Author Topic: Why it would be a Disaster if Ngugi Wins Nobel Prize  (Read 20129 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Why it would be a Disaster if Ngugi Wins Nobel Prize
« on: September 07, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »
This man is again rumoured to be in serious contention for the Nobel prize. I believe it would be a disaster that would set African and Kenya 50 years back and ruin every effort made to counter his pervasive influence.

Here is why:

1. Ngugi is a champion of Female Genital Mutilation. He is not just an advocate of it but is said to have personally advocated for the same in his native Kikuyu tribe. The only person who was not circumcised in Ngugi's household was his second wife. This came to a violent end when she was forcefully circumcised by unidentified men in a very suspicious attack on the residence where Ngugi and the innocent woman were staying. Giving Ngugi the prize would only prove him right and lead to more FGM in Kenya starting with his native tribe who would see it as a "cultural revival;

2. Ngugi is considered an "authority" on FMG in the entire Africa. His works are read and celebrated at FGM fetes by FGM activists in West Africa. The characters he created Muthoni and Nyambura are celebrated and one of them has become a common name in the region. Granting Ngugi  the prize would serve as the final stamp of approval of FGM by the Nobel Committee. One can think of fewer harmful things to humanity;

3. Ngugi has remained quiet and seemingly unaffected as his fellow tribesmen institute a tribal Paramount Chieftaincy in Kenya  that tyrannizes over other tribes. He has taken a very long leave from the militancy and activism that he used so effectively against the Moi Dictatorship. His previously lethal pen has miraculously run out of ink and his previously loud voice has gone silent. All this dates to the moment a fellow tribesman took power. Ngugi is blind to the increased cases of Extra Judicial Killings  even when never in the history of Kenya has the government openly murdered so many of its own innocent citizens; Ngugi has kept quiet on multiple occasions as the same Kenyan police he used to complain about shoot demonstrators and lock Uhuru park.

There are more reasons but I have chosen these few to start with.  I believe Ngugi should never be awarded any prize least of all the Nobel Prize.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Mheshimiwa

• VIP
Re: Why it would be a Disaster if Ngugi Wins Nobel Prize
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 02:27:22 PM »
This thread has done it for me.
If this sort of trivial tribal posts are still around then there was no point leaving the 1st Nipate.
Kwaherini.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 02:33:14 PM »
Omollo,
I disagree. Ngugi should not be awarded the Nobel peace or chemistry prize but if his literature work is exemplary(and am no judge in that department) then Ngugi work will continue receiving accolades.

Awarding Ngugi the Literature prize is a recognition of Africa home-grown talents. Wole Soyinka and Achinue Achebe have their political ideas like everyone else...but it's their literature that they're known for.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 02:34:04 PM »
Yeah go find a non-tribal forum. I suggest you join kikuyu.com. There you'll find people who agree with you trivially and tribally.
If this sort of trivial tribal posts are still around then there was no point leaving the 1st Nipate.
Kwaherini.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 02:35:59 PM »
Kwaherini.
Can anybody point at anything remotely "tribal" in my post? This over-sensitive guy should man up and demolish what I have written blow by blow instead of throwing a teenage tantrum.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 02:39:04 PM »
Omollo,
I disagree. Ngugi should not be awarded the Nobel peace or chemistry prize but if his literature work is exemplary(and am no judge in that department) then Ngugi work will continue receiving accolades.

Awarding Ngugi the Literature prize is a recognition of Africa home-grown talents. Wole Soyinka and Achinue Achebe have their political ideas like everyone else...but it's their literature that they're known for.

Pundit

The Nobel prize in anything (that is why I have not specified Literature) awarded to anybody grants them a platform like non available. Given Ngugi's stand on FGM, it becomes a dangerous proposition. What if he uses his increased influence to promote FGM? How does the World gain from that?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 02:44:43 PM »
I think what sells Ngugi is his gifted pen. Nobel prize will just affirm it.There is nothing wrong in FGM as long as it's done to consenting adults. There is also historical perspective of where Ngugi is coming from...i grew up in a place where FGM was prevalent..my grandmother would swear to it...it was a taboo to eat food prepared by non-fgm women..and that was in 1980s and early 1990s...thankfully now fgm is nearly completed eradicated..thanks mostly to young girls going to secondary schools and finding out a world were fgm was despised.

In kalenjin non-fgmed women were despised and really victimized..they were called meliat...

Now imagine Ngungi brought up in 1940s in a place where FGM was unquestionably accepted. Is Ngugi tribal..yes he is just like any Luo proffesor who by default swears by ODM.

