Author Topic: This ChatGPT can't write..  (Read 595 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
This ChatGPT can't write..
« on: March 04, 2023, 04:59:55 AM »
I'm getting really frustrated with it. I constantly have to teach it because it writes like a lazy lay person.

I have to embellish it with some passion and correct its grammar ... give it character like me.

It obviously has a long way to go before it can actually be adopted by professional writers like lawyers.

I think it'll suffice for a High School student up to the age of 14. After that, it's just so obvious a machine wrote it. Grammatically uneventful, no character.

Has an interesting machine logic flow for basic queries but when asking it to correct complex prose - it spits back at me - this is too complex. Can you believe that? What a lazy c*nt.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
Re: This ChatGPT can't write..
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 09:43:34 PM »
ChatGPT and anything AI made stock traders and investors a lot of money recently. Sad that it can write, but it puts a lot of green in you in the stock world!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 06:00:14 PM »
It can't write. I'm sure the clever traders will refrain from hedging long term shares on AI. I mean let's be real, AI is just a bunch of data making hit and miss connections for the masses like religion.

I tinkered with AI algorithms about 5 years ago and realised it's not "intelligent" because it'll never have a soul. It would be less time consuming to teach a monkey to think like Einstein than train an inanimate object.. this has actuaaly been proven in maths.

My bets are on genetic engineering. Super humans championing the human species past the solar system.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 12:26:32 AM »
Like all machines, they have to be intelligently driven by humans. GIGO.

With proper prompts and questions, ChatGPT is writing way better than all of us on Nipate, Twitter, facebook, WhatsApp.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 12:41:00 AM »
I think AI, algorithms or whatever you want to call are way smarter than humans, even though humans created it. Have you tried lately doing anything, especially trading or investing without AI input? Of course you will lose big time! AI drives everything, especially where "money is to be made"
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 02:58:34 AM »
It can't write. I'm sure the clever traders will refrain from hedging long term shares on AI. I mean let's be real, AI is just a bunch of data making hit and miss connections for the masses like religion.

I tinkered with AI algorithms about 5 years ago and realised it's not "intelligent" because it'll never have a soul. It would be less time consuming to teach a monkey to think like Einstein than train an inanimate object.. this has actuaaly been proven in maths.

My bets are on genetic engineering. Super humans championing the human species past the solar system.

Yup.  Different algorithms fine tuned with big data and given fancy terms like machine learning.  We are quite some ways off being able to mimic natural neurons.  That type of number crunching may have to await quantum computers.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 12:14:12 PM »
Quantum computers would be a game changer but I don't think it would be sustainable long term. Humans are greedy so to succeed in such an endeavour of AI actually materialising, I reckon is to have all of the world's data contained in a person... a super human. Our bodies have incredible capacity to retain data, more so than quantum computers, let's not forget we are made of star stuff and have like mini black holes in our brain so essentially have the DNA to disrupt the space time continuum.

I think as a species we've barely scratched the surface of what we're capable of. Imagine cave persons, could they have imagined that one day, future humans who share the same DNA will be using smart phones? Even just 30 years ago, if us a species can do this much, imagine what we could do in 1000 years. I tell you it'll be more than just mastering AI who could never be human because AI aren't designed to make mistakes. The best discoveries come from mistakes, anomalies, trial and error, it's a human thing.

I appreciate the automated aspects of AI though but an AI isn't that much better than for example an autistic kid obsessed with maths. I believe the human species is evolving inline with evolving infrastructure and AI is just a reflection of us evolving as a species... like some meta way of recording history since history in the traditional sense is considered dead now.

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 12:52:28 AM »
Quantum computers would be a game changer but I don't think it would be sustainable long term. Humans are greedy so to succeed in such an endeavour of AI actually materialising, I reckon is to have all of the world's data contained in a person... a super human. Our bodies have incredible capacity to retain data, more so than quantum computers, let's not forget we are made of star stuff and have like mini black holes in our brain so essentially have the DNA to disrupt the space time continuum.

I think as a species we've barely scratched the surface of what we're capable of. Imagine cave persons, could they have imagined that one day, future humans who share the same DNA will be using smart phones? Even just 30 years ago, if us a species can do this much, imagine what we could do in 1000 years. I tell you it'll be more than just mastering AI who could never be human because AI aren't designed to make mistakes. The best discoveries come from mistakes, anomalies, trial and error, it's a human thing.

I appreciate the automated aspects of AI though but an AI isn't that much better than for example an autistic kid obsessed with maths. I believe the human species is evolving inline with evolving infrastructure and AI is just a reflection of us evolving as a species... like some meta way of recording history since history in the traditional sense is considered dead now.

Yup, the autistic comparison is apt on some level.  AI does have a niche where brute raw processing power is applicable.  Just not replacement of us.  Human insight is generally the result of thinking out of the box.  But AI is already boxed into one or other paradigm.  Within its constraints it can be powerful tool.  In reality AI is just another marketing term - I wonder what they will use when the real thing emerges.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2023, 04:52:26 AM »
AI technology is still long way to replace human capabilities. What rvh is talking about is trading algorithms which are not AI. they just models that way good in performing analytics related to trading. as of now the human brain is the king

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2023, 01:02:55 AM »
AI technology is still long way to replace human capabilities. What rvh is talking about is trading algorithms which are not AI. they just models that way good in performing analytics related to trading. as of now the human brain is the king

And it does not work the same way as machine learning.  ML relies on terabytes of data.  If there is crap in that data, you will get crap.  ML does not change the GIGO paradigm.  If you ask chatgpt some basic questions like integral of x^2(3x-1)^-(1/2), you get regurgitated garbage and ultimately a wrong answer.

It can provide great insights, from existing data(if it's correct).  But it is never going to come up with a new way of understanding things.  The brain, on the other hand, can come up with new insights with minimal data.

Harriet Tubman