Author Topic: Best Discussion on Kenya Airways I've seen so far  (Read 663 times)

Offline sema

• Enigma
Best Discussion on Kenya Airways I've seen so far
« on: November 07, 2022, 07:38:23 PM »

This captain not only articulates all the problems, he also provides the solutions.  He said he's been talking to Ruto because ruto was the only politician that would listen to them and was actually punished for speaking to ruto.  Looks like lose mouthed murkomen doesn't understand the issues as well as ruto.

KQ cannot run without pilots. They said they'll hire more from where? this guy says already many have left for the middle eastern airlines.  Based on what he says, I personallly would avoid flying KQ just out of safety concerns (not enough engineers, mechanics, spare parts, etc) a disaster. Board needs to be disbanded and michael joseph and kilavuka fired immediately.

KQ is a victim of state capture (the captain was afraid to say this but you can figure it out) and this state capture began with project mawingu and continued with jambo jet which is owned by the kenyatta's.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Best Discussion on Kenya Airways I've seen so far
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 11:30:04 PM »
nothing tangible , lots of wishful thinking and political undertones...

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 11:01:52 AM »
As copied Long post alert, on KQ.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 01:25:04 PM »
Yes I passed Qatar away it 100 percent kenyan :)

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 02:59:44 PM »

It's a long interview and if you think it was lots of wishful thinking then you clearly didn't listen to most of the interview. The captain raises all the issues and outlines the solutions.  He says many KQ engineers were snapped up by Oman Air. They are going to the middle east.  During covid their salaries were slashed by 80%! 80%!

If I were a young KQ pilot, it's time to look out for my own financial future and leave for one of the middle eastern airlines (better pay, free rent, free schools all provided by these middle eastern airlines)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 03:09:22 PM »
From KK manifesto. It is in line with what pilots are saying. Michael Joseph magic touch is past him now. Let have someone to do what he did by turning Safaricom into a mwananchi matatu in telco with KQ. The management has grown too comfortable with bailouts.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 03:52:56 PM »
i listened to the guy from start to end. This guy is on a campaign mission to be nominated to the board.
Yes some Ex KQ engineers went to middle east so did pilots but that was before Covid era,   My point KQ issues are mainly to do with Leases (he is very afraid to touch on that issue) . Suppliers and operational costs.
All the other non issues are more of political. From welfare to making KQ a center of training of pilots and doing engine overhauls .
I liked how he said leasing one KQ dreamliner is 1million USD in KQ but same is 435K USD in ET per month . Deal with that and you start dealing with issues at KQ.

It's a long interview and if you think it was lots of wishful thinking then you clearly didn't listen to most of the interview. The captain raises all the issues and outlines the solutions.  He says many KQ engineers were snapped up by Oman Air. They are going to the middle east.  During covid their salaries were slashed by 80%! 80%!

If I were a young KQ pilot, it's time to look out for my own financial future and leave for one of the middle eastern airlines (better pay, free rent, free schools all provided by these middle eastern airlines)