Author Topic: UK Prosecutors Go After Their Corrupt Companies  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
UK Prosecutors Go After Their Corrupt Companies
« on: November 18, 2014, 01:27:30 AM »

The bazungu are coming down hard on their rotten ones.  In the process soiling the names of a few safi kama pamba leaders from the Kenyan side.

It would appear that among those who will rather not eat grass.  Gladys Boss Shollei.  A certain Mr. Oswago.  The gentleman Davis Chirchir....

Someone might want to alert the Kenyan CID.  Or the DPP.  Or is it EACC?

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/UK-court-exposes-bribery-ring-in-Kenya-poll-agency/-/539546/2525946/-/item/0/-/q0cx3w/-/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: UK Prosecutors Go After Their Corrupt Companies
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 07:54:46 AM »
Kudos to UK gov. This is 3rd unearthing of mega scandals by kenya fatcats. KPLC (Gichuru-Okemo), CMC(Landrover bribes), and now whole IEBC(and it's predecessors). The swiss are also helping unearth Angloleasing.

That is the good news. Developed countries including US and EU can put a stop to this kind of graft..of course the kenya fat-cats will then prefer Indians,Chinese and south Africans.

The bad news EACC,DPP and our courts will do nothing.

At the very least Chirchir and Isaac should resign from gov until this issue is cleared.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 04:56:49 PM »
Kudos to UK gov. This is 3rd unearthing of mega scandals by kenya fatcats. KPLC (Gichuru-Okemo), CMC(Landrover bribes), and now whole IEBC(and it's predecessors). The swiss are also helping unearth Angloleasing.

That is the good news. Developed countries including US and EU can put a stop to this kind of graft..of course the kenya fat-cats will then prefer Indians,Chinese and south Africans.

At the very least Chirchir and Isaac should resign from gov until this issue is cleared.

Not quite.   What needs to change are the people of Kenya, and no other country can do what is required for that.   Okemo and Gichuru are still enjoying like in Kenya, and I bet absolutely nothing serious will happen to Chirchir and Isaac.   They have probably eaten bigger amounts in other projects and with bigger people, and nobody will put them in a position where they might start talking too much.   

This is Kenya.   Accept and move on.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »

Not quite.   What needs to change are the people of Kenya, and no other country can do what is required for that.   Okemo and Gichuru are still enjoying like in Kenya, and I bet absolutely nothing serious will happen to Chirchir and Isaac.   They have probably eaten bigger amounts in other projects and with bigger people, and nobody will put them in a position where they might start talking too much.   

This is Kenya.   Accept and move on.
I hate to agree with your views.  But I have to.  There is no amount of shaming that can happen to change this behavior.  You cannot shame a Kenyan leader into doing the right thing.  Coercion is the only language they know.

Integrity is an alien concept in Kenya.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 11:01:01 PM »
How shameless are these Kenyan officials implicated in chicken gate. Those wazungus who enable these kinds of corruption to continue unabated are partly the reason African leaders are so brave in their thievery. This might be a case of too little too late. CORD has responded below:

1. The immediate resignation of all the officers and former officers mentioned in this scandal, their immediate arrest and their immediate prosecution. The acountability must begin at the top with the arrest and prosecution of Mr Chirchir and Mr Hassan.
2. We demand the investigation and audit of all the commissioners and principal officers of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission. Such investigation must also be extended to the all those who worked with this commission but who have since been deployed elsewhere or sacked.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 01:40:56 AM »

How shameless are these Kenyan officials implicated in chicken gate. Those wazungus who enable these kinds of corruption to continue unabated are partly the reason African leaders are so brave in their thievery. This might be a case of too little too late. CORD has responded below:

1. The immediate resignation of all the officers and former officers mentioned in this scandal, their immediate arrest and their immediate prosecution. The acountability must begin at the top with the arrest and prosecution of Mr Chirchir and Mr Hassan.
2. We demand the investigation and audit of all the commissioners and principal officers of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission. Such investigation must also be extended to the all those who worked with this commission but who have since been deployed elsewhere or sacked.

mya88,

CORD has zero credibility on the question of corruption.  There is no moral leg to stand on.  They have no interest in fixing the mess.  For them it is just politics.

It looks like the examiners were not to be left behind.  The amounts involved are peanuts.  But when you consider this is just a tip of the iceberg.  Maybe not entirely harmless.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Knec-Tender-Corruption-Smith-Ozman/-/1056/2527300/-/7s0ckhz/-/index.html

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 08:21:11 AM »
This is the kind of graft that goes on in 99% of public and private sector in kenya. EACC though are unable to nail any corruption in kenya. Kudos to Serios Fraud Office of the UK. This are rare times that UK have done the right thing. For many yrs they've looked the other side as their companies corruptly win tenders...despite being some of more expensive bidders.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 09:01:11 PM »
I see nothing blocking Tobiko from seeking the extradition of the said wazungus. The problem as always is the unwillingness of the state of Kenya or its servants to prosecute crimes involving lots of money or moneyed people for that matter.

It is not the first time that SFO has caught the corrupt. In 2009 the caught the Anglo Leasing gang in London and were ready to act. GoK refused to provide crucial information. They let them go.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread