Author Topic: Robert Alai Arrested  (Read 9433 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Robert Alai Arrested
« on: December 16, 2014, 08:08:03 PM »
The aim would be to establish the notion that these freedoms you take for granted.  You enjoy them at the pleasure of kamwana and hangers on.  The Ndegwa Muhoros.  That this is the new normal.
Criminal Investigations director Ndegwa Muhoro has reportedly ordered the arrest of blogger Robert Alai for sharing President Uhuru Kenyatta's contacts publicly.

Alai is said to have shared the contacts on Twitter with a follower who had requested them.

"The charge is not even sharing the President's contacts but calling what they are doing in Kibera slums 'Kalongolongo'," Alai posted on his Twitter handle.

'Kalongolongo' is a Luo word for a game that children play that sees them act out family activities such as cooking.

Two deputy CID directors allegedly saw no offence in what the blogger did contradicting Muhoros alleged order of arrest with immediate effect.

Alai said on his Twitter handle that "Ndegwa Muhoro seems to have a personal problem with Alai. You know he is a nephew to Kimemia. People need to be serious."

He said he was going to DCIO Embakassi to be arrested.

A Kiambu court is however said to have refused to take the case until the police file a complaint and provide a witness to testify against Alai.
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/ndegwa-muhoro-orders-arrest-blogger-robert-alai-allegedly-sharing-uhurus-contacts-twitter
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Robert Alai Arrested
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 08:16:45 PM »
So it s a crime to share presidents contact if you have them?
Unnecessary publicity of ineffectiveness CID has become.

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 09:10:16 PM »
So it s a crime to share presidents contact if you have them?
Unnecessary publicity of ineffectiveness CID has become.
It's not a crime.  They know that.  Hence the lack of charges.  But that's not the point.  The real point is that you enjoy your legitimate rights at the pleasure of these individuals.  The way chapter six was rendered irrelevant, is the same way the Bill of rights is going to the dustbin.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 09:34:15 PM »
That shows a CID director who is like UhuRuto; his priorities are elsewhere except where the real problem is.

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 09:52:54 PM »
That shows a CID director who is like UhuRuto; his priorities are elsewhere except where the real problem is.
They are working on making the constitution take a backseat.  The idea is to make people realize the law cannot protect them.  Soon Kenyans will have to look over their shoulders before they utter anything.  The folks in their 20s might not be able to relate to this.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 10:38:08 PM »
Recreating the Moi and Kenyatta snr regime.Looking at list of cancelled NGOS..something is clearly wrong with Jubilee. Some of those NGOS are doing wonders for folks who have long been abandoned by Gov.  MSF, Concern, LVCT and name them. Something is clearly wrong with this gov. We are being led by fools. I am starting to regret campaigning and electing these fools.

Like with NGOS they are drawing the net wide hoping to catch one or two sharks but in the process they've caught everyone; some of the laws are targetting Alais but in the end nobody will be safe.

They are working on making the constitution take a backseat.  The idea is to make people realize the law cannot protect them.  Soon Kenyans will have to look over their shoulders before they utter anything.  The folks in their 20s might not be able to relate to this.

Offline Gumzo

• Superstar
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 01:01:59 PM »

The constitution took a back seat as early as promulgation day when Bashir was invited.
Part of the problem in ,ke is that majority of people foolishly believe that Kenya is governed
by the rule of law. while everything that is happening clearly demonstrates that Kenya
is ruled by the whims of tribe based groupings of criminals masquerading as political parties 

it almost seems like its not the fault of the oppressor but the oppressed's ignorance 

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 05:03:38 PM »

If you are in Kenya, you better not say unkind things about kamwana's leadership.  You could be arrested, charged with undermining his leadership, and told to shut up about him until the court determines the case, February 16th next year earliest.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Blogger-Alai-charged-with-undermining-Uhuru/-/1056/2559710/-/8yphpy/-/index.html

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 05:13:19 PM »

The constitution took a back seat as early as promulgation day when Bashir was invited.
Part of the problem in ,ke is that majority of people foolishly believe that Kenya is governed
by the rule of law. while everything that is happening clearly demonstrates that Kenya
is ruled by the whims of tribe based groupings of criminals masquerading as political parties 

it almost seems like its not the fault of the oppressor but the oppressed's ignorance 

That's correct.  Alai's harassment is not so much about intimidating him in particular as reminding the regular mwananchi of the facts on the ground that you enjoy your rights at the pleasure of certain individuals rather than the constitution.  They are sending a message to all bloggers, commentators etc especially if you are a regular person and operating from Kenya.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 05:18:47 PM »
Another sad day in kenya. What exactly is the charge here. What is the offence. Undermining the presidency?. Where in the penal code is that written down. So now we cannot call PORK names like screwball (which he deserves) without risking being arrested.
Uhuru and the jokers have realized there are running on empty so it down to intimidating folks by such cases or through security bill whilst appearing in military fatgiues.