Judge Ngugi by his literature. Judge me by the quality of software i develop.

Pundit

The Nobel prize in anything (that is why I have not specified Literature) awarded to anybody grants them a platform like non available. Given Ngugi's stand on FGM, it becomes a dangerous proposition. What if he uses his increased influence to promote FGM? How does the World gain from that?

Offline Mheshimiwa

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 02:49:43 PM »
1. Ngugi is a champion of Female Genital Mutilation. He is not just an advocate of it but is said to have personally advocated for the same in his native Kikuyu tribe. The only person who was not circumcised in Ngugi's household was his second wife. This came to a violent end when she was forcefully circumcised by unidentified men in a very suspicious attack on the residence where Ngugi and the innocent woman were staying. Giving Ngugi the prize would only prove him right and lead to more FGM in Kenya starting with his native tribe who would see it as a "cultural revival;

In this paragraph we learn that Ngugi supports FGM.

2. Ngugi is considered an "authority" on FMG in the entire Africa. His works are read and celebrated at FGM fetes by FGM activists in West Africa. The characters he created Muthoni and Nyambura are celebrated and one of them has become a common name in the region. Granting Ngugi  the prize would serve as the final stamp of approval of FGM by the Nobel Committee. One can think of fewer harmful things to humanity;

Just incase you forgot Ngugi loves FGM.

3. Ngugi has remained quiet and seemingly unaffected as his fellow tribesmen institute a tribal Paramount Chieftaincy in Kenya  that tyrannizes over other tribes. He has taken a very long leave from the militancy and activism that he used so effectively against the Moi Dictatorship. His previously lethal pen has miraculously run out of ink and his previously loud voice has gone silent. All this dates to the moment a fellow tribesman took power. Ngugi is blind to the increased cases of Extra Judicial Killings  even when never in the history of Kenya has the government openly murdered so many of its own innocent citizens; Ngugi has kept quiet on multiple occasions as the same Kenyan police he used to complain about shoot demonstrators and lock Uhuru park.

In this paragraph we learn that there is a tribal Paramount Chieftaincy that tyrannizes the rest of Kenya. tyrannizes!.........this guy seriously said tyrannizes.

RVP please spare me your pretentious reprisals, this thread has unnecessary negative tribal connotations & you know it.
Kikuyu.com is that the best you can do?
The forum I have always loved are the Kenyan boards on Skyscrapercity, the place is mostly Luo majority but people try not to be negative, even during elections 2013 architecture & development was put aside & there were heated discussions but people weren't vicious.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 02:59:06 PM »
Nobody is here to mother you. Omollo is entitled to his anti-kikuyu (if you think so) threads..and you are also entitled to all your views, opinions..however obnoxious.

Maybe Veritas can be so kind to suckle you!!!

RVP please spare me your pretentious reprisals, this thread has unnecessary negative tribal connotations & you know it.
Kikuyu.com is that the best you can do?
The forum I have always loved are the Kenyan boards on Skyscrapercity, the place is mostly Luo majority but people try not to be negative, even during elections 2013 architecture & development was put aside & there were heated discussions but people weren't vicious.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 03:54:18 PM »
But for a short break during the Moi Dictatorship, Kenya has been ruled by ethnic Kikuyu Presidents. Kenyatta ruled for 15 and Kibaki for 11 and now we have Uhuru doing his second year. All in all Kikuyu Presidents have ruled Kenya for now 27 years going to 28. During their tenure here is what has characterized their presidency

1. A majority if not all leading public positions have gone to ethnic Kikuyu or their linguistic and cultural kin (Embu Meru, Tharaka etc). During Kenyatta's regime Five out of six Provincial Governors were from his ethnic group; More than two thirds of DCs were Kikuyu with the remaining divided between Embu, Meru and other tribes. The same applied to Permanent secretaries. His cabinet had nearly 8 ethnic Kikuyus plus another 5 related tribes before OTHER tribes were considered. Kibaki would repeat more of the same as has Uhuru. That should explain the use of "tyranny". I am available to expound further in event this is unsatisfactory

2. Ngugi has glorified FGM in his book The River Between. He describes it as "beautiful".

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 03:54:54 PM »
Omorlo,
You need to give more proof that he is pro-FGM. The rumors of his wives being forcibly circumcised won't count. If this shabby negro supports it, he should be hanged by his gonads and some wild dogs fed his liver
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »
The FGMist should get the prize if he deserves it.

