Author Topic: Veritas - Stated and unstated rules  (Read 13118 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Veritas - Stated and unstated rules
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 06:43:08 PM »

Intelligence as a human trait is on the decline just as human immunity. We are getting dumber.

IQ measures intelligence, the rest are largely political correctness. You don't want to admit you are measuring intelligence and then conclude one group is less inteligent. What I doubt is the accuracy of the tool as a measure of intelligence
Your point assumes that IQ is a measure of intelligence.  And that intelligence is a good thing to evolve. 

There is a good deal of debate on what IQ really measures.  I am increasingly leaning to the view that it is a measure of how well adjusted one is to live in a certain type of society.  In this case a modern western society.  And it has been increasing significantly.

It can be a measure of intelligence, within the same culture.  But it cannot be used across different types of societies.  In other words a bazungu with IQ of 63 is truly a moron.  But one would be hard pressed to conclude the same after holding a conversation with a Bushman of the same IQ.
There is no PC.  I have no problem if certain groups are generally thick.  In fact I have suggested it before.

Bushmen and pygmies are supposed to be retarded going by those IQ scores.  But I have seen no evidence for that when I look at other factors outside of IQ scores.

That's why I think it measures something other than innate intelligence.  The average Bushman, who spends his life tracking his prey using pretty sophisticated cues is not a retard.

Another way to look at it.  Raise your bazungu 63 IQ point retard among Bushmen and chances are he will still end up a retard by their standards.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman