Author Topic: Being a woman in leadership of IEBC should be considered the worst career move  (Read 470 times)

Offline Stockguru

• Mega superstar
That Cherere woman is no getting insulted all over with people claiming she is Joho's girlfriend

It is sad if this woman is actually someone decent and may even be married

Our society really despises women.

I haven't seen even one person try to give this woman the benefit of doubt

She may be misguided in her stand today but she should be given a chance to be heard

Akombe and other 3 women suffered similar fate in 2016/17. Akombe got so scared she bolted away

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Such women disgrace fellow women - instead of proving strong, brave and capable.
They rollback gains women have made.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma

Akombe and other 3 women suffered similar fate in 2016/17. Akombe got so scared she bolted away

100%, Stockguru. The contempt for women can also be seen in how women wrong-doers at the Judiciary have been treated vis-a-vis their male counterparts. The first Deputy of the SCORK, even Shollei. Not saying it wasn't bad what they did; just that there's a stark contrast with how males are treated when found with dirt or other misbehavior.

Another thing, as bad as this is, it's ten times worse when the woman is unmarried/childless. She's almost not a person anymore. Even by their own families of origin. It's really bad. There's nothing like this in the west. At least, it's not as bad.

Another: I've always noticed how men talk about women they consider unattractive. It's not just a description of their perefences. Honestly, it's almost dehumanizing. It's like some men can't see an "ugly" woman (in their eyes) as a complete human being first.

Btw, I'm no feminist. Certainly not of the third-wave variety I consider anti-human, anyway.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma

100%, Stockguru. The contempt for women can also be seen in how women wrong-doers at the Judiciary have been treated vis-a-vis their male counterparts. The first Deputy of the SCORK, even Shollei. Not saying it wasn't bad what they did; just that there's a stark contrast with how males are treated when found with dirt or other misbehavior.

Another thing, as bad as this is, it's ten times worse when the woman is unmarried/childless. She's almost not a person anymore. Even by their own families of origin. It's really bad. There's nothing like this in the west. At least, it's not as bad.

Another: I've always noticed how men talk about women they consider unattractive. It's not just a description of their perefences. Honestly, it's almost dehumanizing. It's like some men can't see an "ugly" woman (in their eyes) as a complete human being first.

Btw, I'm no feminist. Certainly not of the third-wave variety I consider anti-human, anyway.

it is really sad. the way we treat women says a lot about us as a people. this week has been hard on me. I just learnt that my childhood friend dad used to physically assualt them as kids even when her mum had a wound and was dying from cancer, the monster would beat the mum up and  kids every time he got drunk. my friend had 7 surgeries 5 years after her mum died because she developed very bad ulcers. I tried to help her but she wouldn't allow me to airlift her out of kenya.

in my village 3 women I know were killed by domestic abusers. the abuse is not widely known because those that were supposed fo protect these women did nothing.

the attitude towards the women iebc commissioners have really opened my eyes on how in public office women are treated like shit.

no man on this board would love women he loves to be called all manner of names for taking a stand on principle even if the stand is misguided

we need to embrace our women. protect them and love them more

I am sorry for having been an arse to women

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma

the attitude towards the women iebc commissioners have really opened my eyes on how in public office women are treated like shit.

no man on this board would love women he loves to be called all manner of names for taking a stand on principle even if the stand is misguided

She mistook 0.01 (which is 1 out of 100 or 1%) with 0.01% (which is 0.01 out of 100 or 1% of 1%, which in decimal should be 0.0001). Or one of her math people made that mistake and she didn't notice because she also mixed up 0.01 with 0.01%. She should've been more careful, given her position and the public statement and deserves some of the backlash she's gotten, but I agree with you that its likely gone overboard (haven't been looking at it on social media, tbh) given, well, yanno, Kenyans. I am able to empathize with her because frankly I did confuse 0.01 with 0.01% at first, as well, be4 I noticed the numbers didn't make sense.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
if you do not work with numbers daily like I do a mistake like tur one she made is easy to make. whoever drafted her statement didn't do her justice.

Offline patel

• Enigma
High stakes game you have to bring your A game. These fuckers almost threw the country into a crisis due to their 'opaque reasoning. Chebukati told them time and again the results were on form 34A and all they were doing in Bomas is to verify and 2nd grade math additions...instead they waited until last minute with some hidden agenda. They deserve everything coming their way. Na bado they will be fired and sued. Am surprised charges have not been filed for those who caused violence at Bomas and destroyed property..

Offline High Roller

it is really sad. the way we treat women says a lot about us as a people. this week has been hard on me. I just learnt that my childhood friend dad used to physically assualt them as kids even when her mum had a wound and was dying from cancer, the monster would beat the mum up and  kids every time he got drunk. my friend had 7 surgeries 5 years after her mum died because she developed very bad ulcers. I tried to help her but she wouldn't allow me to airlift her out of kenya.

in my village 3 women I know were killed by domestic abusers. the abuse is not widely known because those that were supposed fo protect these women did nothing.

we need to embrace our women. protect them and love them more

I am sorry for having been an arse to women

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
you case is similar to my neighbor abuse. in hid case he was a very successful business mam controlling Bata distribution system and store in rift Valley. he would buy the kids the most expensive toys after abusing them. my buddy would get an allowance for lunch of 200 shs that was in the 80s so lunch was about 4 shs. we would spend this money on silly stuff. when my buddy became a teenager he realized what his dad was doing and he started to fight back. after he graduated college there were two fights where he almost killed his dad. his dad being a narcissist now would use his wealth as a way to control my buddy. my buddy to deal with trauma turned into alcohol and he is in really bad shape last I saw him he shakes like a leaf. his dad is still abusing the family even at 80s. I have a plan to get the sister to go public soon about her being abused by him. she is think over my proposal. I want this man in jail or dead. fuck him