Author Topic: I will conquer Kericho  (Read 933 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
I will conquer Kericho
« on: February 22, 2023, 10:37:48 PM »
I will get some pokot warriors backed by Turkanas and take over Kericho. the whole county will become my own territory

my General
https://www.facebook.com/Kipskigen/videos/927261401970764/?app=fbl

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: I will conquer Kericho
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 11:07:52 PM »
Kericho is a gem.In 2003 or about Unilever Global director former UK foreign affair minister must have Claire short or something..visited kericho..then Unilever had decided to drop tea business..After four days in kericho magnificent tea estates..he told Unilever top folks they would insane to sell the only beautiful assets they got.I saw her with many range rovers than I had seen.Kericho is incredibly beautiful.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 11:10:08 PM »
It was Barones lydia chalker in 2000 ..she rolled out with so many range rovers.I guess moi was threatening uniliver

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 11:14:00 PM »
It will huge fight for white man to give up kericho

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 11:15:08 PM »
Kericho is a gem.In 2003 or about Unilever Global director former UK foreign affair minister must have Claire short or something..visited kericho..then Unilever had decided to drop tea business..After four days in kericho magnificent tea estates..he told Unilever top folks they would insane to sell the only beautiful assets they got.I saw her with many range rovers than I had seen.Kericho is incredibly beautiful.
Margaret Thatcher toured my local tea factory in 1988.
https://artsandculture.google.com/story/margaret-thatcher-39-s-speech-to-kenya-mohamed-amin-foundation/BQVRZNopmrtKRA?hl=en

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 11:16:14 PM »
Kenya was using tea farming as a means ro milk British for loans and grants back then

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 11:17:29 PM »
Margaret Thatcher toured my local tea factory in 1988.
https://artsandculture.google.com/story/margaret-thatcher-39-s-speech-to-kenya-mohamed-amin-foundation/BQVRZNopmrtKRA?hl=en
is that kagwe..I was recently in forest Lodge in karaita forest ..Great experience for the kids..zip linning

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 11:18:37 PM »
Kenya was using tea farming as a means ro milk British for loans and grants back then
karanja of ktda is a legend..man who build ktda from scratch. I don't think brits ever thought mwafrika would ever hack tea business...as it intense 24 hours 7 days 365 business..but karanja did it.In our place mzungu had done every thing to promote tea but people saw it as some joke..cattle and dairy farming made sense .People left tea to grow into large forests..20 feets off ground.People referred it with derisory as forest tree of no use.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2023, 11:21:46 PM »
It will take huge fight for white man to give up kericho .they are keeping  it now for aesthetic  as twa business no longer means
business for them 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2023, 11:39:30 PM »
Njuri feels jealous when he see this ..with meru where my uncle
told me they buy used mattresses and blankets in market 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2023, 11:48:38 PM »
Bottomline. kericho remain colonised by British largely.One day we shall liberate it.For now we have keep buying estate per estate..whole of it is expensive..maybe 5 billion dollars

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2023, 12:09:37 AM »
Karanja was part of my dad's generation that got educated and took over jobs from White people. they were no nonsense managers. Karanja owned a restaurant hapo jeevanjee gardens. I think he had worked as tea director or manager for mzungu tea farm in limuru. plus at that point kenya had agricultural extension officers. as I a kid I helped my parents plant tea. Everyone in the village told my mum she had lost her mind as she will never make money. my mum quit her teaching job. hired guys to set up a green house and grew seedlings. at that point allotments for painting tea were issued by agricultural office. she took all my dad's family that had land in our area allotments and planted about 10 acres and 16 acres in farm owned by my grand parents. in 1984 after the drought tea prices went up ..that year rhe bonus was so high all farmers who had abandoned their farmers went back and literally took saws to prune the tea bushes back. my uncle farm had bushes as high as 5 feet. I think kenya had borrowed money to build factories so each year almost all earnings went to pay the factory so people had quit tea farming due to low prices. anyway by 1986 all the mud huts in my area had been replaced by timber or brick houses. we were now hiring Gusii pickers fulltime. the first gusii in my area was hired by my mum. he was a very interesting guy. I liked hanging around learning about travels from kisii, kericho, limuru then to Githunguri..if you touch tea in my area you will be killed

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2023, 12:10:46 AM »
Kari research had an experimental farm in my home. we used to pick the tea measure it and keep records for the researchers

I will get the picture we took of the posts marking the 4 varieties they were researching

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2023, 08:09:46 AM »
I will get some pokot warriors backed by Turkanas and take over Kericho. the whole county will become my own territory

my General
https://www.facebook.com/Kipskigen/videos/927261401970764/?app=fbl
I did some military simulation on my ARCGIS intergrated and found that Merus could attack and conquer Kalenjin counties in just 10 days then I did the ame for Kikuyus and found you will take 6-9 Months either way GEMA can easily subdue kalenjins and take over all their counties. We can put kalenjins in Turkana.
Merus would pour over Laikipia then appear in baringo south in 2 days then launch a major attack on ngalenjini from there avoiding conflict with Pokot and the rugged terrain in the inside