That said.  The Nobel prize in any discipline is not immune to politics.  That is, in all likelihood, even more so in the peace and literature categories. 

I always get the impression these two were in fact created to

1) promote mind control
2) afford the Negro and other disadvantaged groups representation among laureates.

I am opposed to mindfuck.  But if that goes to promote a good cause like the fight against FGM, I am all for it.

I think denying it to him for his support of FGM is a positive use of subjectivity. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 03:56:55 PM »
Pundit

I have no issues with Female Mutilation when it is done at an age when the woman knows what she wants. I am opposed to any form of it be it genital or facial being done to children. I am also opposed to pressure being applied to girls so that they can conform.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 03:58:29 PM »
Omorlo,
You need to give more proof that he is pro-FGM. The rumors of his wives being forcibly circumcised won't count. If this shabby negro supports it, he should be hanged by his gonads and some wild dogs fed his liver
Court records and newspaper reports never denied or recanted stated that his wife was forcefully cut.

Ngugi has described FGM and the victim of it as being "beautiful".

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 04:59:53 PM »
 Thought I said bar talk won't count.
On critiquing his work, I thought Mr. T took you to the cleaners.....is that all?

Omorlo,
Court records and newspaper reports never denied or recanted stated that his wife was forcefully cut.

Ngugi has described FGM and the victim of it as being "beautiful".
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 05:22:12 PM »
You have a way of seeing things that is irritatingly naive. Who took me to what cleaners? I read you talking about Omollo being your punching bag. When have you so to speak punched me? You have all these silly ideas about debates.

Ngugi's told the world what happened. The rest came out in court.

http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/index.php?topic=2167.0;wap2

Offline Logan

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 07:24:13 PM »
Kwaherini.

I am sure our NSI agent made a careful exit without the door hitting his arse..

My issues with Ngugi have remained the same since this previous exchange elsewhere:

Quote from: Logan
Quote from: True RV
First Ngugi ran away to US from Moi's regime. Then he came back later to Kenya where he was herded thru a Kikuyu ritual at his birth place where he walked with his knees thru thorns and mud. Then he went back to the US.

Later he came back with his NEW wife from US. Note he abandoned his wife in Kenya. At a hotel in Nairobi he got robbed and his wife SODOMIZED in front of him. You wonder why a Kikuyu thief wanted to screw the ass of the wife and not the vagina.

Lastly at a Sun Francisco hotel, reading a book on the corridor, he was thrown out as unwanted visitor.

Now your conclusion

TRV, thanks for articulately detailing what I only could mention due to little knowledge here:  :)

True. But not kiambu villagers pissed off at his new wife they raped in a nairobi hotel for making Ngugi abandon his mother and first wife
for the good life in diaspora.  :oops:

Quote from: SaltyLight
Obienga, read me again: I have no qualms with his/your gikuyu affinity, just not my cup of tea.

On grooming, see what "looking homeless" did to him:  :oops:

On 10 November 2006, while in San Francisco at Hotel Vitale at the Embarcadero, Ng?g? was harassed and ordered to leave the hotel by an employee.

He was actually a registered resident at the hotel and was hanging by the pool. I don't condone the attack, but "impression" helps.  :)

I think Ngugi has impressed more people than you.  :lol:  :lol:

http://nipate.com/post370453.html?hilit=%20ngugi#p370453
And Life Goes On..

Offline MansaMusa

• VIP
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 02:43:19 AM »
Kwaherini.

word.

Offline Logan

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 03:23:34 AM »
And Life Goes On..

Kwaherini.

word.
And Life Goes On..

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 05:54:53 AM »
if there is an Okoyu intellectual that has Jarluo pseudo-intellectuals by their gonads it is Ngugi.
For most of these Ojingaist buffoons, attacking Okoyu is the surest way to eternity.

Omorlo is a perfect example. His/her basis of denying Ngugi a Nobel are frivolous. Ngugi FGMd his wife and evidence is out there in Kibera pubs.

Ngugi is a pro-FGM proper. How much would he have survived and risen in the West if this was his stance? You can bet minions of NGO busybodies would be al over him. So far, only this dumb and bigoted literature critic who was given free lessons by Tarimbo is seeing it....Bure kabisa
You have a way of seeing things that is irritatingly naive. Who took me to what cleaners? I read you talking about Omollo being your punching bag. When have you so to speak punched me? You have all these silly ideas about debates.

Ngugi's told the world what happened. The rest came out in court.

http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/index.php?topic=2167.0;wap2