will stay or vote Biden instead. To them they don't want anything non-white in leadership.

We shall see soon. In 2016 deplorables seemed to follow Ben Carson for a while until Trump kicked him hard. Indian woman could switch her punchlines to appeal to deplorables. Especially if Trump is barred by court and decides to back her.
I told you NIKKI can never win racist 'religious' right. I think the only folks that voted for her are young folks, indians, Hispanics, and to some extent Black folk in cities in IOWA
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2024, 04:49:44 PM »
Wednesday CNN debate was dog-fight.. DeSantis is seriously threatened by Haley. While Trump is threatened by both.

Haley-DeSantis clash in Iowa

I wish DeSantis beat Trump in Iowa next Wednesday - or slash Trump victory to be as thin as possible. Haley seem poised to seriously challenge Trump in New Hampshire -- with Trump-hating Christie exit Haley will easily nick it

Then we get a proper race 👀 not the boring Trump-is-king nonsense so far.
I doubt Trump will be eclipsed by Indian Woman in republican primary, but in the event such happens, most hardcore TRUMP voters will stay or vote Biden instead. To them they don't want anything non-white in leadership.

We shall see soon. In 2016 deplorables seemed to follow Ben Carson for a while until Trump kicked him hard. Indian woman could switch her punchlines to appeal to deplorables. Especially if Trump is barred by court and decides to back her.
I told you NIKKI can never win racist 'religious' right. I think the only folks that voted for her are young folks, indians, Hispanics, and to some extent Black folk in cities in IOWA

Well if Trump is barred by court - he will have to endorse someone. There is only Nikki and DeSantis. Both are handling Trump with kid gloves for that reason.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2024, 02:00:51 AM »
Vivek campaigning with Trump in New Hampshire .. watch from 4:00 - Nikki Haley is now Sneaky Haley

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2024, 04:09:46 PM »
RVHH come here... Ron DeSantis dropped out and endorsed Trump yesterday. Obviously he has bagged an IOU for secretary position if Trump wins.

This leaves Trump vs Nikki Haley.. so what happens if Trump is barred from running by SCOTUS?

You will have the mhindi thoroughbred vs old Biden - it a homerun. We don't yet know if Trump will be barred - not likely - what you will get is SCOTUS upholds Colorado and leaves states to decide individually how to run their elections as it has been since 1778. Just one or couple big red or purple state bans  - like Georgia and South Carolina - and Trump is toast.

This scenario of legal ban - would have seismic effect. If it happened early in the GOP primaries - Haley would use it to say look, this old man will lose easy to Biden.

If it happened later into or after the primaries - Trump would be clobbered by Biden like isukuti with his hands cuffed in the back.

Either case this is now an entertaining duet - and Haley is no pushover. Trump has the wide lead and hardcore base of deplorables - which allows Haley to easily play tough card of  underdog woman of color - all the while secretly cheering anti-Trump legal hurdles.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 08:58:36 PM by Nefertiti »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2024, 11:29:30 PM »
Seems Biden is running on Roe v Wade aka abortion as rematch shapes up. Trump obviously hyping economy and immigration.

?t=11RKrAXxTGNjSkJ85c-KeQ&s=19

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2024, 05:40:49 PM »
RVHH come here... Ron DeSantis dropped out and endorsed Trump yesterday. Obviously he has bagged an IOU for secretary position if Trump wins.

This leaves Trump vs Nikki Haley.. so what happens if Trump is barred from running by SCOTUS?

You will have the mhindi thoroughbred vs old Biden - it a homerun. We don't yet know if Trump will be barred - not likely - what you will get is SCOTUS upholds Colorado and leaves states to decide individually how to run their elections as it has been since 1778. Just one or couple big red or purple state bans  - like Georgia and South Carolina - and Trump is toast.

This scenario of legal ban - would have seismic effect. If it happened early in the GOP primaries - Haley would use it to say look, this old man will lose easy to Biden.

If it happened later into or after the primaries - Trump would be clobbered by Biden like isukuti with his hands cuffed in the back.

Either case this is now an entertaining duet - and Haley is no pushover. Trump has the wide lead and hardcore base of deplorables - which allows Haley to easily play tough card of  underdog woman of color - all the while secretly cheering anti-Trump legal hurdles.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2024, 09:59:46 PM »
Seems Biden is running on Roe v Wade aka abortion as rematch shapes up. Trump obviously hyping economy and immigration.