The more they do this; they more they will know we didn't kick out Moi arse for nothing.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 05:31:41 PM »
Alai is just busy making a name for himself not any different from Nyambane's prison gear antics.
What happened to Omtata? Looks like he ate
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »

Another sad day in kenya. What exactly is the charge here. What is the offence. Undermining the presidency?. Where in the penal code is that written down. So now we cannot call PORK names like screwball (which he deserves) without risking being arrested.
Uhuru and the jokers have realized there are running on empty so it down to intimidating folks by such cases or through security bill whilst appearing in military fatgiues.

The more they do this; they more they will know we didn't kick out Moi arse for nothing.

They are using abusing section 132 of the penal code.  Any good judge with integrity would throw it out without further ado.
132.  Any person who, without lawful excuse, the burden of proof whereof shall lie upon him, utters, prints, publishes any words, or does any act or thing, calculated to bring into contempt, or to excite defiance of or disobedience to, the lawful authority of a public officer or any class of public officers is guilty of an offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years
http://www.kenyalaw.org/Downloads/GreyBook/8.%20The%20Penal%20Code.pdf

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 06:02:11 PM »
Uhuru is making Alai. Not the other way round. If left alone, he will be ignored, but with every arrest, his profile rises. He had Orengo as his lawyer.. so Alai is doing fine unless someone decide to EJK him.

Only a scared gov will go scrounging through the net looking for the likes of Alai.

Alai is just busy making a name for himself not any different from Nyambane's prison gear antics.
What happened to Omtata? Looks like he ate

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 07:10:41 PM »
One of the greatest "offences" in Kenya today is to refer to The Screwball without his title. Karua asked recently why it is so important that be constantly reminded that he is president. Is he not sure of it? Alai is guilty of blasphemy. He has failed to worship a "god".
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 07:15:33 PM »
Sounds like Museveni's govt. Are police independent?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 08:15:46 PM »
He is removing that independence. By granting himself powers to fire the IG without involving other people, it will not matter whether the IG is hired through a vigourous vetting exercise. He can just fire him any time. That will in turn force the IG to take instructions from him or face the sack.

Uhuru was drunk when the people expressed their views to Ghai and others about the new constitution. That the people did not want the IG hired and fired by the President alone is something Uhuru never heard. He was absent from the scene. That people do not want an imperial president who rules like King is something unheard of. He just looks at the new constitution as having taken away his father's wonderful powers.

He will be taught the lesson that Moi learned. After he shoots 40, 60 100 people dead and still more coming to die, will he probably understand why people died for these changes.
Sounds like Museveni's govt. Are police independent?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 08:23:34 PM »
Omollo,
How will the adoloscent PORK remove the tenure of IG without changing the constitution. DPP Tobiko ought to do his job here and tell CID boss to find some other hobby.

There is nothing wrong with Alai posts. Nothing criminal. Nothing illegal.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 08:48:02 PM »
In his limited knowledge he is trying to exploit 248(8.) see below. He forgets that any law. He has overlooked:
Supremacy of this Constitution.
2.(4) Any law, including customary law, that is inconsistent with this Constitution is void to the extent of the inconsistency, and any act or omission in contravention of this Constitution is invalid.
You have to remember that he gets his legal advice from his drinking pals where Moi would listen to Wako and even ask him for a legal shortcut. People like Mutula Kilonzo would be hired for advice before action was taken. At the end of the day, legal advice has to be balanced with political considerations. Here is Uhuru irking NGOs, The Opposition and retired street fighters in one day! He is a gift that gives for ever! He has handed CORD a rope to climb out of the abyss.
Omollo,
How will the adoloscent PORK remove the tenure of IG without changing the constitution. DPP Tobiko ought to do his job here and tell CID boss to find some other hobby.

There is nothing wrong with Alai posts. Nothing criminal. Nothing illegal.
(8.) Parliament shall enact legislation to give full effect to this Article.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 08:10:53 AM »
Omorlo,
Interesting. I never knew CORD was in abyss
NGOs can't possibly fight back over their non-compliance with very simple laws which have been around for decades. At best they can just whine and do more papers and then shut up

I also noted that US,UK and any other serious partners are with Ouruto. That means everything

In his limited knowledge he is trying to exploit 248(8.) see below. He forgets that any law. He has overlooked:
 Here is Uhuru irking NGOs, The Opposition and retired street fighters in one day! He is a gift that gives for ever! He has handed CORD a rope to climb out of the abyss.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 04:32:18 PM »
Technically yes. The mess that the Kenyan politics is means without largesse to distribute, the opposition is left deep in the quicksands. They have most of their MPs on the jubilee payroll either directly by State House funds or indirectly through the NIS and wealthy Jubilee backers. These MPs have no way out. Many are still paying election debts and need money to hand out to greedy constituents who believe they have a share in the salary of their MP.

vooke, the day I paid petrol for an MP who had been my mwalimu is the day I lost appetite for any elective post.
Omorlo,
Interesting. I never knew CORD was in abyss
NGOs can't possibly fight back over their non-compliance with very simple laws which have been around for decades. At best they can just whine and do more papers and then shut up

I also noted that US,UK and any other serious partners are with Ouruto. That means everything

Here is Uhuru irking NGOs, The Opposition and retired street fighters in one day! He is a gift that gives for ever! He has handed CORD a rope to climb out of the abyss.