Author Topic: This Stolen Uhuru Car Is Not Worth Shs 150,00 In European /American Car Market  (Read 4019 times)

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
Acquired by the Kibaki govt in 2001.

Looks very old and beaten. Yet so much hullalaboo in the press. Being refered to as a state of the art high value prestigious car.

In the European market this junk would not even fetch  shs 150 ,000. Bryan would agree with me.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
Hehehe, someone would have to pay me to accept this one, considering it's age and the severe use on Kenyan 'roads'.  This car here if indeed is the one that was stolen exposes the strange motor trade industry in Kenya.  This is a pile of scrap in most regions of the world.  But not in Kenya...   :D :D :D

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
What's amazing is how the scarce state resources were brought to bear into finding it, even across international boundaries. 

Mo1 lost his car until Kaa Ngumu took it in for servicing.  Did this junk have traces of kamwana's indiscretions?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Junk..kabisa..worthless.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
It has cost more to recover it than its value. It would have been cost effective to pay the thieves to keep it and even better to dump it abroad (Uganda). The benefits would be enormous, starting with reduced toxic emissions and removal of a major traffic hazard. I can't even think of the savings on repairs.

It begs the question: What the hell is this car still doing in service? Its book value is probably now in the minus. Perhaps Pua Kal will help us determine just what a liability it is to the taxpayer. Honestly I would not hesitate to demand somebody show cause why he should continue in employment if I came over such a car of that age in the fleet in some office.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Nyakinywa

• Regular
 :D :D :D

Offline Ole Ole

• Superstar
Based on design that's a late 90's early 2000 7 series BMW model. They should have written it off and let the insurance pick the tab, now its of no value unless they are planning to put it in the museum as the first official  presidential limo to be stolen..............i think there is more to this story than we are being told, personally i believe this story was meant to divert kenyans attention from the drug manenos that uhuru 'destroyed' based on the script and way they have milked this story.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Based on design that's a late 90's early 2000 7 series BMW model. They should have written it off and let the insurance pick the tab, now its of no value unless they are planning to put it in the museum as the first official  presidential limo to be stolen..............i think there is more to this story than we are being told, personally i believe this story was meant to divert kenyans attention from the drug manenos that uhuru 'destroyed' based on the script and way they have milked this story.

Ole

Am glad this is not a kiwaru site. That BMW is an example of Ancient German Technology. Check the latest and see what features are there. It is a virtual intelligent computer on the road. It is nearly impossible to knock down a pedestrian; It parks itself; Intelligent braking; If you are in a jam it cuts off the engine as long as you have the brake pedal depressed and when you release it starts the engine. I can go on and on.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread