Author Topic: The coffee Kartel and brookside aka kenyatta milk gartel..  (Read 289 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
The coffee Kartel and brookside aka kenyatta milk gartel..
« on: January 23, 2023, 10:16:51 PM »
 https://m.facebook.com/1385217758/posts/pfbid07nnrCFc1jTRgtJgBo9W1rCAZexKaXZjgM24K4mPxUYt4yxFpQmZNHU3RDFWDrfeLl/?comment_id=742548553873085 answer Wahome thinks along my lines

My family farms Tea, Coffee and Dairy cattle..we have not encountered cartels. all we have encountered is drought and heavy competition  in these industries after thr reforms of kibaki era. in my village each dairy farmer can choose from about 5 companies that buy milk at the farm gate. I was surprised to see vehicles speeding like miraa vehicles competing to get to the farms to buy milk. my parents sell milk to 3 different companies. whichever company pays more They sell to it

this cartel talk is actually hot air to a lot of farmers. the farmers I know are laughing at DO gachagua

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: The coffee Kartel and brookside aka kenyatta milk gartel..
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 10:56:50 PM »
I also doubt this cartel story

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: The coffee Kartel and brookside aka kenyatta milk gartel..
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 11:55:04 PM »
I also doubt this cartel story

it is campaign rhetoric that needs to be dropped or it will make foreign investors in dairy industry run away. Brookside is owned by French company..there is a lot of good that reforms in diary industry. what is needed now is solving the dairy feeds issue. May be allow importation of grains for chicken and cattle feed. we should even allow importation of soya beans to make pigs feed.

Ndii needs to be placed in DOs office and Njuguna should instructed to issue all policy communications on Tra, coffee and dairy issues. Gachagua is too hyper. he needs to calm down and just stop imagining he cab sustain noise for 4 years