Author Topic: My few days in shags  (Read 621 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
My few days in shags
« on: February 06, 2023, 07:55:19 PM »
Biggest concern is CBC..school fees for upper primary a real issues for the poor. Record high temperatures..First time in kericho you sweat at night.Zero politics.The only concern was why Nation newspaper had big Raila headline n face..while Ruto was in tiny corner.Consesus was during Moi time this won't have flown.I didn't hear cries about cost of living..People are used it or given up or adjusted to new normal. Ruto should watch cbc..nobody happy to pay high school fees for kids in same primary school plus new uniform. Also majority took hustler fund but didn't see the need to repay because of the ridiculous amount lent...

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: My few days in shags
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 08:02:36 PM »
Kenya is turning into a desert. most kenyans have given up on cost of living. they are just boiling on the inside. they know they can't do much about it. it is a traumatized nation. cbc is being implemented at the wrong time during an economic downturn. worldbank funded it and gok is implementing it as agreed.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 08:06:44 PM »
Kenya is turning into a desert. most kenyans have given up on cost of living. they are just boiling on the inside. they know they can't do much about it. it is a traumatized nation. cbc is being implemented at the wrong time during an economic downturn. worldbank funded it and gok is implementing it as agreed.

Yes agreed on many points. Many understand why cbc must continue because their kids have been on it for 8yrs..they are not ready to pay for it.We may see many school dropouts in class 6.People cannot start harambee and chasing cdf bursay for cbc junior secondary. This the real issue. Yes I suspect many have given up on cost of living.Gok need to declare junior secondary or middle school free totally. Most pay 1000 now in primary school but with cbc grade 7 they need 17k...this almost certainly unavailable to many..at least with old system..they had 3yrs more to prepare

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 11:57:54 PM »

Yes agreed on many points. Many understand why cbc must continue because their kids have been on it for 8yrs..they are not ready to pay for it.We may see many school dropouts in class 6.People cannot start harambee and chasing cdf bursay for cbc junior secondary. This the real issue. Yes I suspect many have given up on cost of living.Gok need to declare junior secondary or middle school free totally. Most pay 1000 now in primary school but with cbc grade 7 they need 17k...this almost certainly unavailable to many..at least with old system..they had 3yrs more to prepare

may be rhe hidden intention is have poor kids quit at grade 6

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 12:21:48 PM »
Continue cutting indegenious trees and you will pay the price.
Admitted, am a tree hugger. :D

Biggest concern is CBC..school fees for upper primary a real issues for the poor. Record high temperatures..First time in kericho you sweat at night.Zero politics.The only concern was why Nation newspaper had big Raila headline n face..while Ruto was in tiny corner.Consesus was during Moi time this won't have flown.I didn't hear cries about cost of living..People are used it or given up or adjusted to new normal. Ruto should watch cbc..nobody happy to pay high school fees for kids in same primary school plus new uniform. Also majority took hustler fund but didn't see the need to repay because of the ridiculous amount lent...

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 12:00:14 AM »
What happened to universal free education under kibaki? what does ndii have to say abou this?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 09:32:19 PM »
?t=S7vUaRWXGsv6ry7j2rOa1Q&s=19

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2023, 03:01:47 AM »
Why can't they re-introduce the free primary school initiative that kibaki had? Tell the schools to admit these kids and then parliament needs to find the funds and pay the schools later.