Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 9725 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: December 07, 2014, 10:36:42 AM »
Good morning church,
Ephesians 5:19 -20 (ESV)
19 addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, 20 giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Today I want to encourage you not with my sermons but a Psalm in obedience to this verse. We have 150 chapters in Psalms. Some are songs of praise, thanksgiving,others are prayers and others are spectacular prophecies. I recall I once shared some verses with a childless couple and encouraged them to structure their prayers around them.They are proud parents glory be to Jesus. That book is quite rich and powerful. And not just in the literary sense. It packs enough power to change your circumstances.

Let us meditate on Psalms 3;

Psalms 3 (KJV) ?
1 Lord, how are they increased that trouble me!
many are they that rise up against me.
2 Many there be which say of my soul,
There is no help for him in God. Selah.
3 But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me;
my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
4 I cried unto the Lord with my voice,
and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.
5 I laid me down and slept;
I awaked; for the Lord sustained me.
6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people,
that have set themselves against me round about.
7 Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God:
for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone;
thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
8 Salvation belongeth unto the Lord:
thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.

I must confess that the MOST remarkable songs and the ones that really provoke praise in my spirit are those that sing the scriptures. This why I still have a soft place for Golden Bells. Those guys sang scriptures. Reuben Kigame's first album was full of psalms. Bwana ni Mchungaji wangu is A beautiful rendition of Psalms 23. Neno Moja is Psalms 27 here redone by Marion Shako. The first song below by Byron Cage is right off the first 6 verses of Psalms 3

Now, Jude 1:24-25 (KJV)
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
Let us worship and give Him praise due His holy name
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: Let's Pray
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 01:21:16 PM »
Luv it.