Author Topic: Veritas - Stated and unstated rules  (Read 13117 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Veritas - Stated and unstated rules
« on: November 17, 2014, 02:04:59 PM »
I like the idea that we have standards of conduct and call them as such rather than "rules." Even though the standards have not been posted (Veritas you need to post them quick!), we know they exist and as a matter of public concern, they are enforceable. One of the moderators has abused the standards and I have publicly upbraided him.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
Re: Veritas - Stated and unstated rules
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 04:03:24 PM »
DB, what exactly are you talking about??????? What matter of public concern?
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 04:07:46 PM »
Violation of rules is a matter of public concern. This is what Veritas wrote on September 14.

5. Unfortunately rules are needed. Not just to deter inappropriate conduct but to ensure our reputation remains appealing for all members, potential members, sponsors and the likes. However, I don't believe in lots of restrictions. Parkerpen, the brainchild behind 'Council of the Spear' has kindly offered to espouse a set of rules. Hopefully over the coming weeks, we will define more finite these sets of rules so to protect the discussion flow and not become too overbearing.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 04:26:36 PM »
Nuff Sed
You need to demonstrate violation of any rule real or imagined and not just sit there and hope everyone shares your concern.
How does an SDA mod delete an anti-SDA post? Conflict of interest. Gather a few Adventists who believe White was some prophet or messenger and may be you can garner some clout to advance your gagging campaign
Violation of rules is a matter of public concern. This is what Veritas wrote on September 14.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 04:49:47 PM »
First, I'm dAILY bREAD. Address me as such.
Your posts were not anti-SDA as they were about abusing Ellen G. White. You cannot justify the use of expletives by hiding under the banner of being "anti-SDA" (whatever that is).
Some posters on the 'Controversial' forum disagree with your religious views. Some have told you to your face. However, there is the big difference. You were here to defend yourself. Ellen G White has no such opportunity.
You can disagree with me (and you may even call me names like you have), but it becomes another matter if you throw expletives at those who are not here to defend themselves. Calling Ellen G. White a "loony" and "moronic" in an attempt to deflect debate from Myles Munroe's doctrines is unbecoming of a moderator like you. You can disagree with me on this without abusing Ellen G. White or SDA. Ad hominem does not a debate make.
Notice that although Bittertruth and I disagree with Myles Munroe's theology, we have not used expletives to describe him.
As a moderator, you owe it to the forum to show respect even if you don't agree with my religious views.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 05:03:11 PM »
Your posts were not anti-SDA as they were about abusing Ellen G. White. You cannot justify the use of expletives by hiding under the banner of being "anti-SDA" (whatever that is).
Some posters on the 'Controversial' forum disagree with your religious views. Some have told you to your face. However, there is the big difference. You were here to defend yourself. Ellen G White has no such opportunity.
You can disagree with me (and you may even call me names like you have), but it becomes another matter if you throw expletives at those who are not here to defend themselves. Calling Ellen G. White a "loony" and "moronic" in an attempt to deflect debate from Myles Munroe's doctrines is unbecoming of a moderator like you. You can disagree with me on this without abusing Ellen G. White or SDA. Ad hominem does not a debate make.
Notice that although Bittertruth and I disagree with Myles Munroe's theology, we have not used expletives to describe him.
As a moderator, you owe it to the forum to show respect even if you don't agree with my religious views.

DB, So are you now a spokes person of Ellen G white? You are being ridiculous. Jesus Christ is the son of God, he has been abused world over...do you suppose we Christians should be disparaging those who disagree and start banning them from forums where we visit. Try and keep these things in perspective or else you run a risk of being just another cult member who disagrees with everyone else. Use your knowledge to teach not punish or gag those who are in disagreement with you.

For all I know Ellen G. White could be all those things vooke called her, I really couldnt care less....Munroe could also have been just another prosperity preacher who was out to mint money from his flock like vooke who may, or may not, have been too dumb to read between the liness...I dont know that nor do I care.

And another thing, vooke made those allegations about a month ago...did it just occur to you now that they were unacceptable?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 05:09:59 PM »
Nuff Sed,

I will justify EVERY word I have used against Ellen G White.

Tell me when you are ready.
Next, why would you stoop so low as to censure my posts by deleting them? This is not your SDA coven where you defrock or excommunicate erring members. if your faith in that mad thing is so fickle as to withstand scrutiny, that's your business for all I care.