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2023, 08:13:33 AM »
Great insightful story. Very similar to my experience growing up. Tea started booming in early 90s.
Karanja was part of my dad's generation that got educated and took over jobs from White people. they were no nonsense managers. Karanja owned a restaurant hapo jeevanjee gardens. I think he had worked as tea director or manager for mzungu tea farm in limuru. plus at that point kenya had agricultural extension officers. as I a kid I helped my parents plant tea. Everyone in the village told my mum she had lost her mind as she will never make money. my mum quit her teaching job. hired guys to set up a green house and grew seedlings. at that point allotments for painting tea were issued by agricultural office. she took all my dad's family that had land in our area allotments and planted about 10 acres and 16 acres in farm owned by my grand parents. in 1984 after the drought tea prices went up ..that year rhe bonus was so high all farmers who had abandoned their farmers went back and literally took saws to prune the tea bushes back. my uncle farm had bushes as high as 5 feet. I think kenya had borrowed money to build factories so each year almost all earnings went to pay the factory so people had quit tea farming due to low prices. anyway by 1986 all the mud huts in my area had been replaced by timber or brick houses. we were now hiring Gusii pickers fulltime. the first gusii in my area was hired by my mum. he was a very interesting guy. I liked hanging around learning about travels from kisii, kericho, limuru then to Githunguri..if you touch tea in my area you will be killed

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2023, 08:14:43 AM »
I didnt know kari cared about tea - always thought it was exclusive business of tea research
Kari research had an experimental farm in my home. we used to pick the tea measure it and keep records for the researchers

I will get the picture we took of the posts marking the 4 varieties they were researching

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2023, 08:29:52 AM »
I last used arcgis when it was version 10. I used to create poverty maps. Tharaka Nithi was my major client in food poverty.I think you should re-derict efforts there.

I see you now fear pokot :)

I see you are learning military doctrines kipole pole -something kalenjin done for 3,000 years since their time in khartoum guarding the meroe empire

I did some military simulation on my ARCGIS intergrated and found that Merus could attack and conquer Kalenjin counties in just 10 days then I did the ame for Kikuyus and found you will take 6-9 Months either way GEMA can easily subdue kalenjins and take over all their counties. We can put kalenjins in Turkana.
Merus would pour over Laikipia then appear in baringo south in 2 days then launch a major attack on ngalenjini from there avoiding conflict with Pokot and the rugged terrain in the inside

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2023, 10:08:30 AM »
I last used arcgis when it was version 10. I used to create poverty maps. Tharaka Nithi was my major client in food poverty.I think you should re-derict efforts there.

I see you now fear pokot :)

I see you are learning military doctrines kipole pole -something kalenjin done for 3,000 years since their time in khartoum guarding the meroe empire

Fear Pokot? There wont be nay need to capture or pour resources in the arid areas where they roam this no need ro go there, we will concentrate on Kericho,Nandi and Uasin gishu not the kalenjin wastelands of the north.
Kalenjin have failed in military against shabaab, bandits and now Congo M23. Like I said coz you guys were cooks porters and drivers you basically career soldiers like Museveni says.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2023, 10:37:57 AM »
Poriet-Ap-Jerman | 1st world war

Poriet-ap-Jerman (1914 -1918) saw many Kalenjin men of Nyongi age-set fighting in it. In this article we look at The Nandi experience.

Historians of the colonial period in Africa, and particularly of that phenomenon known as nationalism, have generally assessed the impact of military service During the world Wars. Somewhere in the Kenya Africans' collective experience in the war, whether from participating in small numbers with regular military units or in large numbers as porters in the Carrier Corps, lies the source of their first experiments in organized political activity.

In abbreviated form, then, this is the line of reasoning. Service in the King's African Rifles or the Carrier Corps during 1914-18 somehow inclined and equipped African veterans to become active nationalists; they became agents of modernisation and the organisers of political action.

The Nandi, having earned a reputation for their stiff resistance to British 'pacification', were heavily recruited for the K.A.R. during and after World War I, and supplied a higher percentage than did any other Kenyan people: roughly 10 per cent of the adult male population served in the army between 1914 and 1918. The absence of significant civilian contact with Europeans makes it easier to distinguish the results of military service in Nandi District from other external influences than elsewhere in Kenya where the European presence was more closely felt.

Finally, the social and political organisation of the Nandi helps to identify those who were old enough to have served in World War I. One important note of caution. This article speaks directly only to the experience of the Nandi.
The official records of the K.A.R. show that a total of 1,197 Nandi were recruited during the war. Before 1915, the largest number to have been employed outside the District since the establishment of British rule in 1905 was less than 200. The return of nearly 1,200 men to a population of approximately 40-50,000 at the end of the war might well be expected to have had a widely felt impact. This is especially true since they had received combat training in the K.A.R., as few Nandi were recruited for the Carrier Corps, and they had a long list of grievances against the colonial administration.

