Author Topic: Gatundu parents resort to feeding kids bhang, alcohol to forget about food  (Read 411 times)

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
There is a moral ground for state capture commission and seizure of billions in hands of handchieth thugs to offer famine relief in next one year.
For Makwa villagers in Gatundu North, Kiambu County, the sound of approaching vehicles rekindles their hope of benefiting from fresh relief food to enable them beat the ravaging drought that continues to put their lives at stake.

Shockingly, the devastating long-term effects of the drought especially on vulnerable children in the area have seen parents devise weird means of giving hope to the future generation.

The hunger-hit parents are now forcing their children to consume bhang and alcohol which is cheap and readily available in the infamous village to stop them from demanding for unavailable food.

https://www.k24tv.co.ke/news/parents-feed-kids-bhang-alcohol-to-forget-about-food-85273/
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Gatundu parents resort to feeding kids bhang, alcohol to forget about food
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 02:51:03 PM »
Hunger in Gatundu ???

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 04:05:16 PM »
Very good question. The place looks green and I can even see grass growing. What is happening?

Hunger in Gatundu ???

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 04:16:24 PM »
Rains have failed for 4 seasons, I think. There has never been a good harvest to speak of. Then silly corona restrictions which wiped urban hustles which enabled people to support their parents back home in the villages.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Online KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 10:15:18 AM »
Very good question. The place looks green and I can even see grass growing. What is happening?

Hunger in Gatundu ???

no adequate rainfall. there are places in gatundu that border semi arid zones. Gatundu has very hot areas and if rain fails you can hardly grow anyting unless you plant on river beds.  some people have no land and live in govt issued plots where they rely on casual farm work to feed themselves. with no rains most farm workers are having a hard time making enough to buy food. I know in our area my family has to give these workers loans or just give them food in hope once it rains they will have enough work to pay back the money.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 10:26:03 AM »
Now Gatundu fighting jiggers and hunger??? I can only imagine if Gatundu is going through this how is the rest of the country? Landless people in Gatundu while kenyatta criminal enterprise is sitting on stolen land size of a county? Why cannt these people invade kenyatta land???

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 02:10:02 PM »
Some time back you would have been told Jomo bought that land on willing sellerwilling buyer agreement. The people of Gatundu voted overwhelminly in 2013 and 2017 to have Uhuru as president, despite of them knowing Kenyattas very well. So I would keep Kenyattas out their dilema now and hope the best for them.

Now Gatundu fighting jiggers and hunger??? I can only imagine if Gatundu is going through this how is the rest of the country? Landless people in Gatundu while kenyatta criminal enterprise is sitting on stolen land size of a county? Why cannt these people invade kenyatta land???