Author Topic: Ndii Coming Under Fire on Electricity Costs  (Read 327 times)

Offline sema

• Enigma
Ndii Coming Under Fire on Electricity Costs
« on: February 26, 2023, 04:53:17 AM »
Ndii is arguing that Kenyans have 2 choices:  1) 24/7 electricity and continue paying the current high rates 2) pay less and get south african style load shedding.

What exactly is the problem with the high cost of electricity in kenya and why is Ndii so far away from what the rest of the population is seeing?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One more time. Power cost reduction is to protect profitability so as to attract more private investment into the industry. No intention to pass cost benefits to consumers. At best, tariffs will not go up as fast as they otherwise would. The future is more IPPs, not less.</p>&mdash; David Ndii (@DavidNdii) <a href="?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 25, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Ndii Coming Under Fire on Electricity Costs
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 06:24:01 AM »
I thought the solar from Turkana would bring rates down, but I guess i was wrong. Unless brokers found a way to eat the savings and not pass it on.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 06:33:49 AM »
Lady you whine so much about Ndii..let the man be. There is another thread about high energy cost here...

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 09:20:14 AM »
It's not ndii fault..and there is no quick solution