Author Topic: Kenyan Bloggers Need to Remember Sang Landing @ the ICC from a Mere Radio Show!  (Read 365 times)

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Remember this guy?

The irresponsibility of Kenyan bloggers is crazy! They have the power of media without ANY of the checks/balances/regulations that apply to media.

Methinks once influencers reach a certain level of influence (no. of followers) some sort of regulation needs to apply to them, differently than those applying to regular social media users. It may not be as strict as the rules that apply to traditional media but there needs to be something in between that and the total (almost) freedom regular users have.

I've always been a free-speech absolutist when it comes to social media but KENYANS have opened me up to a whole other perspective on this question. So I've "re-balanced" my stance to: Total freedom for the "regular user" and some decent regulation for influencers.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Agreed.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
IEBC created a Vacuum . Hence bloggers as the rest of Kenyans with anxiety think they can feel it using Inuendos and Propaganda.
As long as it does not border incitement , hate speech ot call to violence. Let them be . Some like Pauline , Alai and Mutai are paid to peddle lies. They are at work.
Unlike Alai and Mutai who somwhow transitioned to proper politics and will benefit from 2022 elections . The likes of Pauline .Its survival for her . She will lose her Government Job.
Bottom line is use blogging to take you to the next level like Alai and Itumbi . You cant be an influencer for 10 years +.
Dear Mami you used to drop gems in Ukraine thread . Now ni makasiriko tu.
There is no difference between Biden Vs Trump 2020 and this Ruto vs Raila. Enjoy the moment .....
Remember this guy?

The irresponsibility of Kenyan bloggers is crazy! They have the power of media without ANY of the checks/balances/regulations that apply to media. Methinks once influencers reach a certain level of influence (no. of flowers) some sort of regulation needs to apply to them, differently than those applying to regular social media users. It may not be as strict as the rules that apply to traditional media but there needs to be something in between that and the total (almost) freedom regular users have. I've always been a free-speech absolutist when it comes to social media but KENYANS have opened me up to a whole other perspective on this question and I've "re-balanced" my stance to: Total freedom for the "regular user" and some decent regulation for influencers.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
There is no difference between Biden Vs Trump 2020 and this Ruto vs Raila. Enjoy the moment .....

Ai! :D Makasiriko tena? Hapo you have serriously misread my mood. Jana when I snapped at you I was irritable but hii hapa umenoa :D This is me switching to my usual debate of issues: I'm constantly pointing things out in governance and suggesting what I think will resolve them. Just two days ago I was discussing CDF. Hakukuwa na makasiriko hapo na hakuna hapa. :) But it's good for me to admit I'm usuallt very irked by wilful lying, especially about serious and potentially volatile matters. So I think the level of recklessness in our political blogosphere needs some kind of guidance.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Alright. You have a point. Example was Trump when he reached a certain level of misusing social media then they punished him.
Now well respected Azumio leaders are claming same things as 2012,2017

So you wonder whose stronghold was Makueni ?

Ai! :D Makasiriko tena? Hapo you have serriously misread my mood. Jana when I snapped at you I was irritable but hii hapa umenoa :D This is me switching to my usual debate of i