You need to grow up fast or ship out and stick to conformist SDA forums where you plagiarized canned sermons before I cornered you
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 05:16:02 PM »
mya88,
You need to acquaint yourself with SDA theology to see their self-righteousness and the despicable words their goddess whom they deem prophet used against everyone who was not following her. For one she thinks you have the mark 666 because you don't go to church on Saturday

Nuff Sed is just being emotional because the boot is on the other foot. She has added NOTHING to SDA heresies and lies so I don't get where she is coming from. As if it is not enough to watch God strike me dead over my words, she has gone ahead and deleted my posts. My thoughts!

DB, So are you now a spokes person of Ellen G white? You are being ridiculous. Jesus Christ is the son of God, he has been abused world over...do you suppose we Christians should be disparaging those who disagree and start banning them from forums where we visit. Try and keep these things in perspective or else you run a risk of being just another cult member who disagrees with everyone else. Use your knowledge to teach not punish those who are in disagreement with you.

For all I know Ellen G. White could be all those things vooke called her, I really couldnt care less....Munroe could also have been just another prosperity preacher who was out to mint money from his flock like vooke who may or may have not been too dumb to read between the liness...I dont know that nor do I care.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 05:21:08 PM »
mya88,
You need to acquaint yourself with SDA theology to see their self-righteousness and the despicable words their goddess whom they deem prophet used against everyone who was not following her. For one she thinks you have the mark 666 because you don't go to church on Saturday

Nuff Sed is just being emotional because the boot is on the other foot. She has added NOTHING to SDA heresies and lies so I don't get where she is coming from. As if it is not enough to watch God strike me dead over my words, she has gone ahead and deleted my posts. My thoughts!

DB, So are you now a spokes person of Ellen G white? You are being ridiculous. Jesus Christ is the son of God, he has been abused world over...do you suppose we Christians should be disparaging those who disagree and start banning them from forums where we visit. Try and keep these things in perspective or else you run a risk of being just another cult member who disagrees with everyone else. Use your knowledge to teach not punish those who are in disagreement with you.

For all I know Ellen G. White could be all those things vooke called her, I really couldnt care less....Munroe could also have been just another prosperity preacher who was out to mint money from his flock like vooke who may or may have not been too dumb to read between the liness...I dont know that nor do I care.
I am not familiar with SDA doctrines...when I get time I will try. Question is, you made these allegations about a month ago...did it just occur to DB that they were unacceptable on such a forum? I am oppossed to any form of gagging. Lets discus issues so we can get some clarity. Knowledge isnt absolute....

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 05:48:39 PM »
Let me give you the short version.
in the early 19th century, Some American evangelists mainly Miller came up with some calculations to the point that the world would end in 1844.
When it failed, Miller recanted his folly. Ellen White persisted in the same and argued than in the same year, something happened only in heaven.

She is the founder of SDA movement. TO be SDA, you have to confess to her being a TRUE PROPHET. She wrote a lot of garbage which is greatly revered by SDAs to date. Nuff Sed beef is that I not only regard her as a false prophet, I call her deranged. Some of her statements only make sense if you regard her that way. She had a serious head injury at an early age and her visions started right after that. They have failed spectacularly.

You can see they regard her as a prophet alongside Moses,John the baptist, Deborah (first woman Judge). So we had the Old Testament Prophets ending with John the Baptist, the mighty apostles who gave us new Testament and then for 1800 years God was silent UNTIL Ellen White stepped up  :lolz: :lolz: :roll:

You can study more about Ellen Gould White from here
http://truthorfables.com/index.html
or
http://www.ellenwhiteexposed.com/

And then aks Nuff Sed to give yopu her White(pun)-washed version of history

I am not familiar with SDA doctrines...when I get time I will try. Question is, you made these allegations about a month ago...did it just occur to DB that they were unacceptable on such a forum? I am oppossed to any form of gagging. Lets discus issues so we can get some clarity. Knowledge isnt absolute....

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 06:32:16 PM »
vooke,

DB is not Nuff Sed. 

If Kanyari is a prophet, why not Ellen G White?

What's the criteria?  That prophets have to satisfy vooke's personal views?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 06:43:47 PM »
Termie,

If Nuff Sed /Daily Bread can publicly confess to not being the other, I will drop the charges

vooke is not vetting prophets, just  that to me, they are not above reproach and their reproach is not to be taken personal. Otherwise I would have hired a sniper to take you out for suggesting that Christianity is declining in the West because it has increasingly little to offer unlike in Africa where negroes owe everything to it

vooke,

DB is not Nuff Sed. 

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 07:02:18 PM »
Termie,

If Nuff Sed /Daily Bread can publicly confess to not being the other, I will drop the charges

vooke is not vetting prophets, just  that to me, they are not above reproach and their reproach is not to be taken personal. Otherwise I would have hired a sniper to take you out for suggesting that Christianity is declining in the West because it has increasingly little to offer unlike in Africa where negroes owe everything to it

vooke,

DB is not Nuff Sed. 

