Author Topic: I will conquer Kericho  (Read 914 times)

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
Re: I will conquer Kericho
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2023, 10:47:24 AM »
Pundit you can put entire libraries of books here but won't change the simple facts have always mentioned.
And yes we Merus will overun Nandi in just 3 days throw you into Turkana or baringo, we will let Plato and his kin keep Kericho after 9 months of fighting :)

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2023, 10:53:28 AM »
Nthaka: The Warriors
During the late 1700s and most of the 1800s, the Meru-speaking peoples endured an era of internecine war.[2] Twice yearly, at the beginning of each dry season, warrior bands set off from every ridgetop to raid the livestock of adjacent areas. Raiding was universal, continuing until onset of the rains. The prize was livestock, particularly cattle, as well as the chance for every warrior to earn not only glory but also wives. As a result every Meru male spent his entire youth in preparation for the warrior years, and every Meru community lived in constant expectation of attack.

Yet, although totally militarized, the Meru waged sharply limited forms of war. Every conceivable type of military action was regulated by a rigid but universally accepted series of military conventions ("ancestral traditions"), intended both to provoke the violence necessary for successful livestock rustling and limit it at levels tolerable to the society as a whole.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2023, 10:56:37 AM »
Pundit Merus remain still totally militarized to this day, just need training in modern day arms and equipment and thats it, Your 10 acre farm in bomet is in my hands by evening.
Pundit one the reason a community becomes totally militarized like the Meru or Israel is because of their small numbers and having to neighbour more populous communities. Due to this Merus would wage very intelligent warfare strike at communities and destroy them before they could raise numbers to attack them, especially after the rainy season was a Meru favourite for attack, we would appear in the morning hours while you farmed or herded cattle to graze in the long grass then simply beheaded you and threw you into the Dustbin of history  :)

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2023, 11:26:01 AM »
Meru warfare tactics were employed against the British in the Mau Mau war. Merus unlike Kikuyus didn't openly attack the British when Marshal Mwariama tried to attack the British openly in Garbatulla with 500 men he was mowed down by canon, heavy artillery and machine fire survivors were further bombed by Lincoln bombers for 2 days only handful survived. Mwariama resulted back To Meru war tactics.On the contrary General Baimungi Marete always employed specialized units in hit and runs which proved very successful. Meru warfare tactics actually indicate why Many Meru Mau Mau survived the war and evaded capture as opposed to Kikuyus.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2023, 11:30:14 AM »
Meru temperament will exclude you from army. You'll get all killed.

You cannot be a warrior until you control your anger. You need to be disciplined, cool, calm, collected  and not given to emotions.

That is most important training. Kalenjin do this in MTC. Military training do this.

Meru warfare tactics were employed against the British in the Mai Mau war. Merus unlike Kikuyus didn't openly attack the British when Marshal Mwariama tried to attack the British openly in Garbatulla with 500 men he was mowed down by canon and machine fire survivors were further bombed by Lincoln bombers for 2 days only handful survived. Mwariama resulted back To Meru war tactics.On the contrary General Baimungi Marete always employed specialized units in hit and runs which proved very successful. Meru warfare tactics actually indicate why Many Meru Mau Mau survived the war and evaded capture as opposed to Kikuyus.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2023, 11:34:56 AM »
Njuri - you copied alot of things from Samburus and Maasai - but you didnt copy the most important - self-control/discipline.

You allow emotions to control you.

That in our place is considered childish.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2023, 11:38:35 AM »
Maasai omitted critical lessons.Personal discipline, self-control and  respect