Author Topic: Kisii are a fucked up community  (Read 1903 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Kisii are a fucked up community
« on: December 11, 2023, 12:22:44 PM »
Remember this horror of the witch lynching in nyamataro. I lost all respect I had for Kisiis after this incident
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kenyan-witchhunt-leaves-11-burned-to-death/

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Kisii are a fucked up community
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 12:30:35 PM »
That was in 2008. Nobody was brought to book on these heinous crimes? If not, then Kenya is a broken state.

In Kisii these crimes have to do with scarcity of land. The grandchildren cannot wait for the old people to pass on in peace. So they accelarate the process.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 12:47:50 PM »
This tribal lenses is bullshit. Mara okuyus this mara Luos this. Mara Kales this.

While Kisiis and Kales old timers will be lynched for witchcraft, in Githunguri they will be accused of incest or be run out of town by thugs.

It is all about land. Goes down to no title deeds and courts taking decades to prosecute simple issues for bribes. 

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 12:49:39 PM »
That was in 2008. Nobody was brought to book on these heinous crimes? If not, then Kenya is a broken state.

In Kisii these crimes have to do with scarcity of land. The grandchildren cannot wait for the old people to pass on in peace. So they accelarate the process.
No really. I had an outreach with Kisii community in my hood. They actually have fear that witches exist and they have a negative impact on their society. Several sda elders told me they were not sorry that those women were murdered. My mum for decades has 2 Kisii employees that were sisisters. They stayed in our farm in kiambu for decades. When when enquired why they didn't visit their family back in Kisii we were told that they had escaped from Kisii after their parents were targeted for Lynching. The parents ran to seek refuge in kisumu and they were helped by well wishes to smuggle their young daughters to kiambu. The sister who was beautiful got married by a lumber jack in my village and she ended up seeking employment in our farm and that how her younger sister ended in our family. They have both stayed in my village for over 4 decades now. The young sister is married in my village. She is my adopted sister, she even asked my mum to handle her marriage ceremonies all the way to dowry ceremony. Kisii have deep seated fear of witchcraft that makes them very irrational. Their primitive belief can't be wished away as a land scarcity problem

They are just ignorant people that refuse to unlearn their socialized irrational fear

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2023, 12:55:58 PM »
This tribal lenses is bullshit. Mara okuyus this mara Luos this. Mara Kales this.

While Kisiis and Kales old timers will be lynched for witchcraft, in Githunguri they will be accused of incest or be run out of town by thugs.

It is all about land. Goes down to no title deeds and courts taking decades to prosecute simple issues for bribes.
I have a long standing inside view of Kisii community. I grew up around them from age 6

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2023, 12:57:00 PM »
Nobody will tell you they are looking for an opportunity to murder their kin for land.

https://nation.africa/kenya/counties/nyeri/kirima-widow-in-another-land-dispute-with-her-90-year-old-stepmother-4453376
This Kirima's billionaire gacungwa going after her step mother. I am sure she refers to her as a witch.

No really. I had an outreach in Kisii community in my hood. They actually have fear that witches exist and they have a negative impact on their society. Several sda elders told me they were not sorry that those women were murdered. My mum has employee two Kisii sisters. They stayed in our farm in kiambu for decades. When when enquired why they didn't visit their family back in Kisii we were told that they had escaped from Kisii after their parents were targeted for Lynching. The parents ran to seek refuge in kisumu and they were helped by well wishes to snuggle their young daughters to kiambu. The sister who was beautiful got married by a lumber jack in my village and she ended up seeking employment in our farm and that how her younger sister ended in our family. They have both stayed in my village for over 4 decades now. The young sister is married in my village. She is my adopted sister, she even asked my mum to handle her marriage ceremonies all the way to dowry ceremony. Kisii have deep seated fear of witchcraft that makes the very irrational. Their primitive belief can't be wishes away as a land scarcity problem
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2023, 01:00:01 PM »
Stop gaslighting and whataboutism. I talked to Eric kirathe when this happened. He wrote me a lengthy email on what the intelligence from police investigations had revealed why these crimes were committed. No where did gok evidence based on Intel point to land as the cause. I advocated for these victims. I spent countless days making calls and trying to. Get them justice .I know why I remember this issue so clearly because I cared enough to try to help end this

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2023, 02:54:37 PM »
It land.
Same with Rwanda genocide.

KenyaPlato - you got sucked into whataboutism

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2023, 03:25:51 PM »
Polygamy, extended family, and vague laws are a pain in African society. I think that explains why most Africans resort to witches, mob justice, violence, and other hardcore things in solving cases, especially matters of land. Kissii are not different than any other African tribe. From Mursi, Somali, and most tribes in West, East, South, and North Africa, Kissii, or any tribe in Kenya, are milder on many issues!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2023, 05:08:34 PM »
Why are withches always older men and women? Most victims live alone. It is a land issue combined with primitive beliefs.

Kenyanplato gets to know two sisters from Kisii and now believes to know Kisiis inside out.

It land.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2023, 07:35:34 PM »
Stop gaslighting and whataboutism. I talked to Eric kirathe when this happened. He wrote me a lengthy email on what the intelligence from police investigations had revealed why these crimes were committed. No where did gok evidence based on Intel point to land as the cause. I advocated for these victims. I spent countless days making calls and trying to. Get them justice .I know why I remember this issue so clearly because I cared enough to try to help end this
Pundit is a kisii i believe he knows better plato.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2023, 10:45:17 PM »
Why are withches always older men and women? Most victims live alone. It is a land issue combined with primitive beliefs.

Kenyanplato gets to know two sisters from Kisii and now believes to know Kisiis inside out.

It land.

I mean I grew up around Kisiis. They just have irrational fear of urogi

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2023, 10:46:02 PM »

It land.

I mean I grew up around Kisiis. They just have irrational fear of urogi
Why were Americans lynching witches? Was it due to land?