Author Topic: Kipchirchir Boinnet for IG  (Read 4460 times)

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
Kipchirchir Boinnet for IG
« on: December 31, 2014, 01:21:03 PM »
Whats your take?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Kipchirchir Boinnet for IG
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 01:47:03 PM »
Are we talking the former NSIS director Brig(rtd) Wilson Boinett. If that is the case that is truly an excellent choice. Boinett is not only incredibly brilliant, he is also very effective.

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 01:54:41 PM »
Its Joseph Boinnet, a nephew to wilson

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 01:58:41 PM »
What has he done to deserve being IG. Never heard of him. I know Boinett brother.
Its Joseph Boinnet, a nephew to wilson

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 02:12:25 PM »
According to Itumbi, he is a career policeman and nis guy

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 07:55:40 PM »
Nepotism does pay indeed.  This is the resurrection of the Arap Moi orphans.... KANU is back folks...

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 12:14:39 AM »
I would have no problem sourcing an IG from the Commonwealth for a one term contract. Preferably Mzungu. Yes, Moon Ki you heard me! Mzungu. I would give him instructions to clean up the mess.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 01:21:15 AM »
I would have no problem sourcing an IG from the Commonwealth for a one term contract. Preferably Mzungu. Yes, Moon Ki you heard me! Mzungu. I would give him instructions to clean up the mess.

And why would I have any problems with that?   I don't.   I have seen such people brought in by some other Commonwealth countries, and, for the most part, it seems to have worked quite well.   Such a person does not have his "our people" to take care of (at the taxpayer's expense) has not developed a taste for  "chicken", and, being far from home, has little to occupy him/her other than work.   

Even if Kenya insists on having a kienyeji IG, the rot in the police force is now so deeply set that a major change will come about only through extensive re-training by outside elements.   But I don't see that happening.

To the extent that I have an issue with the "mzungu" element, it is that I think folks from, say, Singapore, could do an excellent job.

But at the end of the day, my position on many such things always boils down to this: the average Kenyan needs to get serious and change.   The unpleasant fact is that many Kenyans actually accept tribalism and corruption; they get worked up only when someone else is benefiting.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 01:04:53 PM »
The man has been picked on the basis of a tribal political calculation.  In kamwana's regime, not picking his village mate, in 1% of the appointments, can be interpreted as a major concession to regional representation.  Even if only as a last minute change after noises from RV
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 08:53:40 PM »
It turns out he has been uttering fake credentials to secure employment and promotions. That is the criminal that Uhuru Kenyatta wants to employ. The outgoing IG also had two of those fake degrees. That is a crime by any measure.

How then will he pass the Chapter Six test? Let's wait and see. They should note that allowing him to pass when "Bishop" "Dr" Wanjiru was denied a ticket to run for governor would be obnoxious.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 08:59:07 PM »
Much obliged. I cited Mzungu because I saw how such a "donation" from the commonwealth transformed the Sierra Leone police. Corruption ended, vehicles had gas at all times, police big tumbo disappeared overnight under the stress of physical fitness and drug consumption - whether doping or getting high - vanished. I never seen cleaner cops in Africa. Fingerprints could be taken biometrically and checked in against the crime register instantly. Traffic Police gained quick access motor vehicle registration details including outstanding fines, fees and warrants.

And for all that... it cost zero. He was seconded from his job at Scotland Yard and kept his salary at home and drew no expensive allowances other than a state provided official residence. He paid for his own groceries and shamba "boy"

And why would I have any problems with that?   I don't.   I have seen such people brought in by some other Commonwealth countries, and, for the most part, it seems to have worked quite well.   Such a person does not have his "our people" to take care of (at the taxpayer's expense) has not developed a taste for  "chicken", and, being far from home, has little to occupy him/her other than work.   

Even if Kenya insists on having a kienyeji IG, the rot in the police force is now so deeply set that a major change will come about only through extensive re-training by outside elements.   But I don't see that happening.

To the extent that I have an issue with the "mzungu" element, it is that I think folks from, say, Singapore, could do an excellent job.

But at the end of the day, my position on many such things always boils down to this: the average Kenyan needs to get serious and change.   The unpleasant fact is that many Kenyans actually accept tribalism and corruption; they get worked up only when someone else is benefiting.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 08:06:11 AM »
That is what we urgently need. This Kipchirchir fellow will be even worse than Kimaiyo..he is the same rotten crap. We need 100 top police seconded from commonwealth countries to help straighten stuff for 5yrs. People who actually understand what a functioning police force is or not. The kenya career cops do not know that.
Much obliged. I cited Mzungu because I saw how such a "donation" from the commonwealth transformed the Sierra Leone police. Corruption ended, vehicles had gas at all times, police big tumbo disappeared overnight under the stress of physical fitness and drug consumption - whether doping or getting high - vanished. I never seen cleaner cops in Africa. Fingerprints could be taken biometrically and checked in against the crime register instantly. Traffic Police gained quick access motor vehicle registration details including outstanding fines, fees and warrants.

And for all that... it cost zero. He was seconded from his job at Scotland Yard and kept his salary at home and drew no expensive allowances other than a state provided official residence. He paid for his own groceries and shamba "boy"