Author Topic: Section 251A in the Penal Code Is Interesting  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Section 251A in the Penal Code Is Interesting
« on: December 19, 2014, 09:11:59 PM »
It seems like one of those kamwana will abuse to lock up the Alais and anybody else who dares call him out on his stupidity.

It would also appear that you pull a man's pants down, expose his deficiency and you risk 20 years.

Those yokels that put people on hand-carts and forcefully circumcise them also risk 20 years.

A playful prank could set you up at Kamiti for 2 decades.  This is amazing in a country where crimes against humanity are not prosecuted.
Section 251A
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Section 251A in the Penal Code Is Interesting
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 02:39:59 AM »
I went through the new-and-improved amendments, and I was astonished.    Badly thought-out, and the writing is even worse.   Consider this funny example you have just given.  What exactly does it mean to  intentionally intrude on a person's privacy?  Are Peeping Toms to be locked up for 20 years?

The worst is what they purport to do to the Constitution.   Even in Kenya the Constitution is to be viewed as the supreme law: Article 2 of the same states just that.  Now, go through the amendments and count the number of instances of "Constitution shall be limited".   Wow.  Why bother to change it when you can just "limit" it?

Here is what they have done: where it is immediately obvious that they are going against the Constitution, they claim that these new (and lesser) laws will limit it (the supreme law); elsewhere, they hope nobody notices.

Amazing.   Does anyone not see where all this will end up, especially given that Kenya has already been there before?   For decades!  .... And somewhere there is, I believe, a requirement that these people show that they have been to school (university) and so, presumably, can use their heads.   I have come to the conclusion that when it comes to sycophancy and dick-sucking, the African politician is unbeatable and beyond redemption.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »
This is like robbbery with violence thing. Some thugs steal from kenyatta Jomo and next day parliament declares robbery with violence a capital offense. The number of the guys on death row due to this are so much; we had to stop executing them. Is it possible to steal without using some violence? Where is the proportionality when some little boy in village armed with pocket knife steals and is codemned to die...instead of being taken to reform in prison...for larceny/stealing/robbery...not capital offence only equivalent to murder (higher than manslaughter or rape or terrorism)

Some bored youths strip women to national outrage and the adolscent pork has now turn a petty crime into serious crime.

Somebody post a picture of victims on facebook...at worse a misdemanour...and stupid parliament slaps 20yrs sentence on that.

So now what will folks being doing with smartphones?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 06:04:09 PM »
It is Mungiki that started and perfected the art of stripping women. It followed that the habit stayed in Nairobi and Central (largely) among ethnic Kikuyus. As the undisputed leader of Kikuyus, Uhuru simply had to visit inooru radio station and speaking in Gikuyu, ask his supporters to stop stripping their sisters.

But as they say, never let a crisis go to waste. He had to use it.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread