Author Topic: Robert Alai: Nairobi's Dirty Water  (Read 636 times)

Offline sema

• Enigma
Robert Alai: Nairobi's Dirty Water
« on: December 23, 2022, 02:40:00 PM »
I've always suspected that the rising cancer rates were being caused by bad water both in the system and in the boreholes.  Based on what Alai is saying, it sounds like a health nightmare especially with all the apartments that continue to be built. Also, if there's no water, where are the water bowzers getting their water from?

I heard someone say as long as you boil it you are fine with no thought on the chemicals they might be ingesting. There's no way you can ingest that water for years and years and not suffer some health consequences.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Robert Alai: Nairobi's Dirty Water
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 12:28:29 AM »
Are there private firms that test water??
You can boil bacteria out but not chemicals.

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • Raila Odinga.President of the Republic of Kenya.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 11:00:58 AM »
I've always suspected that the rising cancer rates were being caused by bad water both in the system and in the boreholes.  Based on what Alai is saying, it sounds like a health nightmare especially with all the apartments that continue to be built. Also, if there's no water, where are the water bowzers getting their water from?

I heard someone say as long as you boil it you are fine with no thought on the chemicals they might be ingesting. There's no way you can ingest that water for years and years and not suffer some health consequences.

The problem is WARMA,NEMA and Water sewerage..they don't follow and enforce safety standards.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 04:21:45 AM »

Would you trust them? kenyans are so corrupt

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 04:51:51 PM »
ufool's NMS jeshi was unaccountable to no one. Went on drilling tender's spree though their numbers were inflated while stalling North Collector Tunnels.

It again goes back to lack of functional sewer system polluting the upper aquifers.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 06:33:19 AM »

Would you trust them? kenyans are so corrupt

Yes, corruption can be a show stopper.  And Kenya is almost hopelessly mired in it.  But if it needs to be tested, it needs to be tested.  How do you propose they do it?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2022, 07:23:03 PM »

I think there should be a repository for this information, maybe held by an institution like University of Nairobi.  They can be funded and the results of their studies made accessible to the public.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2022, 10:46:41 PM »

I think there should be a repository for this information, maybe held by an institution like University of Nairobi.  They can be funded and the results of their studies made accessible to the public.

I support this.