Author Topic: Blast from,the past digital essay  (Read 384 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Blast from,the past digital essay
« on: January 10, 2023, 04:04:01 PM »
https://jukwaa.proboards.com/thread/356/ideological-reading-kenya

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Blast from,the past digital essay
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 04:17:54 AM »
OO was indeed a gifted writer.  He should have been a speechwriter for an Obama or something.  MM has always been a bellicose bully.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 06:05:20 PM »
Obama? Pff. OO is an enigma and a legend. He was well connected and did a lot of projects but kept quiet about it. For instance, he was commissioned to write volumes on Kenya's history by a well known British publisher.

He was a force to be reckoned with, a mover and shaker of Kenya's democracy in the digital space. We used to discuss politics for hours at a time, daily, leading up to elections. The last we spoke he expressed disappointment with ODM because he'd witnessed first hand the likes of Orengo stealing from Kenyans. I won't ever forget that conversation. It's like he'd given up on the revolution. He believed in Raila though irrespective of MM crying foul and capitalising on the fall out.

OO was my mentor and taught me and countless others from all walks of life that a utopia was possible. I miss him.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 06:40:02 PM »
oo ideology was way ahead of his time. his vision will be realized in 100 years to come. he went mad from being to ideological. if he had slight cunningness like Miguna Miguna and an ego to boot he would have been dangerous. he biggest flaw is that he gentle and ad many people of his mindset they get depressed and self destruct in the end. I talked to him on the phone twice. he as way kinder and gentle than his online persona. I mourn him and I wish he had fixed some of his flaws.