Author Topic: Aghakhan tries to save his sinking media company  (Read 483 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Aghakhan tries to save his sinking media company
« on: April 05, 2023, 11:09:02 AM »
?s=20

Offline sitting bull

• Superstar
Re: Aghakhan tries to save his sinking media company
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 06:10:10 AM »
Standard group not doing well either. Word on the street has it that Employees haven't been paid since December.....

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 06:08:28 PM »
Employees haven't been paid since December.....

How are these people surviving?

Traditional media is dying and I think most kenyans have become so depressed with the political and economic situation, that they are not watching the news or even reading papers anymore. They're on youtube watching entertainment and gossip and I'm not sure there's an answer away from this reality.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 11:11:16 AM »
Great generation change being brought in to save a sinking ship. With the board shark remaining dinosaurs, a faltering economy, and a govt which got eye and ears on them, they are in for a roller coaster ride.

?s=20
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 11:14:12 AM »
Twitter, Tiktok, youtube, Facebook even Nipate are just echo chambers of what is in mainstream media. The traditional media has monopoly of investments. Even Gachaguas are going to Citizen not some Youtube channels for interviews.

The struggle is how to monetise content without punishing customers and the echoers who have no care of copyright laws.

Employees haven't been paid since December.....

How are these people surviving?

Traditional media is dying and I think most kenyans have become so depressed with the political and economic situation, that they are not watching the news or even reading papers anymore. They're on youtube watching entertainment and gossip and I'm not sure there's an answer away from this reality.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 01:40:02 PM »
Yes seem Agha Khan is in fix - do they revert back to 1990s - when they were anti-gov & try regain that space - but how much can they push a gov that is already hostile to them.

Their best bet is to push on anti-gov space - Raila is not ready for opposition role - media can fill that void - but they should also forget advertisement from gov and it's many agencies.

Their decline started when they went to bed with Jubilee/Handshake.

Great generation change being brought in to save a sinking ship. With the board shark remaining dinosaurs, a faltering economy, and a govt which got eye and ears on them, they are in for a roller coaster ride.

?s=20

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 03:55:37 PM »
Their market shifted to the Social media . They cannot tap the Citizen market due to their type of programmes.
Just like KTN and before that KBC .its near its deathebed it will take a miracle to revive Nation as a media house . Only if Citizen is massacred .