The surviving Nandi veterans interviewed in 1973 maintained, to a man, that they had been promised pensions by their officers; these they never received. Most of them also expressed dismay at the alienation of some 64,000 acres of good pastoral land in 1920 by the very Government they had just been serving with their efforts and their blood- indeed, some remembered that, in at least two cases, their own former officers had settled on the land taken from them.

To make matters worse, the new boundaries of the Nandi Reserve excluded several important salt licks to which they had been accustomed to driving their cattle. An additional cause for complaint was the restriction placed on the movement of cattle because of a rinderpest epidemic; the quarantine was in effect from 1919 to 1923, and regardless of the long-range benefits it might have had for their herds, this appeared to most Nandi as a capricious attempt by the Government to keep them from moving their cattle about the countryside. The embargo was particularly onerous because the Nandi were still required to pay their full taxes, although the sale of cattle to other peoples, particularly the Luo, had been their principal source of cash.
Finally, although this was not as important an issue as with the Kikuyu, the Nandi were angered by missionary attempts to abolish the practice of female circumcision. The Africa Inland Mission in the District provided a refuge for uncircumcised female converts who, because of their condition, were ineligible for marriage.
This was a source of consternation for veterans who were looking for wives, and for the fathers who were deprived of the customary bride wealth. All in all, the Nandi who returned from military service had good reason to believe that they were not about to be given the rewards they thought were their due and, even more crucial, that they were not going ' to be left alone' by the Europeans. How did these veterans respond to this situation?

Most of the K.A.R. veterans belonged to the Nyongi age-set which had been circumcised during the four-year period immediately preceding the war, and they had therefore left and returned unmarried. Military service did not significantly disrupt normal patterns in this area since the young men often waited several years after coming out of seclusion following circumcision before marrying. Almost all of the Nandi veterans took wives within a few years of their return, and more will be said about this below.

When questioned about how they were received back by their parents and contemporaries, the veterans were unanimous in declaring that they had been warmly welcomed, and had resumed without difficulty the positions in society which they had left. For their part, the ex-askari bore no resentment towards the men of their own age who had avoided conscription and, thereby, the hardships of military service. Some of the latter had acquired wives and cattle while the askari were slogging around Tanganyika and Mozambique, but the veterans expressed gratitude to them for looking after their cattle and other property while they were away.

Nor did the veterans have any difficulty in readjusting to traditional governance and its methods of assigning rank and privilege. They were able to leave behind a system in which importance hinged on the number of stripes a man wore, and re-immerse themselves in a society where age was the most significant determinant of status. Men who had been sergeants in the K.A.R. were willing to surrender their authority (which had been considerable) and revert to the traditional but relatively junior rank of those who had not yet attained the position of 'elders'.

There are many other indications of the shallowness of the westernisation of the Nandi veterans. They did not permanently adopt European styles of dress despite their years of experience. Most of the ex-askari said that they continued to wear their uniforms until they wore out, but thereafter had no interest in replacing them with other shirts and trousers. The only army item which really appealed to the veterans was the woollen overcoat, a useful substitute for the blankets that had begun to replace animal skins as the main clothing for Nandi men.

Elementary instruction in sanitation was offered during training to all K.A.R. askari. Several of those interviewed specifically recalled having been told the importance of well-constructed latrines as a step in the prevention of diseases, but no more than four were sufficiently impressed with the alleged benefits to bother digging one in their own compounds when they returned.

The indifferent success of missionaries with the Nandi veterans is still further evidence of their preference for traditional ways. It is difficult to separate the behaviour of the former soldiers from that of other Nandi with Technically, the K.A.R. was voluntarily recruited until 1917 when conscription was regard to attendance at the local mission stations (which was notably lower than for their agriculturalist neighbours); and certainly the experience of contact with Europeans and their ways did not lead those who had been in the army to adopt the western practice of going to church.

Nor did the veterans become agents of change as regards the introduction of new technology. For example, ploughs were introduced into Nandi District during the early 1920s, but being pastoralists at heart, and only half interested in farming, the Nandi were slow to adopt this new implement, although a few were accepted when they first appeared.

The veterans who commented on ploughs said that they had had no interest in them, and did not think they were a significant improvement on hoes. The same seems to have been the case with the use of windmills for pumping water. The inference to be drawn is that participation in the 1914-18 campaign did not, in itself, mean that the veterans would be in the vanguard of modernisation.

Fear Pokot? There wont be nay need to capture or pour resources in the arid areas where they roam this no need ro go there, we will concentrate on Kericho,Nandi and Uasin gishu not the kalenjin wastelands of the north.
Kalenjin have failed in military against shabaab, bandits and now Congo M23. Like I said coz you guys were cooks porters and drivers you basically career soldiers like Museveni says.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2023, 10:38:11 AM »