Author Topic: Kasarani Stadium & the poverty of Kenya/ Africa  (Read 527 times)

Offline sema

• Enigma
Kasarani Stadium & the poverty of Kenya/ Africa
« on: September 14, 2022, 11:02:20 PM »
This post comes from my observations of the people that attended William Ruto's swearing-in ceremony at Kasarini.  I watched the video's and I have certain conclusions about the people I saw at Kasarani.  In short, they looked poor. They looked like they hadn't eaten. They hadn't showered in a few days because they don't have access to water. They had bad teeth (no access to dental care -- brown teeth from lack of clean water; broken teeth; missing teethl poverty.

and as I looked at them,  I said to myself that this is going to be ruto's main problem: How to reduce this poverty situation of people that look like they've just been beaten down by life. Middle class kenyans (the few that exist) will spend all day going to tv stations talking about appointments and the constitution, but on the ground, the real issue is this grinding poverty and it is this issue that Ruto, if he wants to be called a success, will have to deal with.

My fellow kenyans, it's the poverty.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Kasarani Stadium & the poverty of Kenya/ Africa
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 11:15:01 PM »
This post comes from my observations of the people that attended William Ruto's swearing-in ceremony at Kasarini.  I watched the video's and I have certain conclusions about the people I saw at Kasarani.  In short, they looked poor. They looked like they hadn't eaten. They hadn't showered in a few days because they don't have access to water. They had bad teeth (no access to dental care -- brown teeth from lack of clean water; broken teeth; missing teethl poverty.

and as I looked at them,  I said to myself that this is going to be ruto's main problem: How to reduce this poverty situation of people that look like they've just been beaten down by life. Middle class kenyans (the few that exist) will spend all day going to tv stations talking about appointments and the constitution, but on the ground, the real issue is this grinding poverty and it is this issue that Ruto, if he wants to be called a success, will have to deal with.

Kenya is one hell for the poor. a very bad place to live. ruto wife needs to drop her religiosity foolishness and start working on welfare programs to cater for these people

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 11:38:08 PM »
There are two Kenyas. Oligarchs and Poor.

Only thing that can build Kenya is a middle class. Problem is that the very people who are supposed to build and implement these policies have a conflict of interest. Catch 22. So these people will just keep applying band aids till the wound becomes incurable. Businesses are moving out of China, why not attract those business with tax free zone??
Population explosion is also a problem - introduce mandatory sex ed and contraceptives
Policy and Regulations will build the country, minimal executives and executive orders.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 11:44:59 PM »
Stfu..like you cannot do religion and help out too!!
Have you seen what she has accomplished with table banking. Helping women out of poverty and empowering them to educate their kids.

Kenya is one hell for the poor. a very bad place to live. ruto wife needs to drop her religiosity foolishness and start working on welfare programs to cater for these people

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 11:49:53 PM »
table banking is shylock business. a bad model. utoto

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 11:53:18 PM »
My fren that's what this election was all about bottoms up..lifting poor kenyans out of biting poverty. 1. Family planning would help alot. I would say one child policy for like 15yrs.
2. Huge investment on education and health care i.e coding
3. Hasora fund, youth fund and women's fund
4. Huge investment on manufacturing and labor intensive infrastructure construction.
5. Agriculture. Heavy investment on large scale farming.

Tonnes of possibilities in kenya. Kenya is still a Virgin frontier.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 11:54:55 PM »
What would you suggest????

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2022, 12:03:47 AM »

I am not an economist or development economist. he needs to use one to help him plan and execute poverty alleviation measures

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2022, 12:14:43 AM »
We are talking about Rachel here not Ruto....I think she should stick to women and youth empowerment. Don't tie yourself down to single narrow issue like Margret kenyatta with mobile clinic BS instead of going out there in the world talking to women head honchos in health care industries and insurance companies and bringing them to invest in kenya. Lobby governors, whoever is willing to offer county land let them build hospitals. Incremental positive changes...

I am not an economist or development economist. he needs to use one to help him plan and execute poverty alleviation measures