Author Topic: Raila given the server  (Read 3435 times)

Offline bryan274

• VIP
  • Superstar
Re: Raila given the server
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2022, 09:36:50 AM »
I read somewhere that Kiems kit emulated blockchain that is used by Bitcoin. In that both are designed to be irreversible and once recorded, the data in any given block cannot be altered retroactively without altering all subsequent blocks and the consensus of the network.

Oh really?  I'll take that with a large dollop of salt thanks.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2022, 08:33:58 PM »
I read somewhere that Kiems kit emulated blockchain that is used by Bitcoin. In that both are designed to be irreversible and once recorded, the data in any given block cannot be altered retroactively without altering all subsequent blocks and the consensus of the network.

This is hot air smoking in the heads of some of the people.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline High Roller

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2022, 09:13:50 PM »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rufaskamau/2022/08/11/bitcoin-blockchain-inspires-kenyan-electoral-board-to-implement-a-transparent-voting-system/?sh=1280005a7eb3

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2022, 09:25:14 PM »
Tech wise having tried myself to deploy tech in rural Kenya..iebc n smartmatic deserve lots kudos.Incredible work done.Mindblowing even. To pull what they did in entire country is incredible .....zero downtime..zero successful hacks.. incredible...well designed well architectured.Mike Ouma deserve highest professional honors

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2022, 10:19:19 PM »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rufaskamau/2022/08/11/bitcoin-blockchain-inspires-kenyan-electoral-board-to-implement-a-transparent-voting-system/?sh=1280005a7eb3

If this is what you read it is understandable. This is speculative writing that give no technical detail of the kind someone ask for. Submissions suggest servers were accessed and changes made. Nothing like blockchain.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2022, 12:47:01 AM »

Then it should even be easier and more reassuring to establish whether KIEMs transmitted data was interfered with or not.  But you can only do that if given access to the files on KIEMs kits.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline High Roller

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2022, 08:46:27 AM »

Then it should even be easier and more reassuring to establish whether KIEMs transmitted data was interfered with or not.  But you can only do that if given access to the files on KIEMs kits.

It isn't as easy as you make it seem. If there is clear evidence of voter fraud, hacking or tampering with voting machines, azimio needs to hire an accredited voting system testing lab to do a forensic audit of KIEB kits to make sure there was no vote manipulation, external or backdoor access or any other hackable workaround.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2022, 08:55:34 AM »
Kenya election is manual. We are not at that stage of voting machines. There are just certain aspect where tech is used...mainly biometric identification and provisional results transmission. The rest is millions of papers...in ballots and forms...that have to be physically taken all over.
It isn't as easy as you make it seem. If there is clear evidence of voter fraud, hacking or tampering with voting machines, azimio needs to hire an accredited voting system testing lab to do a forensic audit of KIEB kits to make sure there was no vote manipulation, external or backdoor access or any other hackable workaround.

Offline bryan274

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2022, 01:41:28 PM »

This was written by Itumbi.  Filed in the bin. 

Offline bryan274

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2022, 01:43:07 PM »

They hacked the election and now pretending that the election was blockchain based and therefore unhackable.  One of the Learned folks even claimed it was military grade.  Jokes.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2022, 02:52:35 PM »

They hacked the election and now pretending that the election was blockchain based and therefore unhackable.  One of the Learned folks even claimed it was military grade.  Jokes.

Lots of yuuge words.  I also heard military grade was used.  Big bigly words.  Alongside bigly attempts to make sure they are not put to the demonstration.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman