Author Topic: Kipchimatt - with 5 tea factories, many supermarkets and now sugar factory  (Read 916 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
All this wealth created around kericho...

?s=20

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Mbogo valley tea factory

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Actually they have five tea factories.
Kuresoi Tea Factory Limited,
Mbogo Valley Tea Factory Limited,
Sangalo Tea Factory Limited,
Tet Tea Factory Limited
 Stegro Tea Factory Limited.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Sangalo tea factory - Nandi

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Tet tet Tea factory - this one is in my ward.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Finally stegro

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Now we just need to kick Kenyattas from Milk industry - and have homegrown farmers owned milk processors.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
Thats a serious investor, the tea factories do they compete with ktda? Also other than bulk black tea does the company have a local available brand like eden tea? Chirchir also has a tea factory?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Old man died last year. Now it sons to manage it or crash it.
Most private tea factories are EPZ - they do export.
They sell local branded tea - Mbogo Valley is more serious - but rest just do gate sales.

They are many private tea factories in Kericho-Bomet-Nakuru-Nandi now.

KTDA uses to spend billions of money - as they huge capacity - but nowadays with 40-100M you can set up one.

I think more 100.

Thats a serious investor, the tea factories do they compete with ktda? Also other than bulk black tea does the company have a local available brand like eden tea? Chirchir also has a tea factory?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Yes so many now - DL, Gideon Moi, Moi family, Joshua Kulei, Franklin Bett , Chirchirs,Laboso many others have them.
I even saw - Mutahi Ngunyi - in-laws in Kericho - are building theirs. Biwott daughter setting up.

Somehow they all survive - despite exporting tea cheaply - compared to KTDA.

Most of new machines are automated lines - so staff cost is very low.

?s=20

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
What is missing in tea is export value chain (building kenyan brands and exporting branded tea) - otherwise locally there is lots of vibrancy.

Gov should try to make KETEPA go international -  the name is mouthful - we need serious branding.

Well we should have acquired LIPTON Tea :) - they were selling it for 5 billion dollars including tea estates.

I wonder if KTDA can borrow 5 billion dollars :) - together with Kenya gov :)

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
Old man died last year. Now it sons to manage it or crash it.
Most private tea factories are EPZ - they do export.
They sell local branded tea - Mbogo Valley is more serious - but rest just do gate sales.

They are many private tea factories in Kericho-Bomet-Nakuru-Nandi now.

KTDA uses to spend billions of money - as they huge capacity - but nowadays with 40-100M you can set up one.

I think more 100.

So they buy from local farmers competing with ktda? It seems Julius kones liberalization law is working as intended. Ktda sell more high quality tea than the private factories? Uniliver sold its tea business https://www.reuters.com/business/unilever-strikes-5-bln-deal-with-cvc-tea-business-ft-2021-11-18/ but retained its bottled cold tea business cause its growing and very profitable. I think it would be worthwhile to invest in bottled tea and establish a global brand from Kenya.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Yes it worked. I like Dr Julius Kones - only problem our people are fools - they dont like him because he was not giving out hand outs.

KTDA insist on quality picking - and pay more- as they sell premium. Private take anything - sell low - pay no bonus - farmers with large tea acreage like them - as quality picking is hard on workers.

Also big tea plantation - have outgrowers - unilver and finlays -

So it working.

Yes I love bottled tea here - canned tea - Lipton Tea with pearch. I wonder how easy it its do it in Kenya

So they buy from local farmers competing with ktda? It seems Julius kones liberalization law is working as intended. Ktda sell more high quality tea than the private factories? Uniliver sold its tea business https://www.reuters.com/business/unilever-strikes-5-bln-deal-with-cvc-tea-business-ft-2021-11-18/ but retained its bottled cold tea business cause its growing and very profitable. I think it would be worthwhile to invest in bottled tea and establish a global brand from Kenya.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Yeah someone need to do this in kenya
?s=20

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
Yeah someone need to do this in kenya
?s=20
If I were to invest in tea industry, this is what I'd invest in. Obviously local market is very small but with serious marketing canned tea can compete with sugary drinks , not to mention the potential of the export market. I think combing the readily available tropical fruits with tea would create a very refreshing drink.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Yeap - it should just be bottling plant - just like water. Branding may take time. Kenya used to super hot tea. But they will sell. Worth thinking about

If I were to invest in tea industry, this is what I'd invest in. Obviously local market is very small but with serious marketing canned tea can compete with sugary drinks , not to mention the potential of the export market. I think combing the readily available tropical fruits with tea would create a very refreshing drink.

Offline kneegrow04

• Superstar
How will it survive now that Ruto's UDA has licensed thirty two (32) firms to import sugar?

Due to the huge number of traders involved, the directorate is limiting the quantity that each can import to at least 1,000 tonnes. Kenya relies on imported sugar to meet its annual deficit which has now grown to one million against production of 800,000 tonnes annually. Tightening supply has seen the price of the commodity shoot from a low of Sh230 for a two-kilogramme pack in January last year to Sh320 currently in what the directorate has attributed to high prices both on the local and imported sweetener

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/markets/commodities/sugar-millers-locked-out-of-duty-free-imports-window--4109282

?s=20

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
The Mutahi Ngunyi in-laws are also the Chirchir in-laws. The guys married to sisters. Am told their late father was a one-time ambassador to Germany or some European country.

The ladies seem to want to be big-time in tea processing.

Yes so many now - DL, Gideon Moi, Moi family, Joshua Kulei, Franklin Bett , Chirchirs,Laboso many others have them.
I even saw - Mutahi Ngunyi - in-laws in Kericho - are building theirs. Biwott daughter setting up.

Somehow they all survive - despite exporting tea cheaply - compared to KTDA.

Most of new machines are automated lines - so staff cost is very low.

?s=20

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
He will sell his sugar in his super-markets. Supermarkets ideally should go into manufacturing. Ruto will give import license if they are deficit.

You should invest in private sugar industry in Kano - wacha kelele. You should form cooperative of farmers - get kideros - then start you own sugar companies.

Dont allow Rais to control you.

Worse poorly run gov factories.

How will it survive now that Ruto's UDA has licensed thirty two (32) firms to import sugar?

Due to the huge number of traders involved, the directorate is limiting the quantity that each can import to at least 1,000 tonnes. Kenya relies on imported sugar to meet its annual deficit which has now grown to one million against production of 800,000 tonnes annually. Tightening supply has seen the price of the commodity shoot from a low of Sh230 for a two-kilogramme pack in January last year to Sh320 currently in what the directorate has attributed to high prices both on the local and imported sweetener

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/markets/commodities/sugar-millers-locked-out-of-duty-free-imports-window--4109282

?s=20