Author Topic: Exercising moderator powers  (Read 9152 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Exercising moderator powers
« on: November 17, 2014, 12:38:03 PM »
Hitherto I have not exercised moderator powers on this forum (at least the powers to remove posts that do not comply with the forum rules). I have today removed two posts from Vooke on this thread.
http://www.nipate.org/index.php?topic=1301.0
The first referred to Ellen G. White as a "loony". Unprovoked, unsubstantiated. The second referred to the same Ellen G. White as "moronic".
Three things:
1. This is a religion forum. All posters must respect other people's religious views even if they don't agree. Calling other religious leaders "loony"  and "moronic" without substantiation falls below the standards set for this religious forum and robs others of the right to hold their own religious views and opinions.
2. A poster who holds the revered title of "moderator" and depicts himself/herself as a pastor owes it to the cause of religion to live a life consistent with that title. If necessary (and I deem it necessary in this instance) other moderators owe that poster the duty of projecting the self-professed image.
3. This specific poster/moderator "Vooke" has been warned against disparaging other people's religious views and opinions without provocation, or the epithets persisting, without substantiation. The warnings have clearly not been heeded.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Exercising moderator powers
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 01:13:59 PM »
This is ABUSE of moderatorship to gag contrary views.
How many anti-Christian views have we had here?
Evidently you belong to a cult
You who won't hesitate to call Catholics the Beast. This is childish and uncalled for. You do not own SDA, you subscribe to their beliefs and you have never contributed zilch to SDA doctrines. As such attacks on SDA are not attacks on you and you would do better to keep off

if you don't want your kids hearing nasty stuff about White, gag them but not here
Hitherto I have not exercised moderator powers on this forum (at least the powers to remove posts that do not comply with the forum rules). I have today removed two posts from Vooke on this thread.
http://www.nipate.org/index.php?topic=1301.0
The first referred to Ellen G. White as a "loony". Unprovoked, unsubstantiated. The second referred to the same Ellen G. White as "moronic".
Three things:
1. This is a religion forum. All posters must respect other people's religious views even if they don't agree. Calling other religious leaders "loony"  and "moronic" without substantiation falls below the standards set for this religious forum and robs others of the right to hold their own religious views and opinions.
2. A poster who holds the revered title of "moderator" and depicts himself/herself as a pastor owes it to the cause of religion to live a life consistent with that title. If necessary (and I deem it necessary in this instance) other moderators owe that poster the duty of projecting the self-professed image.
3. This specific poster/moderator "Vooke" has been warned against disparaging other people's religious views and opinions without provocation, or the epithets persisting, without substantiation. The warnings have clearly not been heeded.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.