It's not a mere suggestion.  It's really a fact.  That is not to say Christianity is right or wrong.  People just happen to know where their bread is buttered.

It's the same reason you find that higher IQ correlates with lack of religiosity in the west even as it strongly correlates with Christianity in Africa. 

The Negro who has embraced Christianity tends to be the same one who benefited from missionary schools in his location.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 07:08:06 PM »
Correlations are not necessarily causation.
Why do high IQ,if at all, shun Christianity?
It's not a mere suggestion.  It's really a fact.  That is not to say Christianity is right or wrong.  People just happen to know where their bread is buttered.

It's the same reason you find that higher IQ correlates with lack of religiosity in the west even as it strongly correlates with Christianity in Africa. 

The Negro who has embraced Christianity tends to be the same one who benefited from missionary schools in his location.

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 07:12:26 PM »
Correlations are not necessarily causation.
Why do high IQ,if at all, shun Christianity?

I agree.  But I think it is in this case.  Whatever it is that IQ measures, also makes people less likely to be religious in the west but not in Africa.

In Africa, the animists tend to miss out on the things that improve behaviors and habits that lead to higher IQ scores. 

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 07:29:39 PM »
For one higher IQ has better chances at education system.
The system for the last 200 years has been rigged with secular-humanism following Darwin explaining God away. The force with which Darwinism is shoved down your throat as you rise in the academics increases exponentially. That is a factor.

Note Western world was once very Christian. Don't tell me their IQ suddenly shot and that's why they are abandoning faith and are technically Post-Christian

I agree.  But I think it is in this case.  Whatever it is that IQ measures, also makes people less likely to be religious in the west but not in Africa.

In Africa, the animists tend to miss out on the things that improve behaviors and habits that lead to higher IQ scores. 

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 07:40:32 PM »
For one higher IQ has better chances at education system.
The system for the last 200 years has been rigged with secular-humanism following Darwin explaining God away. The force with which Darwinism is shoved down your throat as you rise in the academics increases exponentially. That is a factor.

Note Western world was once very Christian. Don't tell me their IQ suddenly shot and that's why they are abandoning faith and are technically Post-Christian

You are saying there is a correlation between Darwinism and lack of religiosity.  There might be some truth.  But that is likely because Darwinian views also strongly correlate to high IQ.

IQ has dramatically increased in the West over the past few generations.  Read the Flynn effect.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 07:53:59 PM »
Don't buy into that nutrition+health +mental exercise/education= higher IQ score.

I think what those three do is to allow maximum human potential to be approached but they don't increase the potential.

Human beings are like other organisms accumulating more and more harmful mutations and I think we are tending to less intelligence not more as such. Look at the human body and the many killer diseases coming out of mutations for instance. WHy should our brains pull in the opposite direction?

IQ has dramatically increased in the West over the past few generations.  Read the Flynn effect.

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 08:12:19 PM »
Don't buy into that nutrition+health +mental exercise/education= higher IQ score.

I think what those three do is to allow maximum human potential to be approached but they don't increase the potential.

Human beings are like other organisms accumulating more and more harmful mutations and I think we are tending to less intelligence not more as such. Look at the human body and the many killer diseases coming out of mutations for instance. WHy should our brains pull in the opposite direction?

Your point assumes that IQ is a measure of intelligence.  And that intelligence is a good thing to evolve. 

There is a good deal of debate on what IQ really measures.  I am increasingly leaning to the view that it is a measure of how well adjusted one is to live in a certain type of society.  In this case a modern western society.  And it has been increasing significantly.

It can be a measure of intelligence, within the same culture.  But it cannot be used across different types of societies.  In other words a bazungu with IQ of 63 is truly a moron.  But one would be hard pressed to conclude the same after holding a conversation with a Bushman of the same IQ.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 10:07:06 PM »

Intelligence as a human trait is on the decline just as human immunity. We are getting dumber.

IQ measures intelligence, the rest are largely political correctness. You don't want to admit you are measuring intelligence and then conclude one group is less inteligent. What I doubt is the accuracy of the tool as a measure of intelligence
Your point assumes that IQ is a measure of intelligence.  And that intelligence is a good thing to evolve. 

There is a good deal of debate on what IQ really measures.  I am increasingly leaning to the view that it is a measure of how well adjusted one is to live in a certain type of society.  In this case a modern western society.  And it has been increasing significantly.

It can be a measure of intelligence, within the same culture.  But it cannot be used across different types of societies.  In other words a bazungu with IQ of 63 is truly a moron.  But one would be hard pressed to conclude the same after holding a conversation with a Bushman of the same IQ.