Author Topic: Ruto to Pundit and other Kenyans -Dont fear Raila Demos  (Read 483 times)

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Ruto to Pundit and other Kenyans -Dont fear Raila Demos
« on: March 15, 2023, 07:17:52 PM »
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2023-03-15-dont-fear-raila-demos-ruto-urges-kenyans/

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Ruto to Pundit and other Kenyans -Dont fear Raila Demos
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 07:21:06 PM »
President William Ruto has assured Kenyans that they have nothing to worry about over the opposition's planned demonstrations next week, March 20.

Ruto said Kenya is a country governed by the rule of law and no one is above the law.

"The government will not allow loss of life, destruction of property and looting," he said.

"We will not allow a few individuals who have refused to accept election results to cause chaos among peace-loving people."

He spoke on Wednesday when he met leaders from Trans Nzoia county at the State House.

The President said Kenyans have the right to protest but must do so peacefully and within the law.

He urged the chief opposition leader Raila Odinga to liaise with police over the demonstrations, to ensure peace.

"Raila has been holding bloody and chaotic demonstrations for the last 50 years; he needs to assure Kenyans that this will be different," he said.

"This is why we've told him to sit down with police and explain to them how the demonstrations will be peaceful."

He further warned the opposition that the country will not submit to threats and blackmail.

"I want to tell my elder brother Raila Odinga that we can't have two sets of laws."

Present were Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua, Prime Cabinet Secretary Musalia Mudavadi, National Assembly Speaker Moses Wetangula, Health CS Susan Nakumicha and Trans Nzoia Governor George Natembeya.

Others were MPs Lilian Siyoi (Women Rep), Patrick Barasa (Cherangani), Allan Chesang (Trans Nzoia), Ferdinand Wanyonyi (Kwanza) and former MPs Joash Wamangoli and Noah Wekesa among others.

Gachagua commended the visiting leaders for their resolve to work with the government for the sake of development.

"I am happy that you are not part of those planning demonstrations," he said.

Mudavadi told off Raila for giving fictitious declarations that have no legal basis.

"We are in a country that is anchored by the rule of law. It's wrong for anyone to declare a public holiday in disregard to the rule of law," he said.

Wetangula said belligerent politics was totally unhelpful in developing countries, saying plans by the opposition leaders to hold demonstrations were uncalled for.

"Destructive violent activism is absolutely unhelpful. The legitimacy of President Ruto is unquestionable," he affirmed.

Natembeya, who made it clear that there is no room for demonstrations in his area, said he would work with the government for the sake of development.

"My people have no time for demonstrations. Elections are over and it's time to support the government in power to deliver the promises we made to the electorate," he said.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 07:34:46 PM »
Very good message. Like I told you we dont fear jadoung Odinga.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 09:48:30 PM »
I don't think anyone is scared. They just don't want their car windows broken by stone throwers.

Anyway, Boinett will lob a few tear gas canisters at them and they'll go wailing back to the slums.

I actually find the funny, but Ruto is right -- they can make whatever noise they want as long as they don't disrupt people's ability to earn a living. It's a poor country and people need to work to survive.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 12:49:39 AM »
In modern countries we have picket lines.

Time to make them in kenya.

Dedicate part of statehouse for people to picket.

Harambee house, DPORK office, governors

Picket line - with people shouting - giving memorandas.

In Gigiri UN - at gate you always find small time demos.

Most UN offices - have places for daily demos - you bring your flag or billboard - shout the whole day about issue in your country  or group - go home. Sometimes they get police to provide extra security.

Kenya gov need to erect picketlines in parliament, harambee house, harambee house, governor office - even state house...

Go and demonstrate daily....shouts, give out your memoranda,

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 12:54:20 AM »
Maybe we need demonstration act of kenya - that define how demos should be conducted - every governor and executive - should dedicate a space for demos - where people come protests, shout, hand over their memoranda - have a sit in - hunger strike - whatever.

Just a space written - demonstrate here/mass action here - dedicated for public protests.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2023, 05:36:11 PM »
Well, given that this coincides with SA blackouts on the 20th "led by Marxists" bankrolled by the West likely, hmm.. I wouldn't take this lightly.