Trump cannot run on economy because Biden of all the US presidents have had the best economy. Healthcare and Economy will sink republicans. Trump will lose badly if he will be the republican nominee, which I expect. I don't think republicans entertain non white person ever, If NIKKI was on DNC ticket, she'd be the first woman and Indian president of the US. Trump already calling her Randhawa nonstop, which have driven Asians further to democratic corner as always lol
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2024, 10:00:48 PM »

You are the one Hallucinating. Trump lost by 7 million votes the last time. Data show he has not gained, but lost more, so expect him to lose by 8+ million votes

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2024, 11:50:26 AM »
New Hampshire result:Trump 54% vs 43 Haley

10 point gap. This is abit disappointing for Haley with NH having the most open primary rules. It allows any unregistered voter to vote in ANY primary. Haley got her votes from independents and fringe Dems unlike Iowa or South Carolina.

But it is also disappointing for Trump because he did not crash Haley. It allows Haley some optics look we are going toe to toe.

Nevada is next Feb 8 - then South Carolina Feb 28.

Both states poll show Trump crashing Haley 3-1.. South Carolina her home state where she was House Rep and governor... Trump whooping her 68% v 28% 👀👀

Short of wild card happening Trump is as good as king.

Wild card remains the legal hurdles - which is just SCOTUS ruling on Colorado ban. It would reshuffle the deck.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2024, 12:05:29 PM »

Trump cannot run on economy because Biden of all the US presidents have had the best economy. Healthcare and Economy will sink republicans. Trump will lose badly if he will be the republican nominee, which I expect. I don't think republicans entertain non white person ever, If NIKKI was on DNC ticket, she'd be the first woman and Indian president of the US. Trump already calling her Randhawa nonstop, which have driven Asians further to democratic corner as always lol

Obviously the economy is doing well but what matters is what people FEEL. Polls show most people are hit hard by inflation. But we are 10 months from Nov so people will start feeling the growth. Economy is likely to go mute or non-issue if trend continues

Biden will run on Roe v Wade - which has been tried &  tested in purple state Ohio  where pro-lifers lost 57-43% in August. Roe v Wade is the biggest card for Biden.

Trump will run on Immigration - there is biiig south border mess.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2024, 12:07:36 PM »

You are the one Hallucinating. Trump lost by 7 million votes the last time. Data show he has not gained, but lost more, so expect him to lose by 8+ million votes

I think it comes down to issues of the day.

Right now - Trump is beating Biden in key swing states over INFLATION. But the trend is going Biden way with whole 10 months to Nov.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2024, 08:42:59 PM »
Trump vs Haley escalates into dogfight - Haley punchline is that Trump is as senile as Biden and the old men should retire together

Haley remains defiant as Trump ratchets up attacks on last-standing 2024 GOP rival
January 25, 2024

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/25/politics/nikki-haley-trump-republican-primary/index.html

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2024, 08:47:46 PM »
Pollster thinks Trump needs Haley to bag independents in crucial purple states

01/26/24 9:34 AM ET

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4431211-trump-almost-has-to-pick-haley-as-vp-mark-penn/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2024, 02:26:26 AM »
Trump deploys legal heavyweights to SCOTUS to argue a technicality in Colorado ban. I don't see him surviving this - it is not a culture war issue ala Roe v Wade - so the conservative majority cannot save him.

Arguing POTUS is not US officer :o - is unconvincing letter over spirit straw.

Either they ban him outright and immediately kill his political career, ie uphold the spirit over the letter,

Or affirm that interpretation is a state function as there is no Federal/Congressional law related to the 14th amendment, and dismiss the case. States indeed have varying electoral laws or rules for primaries, redistricting, assigning electoral college votes, etc - provided no Federal law is violated.

Or well I am wrong and the 'spirit' is the clause was only meant for Civil War secessionists. Unlikely because Trump's lawyers are not making this argument.

The conservative legal world lines up behind Donald Trump at the Supreme Court
Fri January 26, 2024

officer

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/26/politics/supreme-court-trump-colorado-mitchell-analysis/index.html
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 03:44:48 AM by Nefertiti »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2024, 11:18:44 AM »
Trump slapped $83m for defaming E. Jean Caroll, immediately starts milking it for politics

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop