Author Topic: What happened to KAMATUSA? Maybe Ruto needs to revive it  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
What happened to KAMATUSA? Maybe Ruto needs to revive it
« on: July 23, 2022, 08:33:38 AM »
... of course It was a Mois creation to try and balance power from GEMA but was due to fail miserably,it was a source of ridicule and bemusement to mlima people and Kenyans at large.
Because of many reasons I would think the following were main failures

1. The groups had nothing in common apart from being Nilotes,this was akin trying to uniting bantu communities in Kenya

2. Lack of any meaningful financial and academic muscle. I would think this finally sunk the boat

A group like GEMA has many cohesive things that makes it a solid block, to be able to maintain a tribal block with so many wide ranging interests is not easy tahts why GEMA will be the only tribal block in Kenya for ages.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: What happened to KAMATUSA? Maybe Ruto needs to revive it
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 08:40:00 AM »
It's was Biwott idea.It died when Moi overlooked Saitoti for Uhuru.The Maasai led by Ntimama saw that as betrayal.If Moi had stuck to plan Saitoti would have handed it back to Kalenjin.Kamatusa are what Uganda refer to as nilohamtic as opposed to pure nilotes.They are genetical and culturally mixed with Cushites.When provinces were be formed they placed in Riftvalley.Moi saw Kamatusa and Saitoti as Biwott project to rule and he started entertaining the idea of Gideon ruling through Uhuru instead....

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 09:29:17 AM »
It's was Biwott idea.It died when Moi overlooked Saitoti for Uhuru.The Maasai led by Ntimama saw that as betrayal.If Moi had stuck to plan Saitoti would have handed it back to Kalenjin.Kamatusa are what Uganda refer to as nilohamtic as opposed to pure nilotes.They are genetical and culturally mixed with Cushites.When provinces were be formed they placed in Riftvalley.Moi saw Kamatusa and Saitoti as Biwott project to rule and he started entertaining the idea of Gideon ruling through Uhuru instead....
Exactly, you are a historical and political genius ndugu. That was what was in the newspapers in the 90s!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 10:32:59 AM »
So basically it was built on quicksand it wasn't tangible at all. Then it can't be resuscitated,  To build a bloc you have to have more than 1 thing in common,if it was just a political bloc then it won't have lasted

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 10:37:09 AM »
So basically it was built on quicksand it wasn't tangible at all. Then it can't be resuscitated,  To build a bloc you have to have more than 1 thing in common,if it was just a political bloc then it won't have lasted
of course it was short term polliance... kalenjin language is totally

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 10:37:55 AM »
Maasai,Turkana,Iteso n Samburu languages are very close.. kalenjin is totally different.The only thing we share with Maasai is the love of cattle.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2022, 10:53:06 AM »
Maasai,Turkana,Iteso n Samburu languages are very close.. kalenjin is totally different.The only thing we share with Maasai is the love of cattle.
Can a Turkana understand some masaai or vice versa?  What  language is close to kalenjin in Kenya

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2022, 11:01:55 AM »
Can a Turkana understand some masaai or vice versa?  What  language is close to kalenjin in Kenya
Yes Maasai, Iteso n Turkana can understand each other easily.Luos,Acholi,Dinkas and many south Sudan can understand each other.Kalenjin is totally different from other Nilotic language.. only Tanzania Datoga is close.Kalenjin language has lots of cushitic influence

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2022, 11:02:19 AM »
Pundit is a great historian with spark memory.

Why was Moi opposed or apathetic to Biwott ambition. I mean the man stood by Moi for years why sabotage him after his own 24 years?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2022, 11:07:48 AM »
Pundit is a great historian with spark memory.

Why was Moi opposed or apathetic to Biwott ambition. I mean the man stood by Moi for years why sabotage him after his own 24 years?
Ruto.Ruto used Gideon Moi to block Biwott from statehouse under guise mzee was old and now statehouse comptroller needed permission from Gideon to approve anybody seeing Moi.The beef started when Gideon n Philip told moi both kulei and Biwott had been lying to him...and we're richer than him.Biwott was moi official PA and Kulei personal PA since 70s when Moi was vp...and when Moi became pork they remained his key cogs ..they were supposed to be bag carriers of moi..until two ambitious younger sons of moi started exerting their influence.Ruto was the brains behind Gideon push to kick Biwott n Saitoti...they planted fitina against Biwott and Saitoti...and started pushing for moi to inherit himself through Uhuru n Gideon.The same fate Ruto has faced with Uhuru...fitina of Ruto is richer than you.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2022, 11:11:36 AM »
 :) i see. Seem it Handshake type fitina Raila used against Ruto?

I am sure Gideon regret helping Ruto.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2022, 11:14:29 AM »
:) i see. Seem it Handshake type fitina Raila used against Ruto?

I am sure Gideon regret helping Ruto.
Gideon didn't know any politics or kiswahili or kalenjin or had he addressed any meeting...he was then interested in making money from gov and playing polo.When moi saw Gideon was now interested in politics he tasked Ruto to mentor both of them...

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2022, 11:14:42 AM »
who played Gideon role in Handshake? Who did Raila send to Uhuru to smear Ruto? Muhoho?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2022, 11:19:03 AM »
who played Gideon role in Handshake? Who did Raila send to Uhuru to smear Ruto? Muhoho?
Handshake was decoy.The plan was simple.Kick Ruto out and replace him with fellow Kalenjin Gideon Moi and sell him as the successor.Ruto of course is smart n invested in intelligence.The plan was btw Uhuru, Muhoho and Gideon.The brains was Nancy Gitau.It backfired because Ruto was always many steps ahead . Fitina was from Gideon that Ruto was going round saying he is pork n Uhuru is a drunkard.That Ruto was richer than them having stolen every project worth more than 500m.This was first term.Kinuthia then bitter froze Ruto from contacting uhuru.Raila was never in play... Gideon now is radarless and Gitau escaped to exile

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2022, 11:51:09 AM »
is Nancy really that smart? And influencial. I mean for such catastrophic failure to size the enemy.. I say she is stupid.

Raila will make her Australia ambassador.   :)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2022, 12:13:17 PM »
is Nancy really that smart? And influencial. I mean for such catastrophic failure to size the enemy.. I say she is stupid.

Raila will make her Australia ambassador.   :)
She comes up with a plan but implementation was poor. And the opponent is very smarter.She was smart enough to bail out when project failed.Gideon Moi is avoiding Raila like a plague.His brothers and sisters have run to Ruto because they have beef with him.Uhuru seems so scared he can't make a consistent move forward or backward... Martha just took lots of water after being hit by Rigatoni submarine and Raila brother is preparing Bondo for their retirement

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2022, 01:00:09 PM »
Why would hasla invest in reviving kamatusa when he has the hasora nation??
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2022, 03:21:50 PM »
I also dont understand Njuri logic here.
Why would hasla invest in reviving kamatusa when he has the hasora nation??

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2022, 05:31:12 PM »
As a Njuri elder sitting on a lolinga(3 legged stool) I can see further than a giraffe or boys/youth on tree tops.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2022, 02:31:07 PM »
So when traversing among the Kalenjin ruto or any kalenjin can speak and be heard across all the sub tribes?? Pokot? Marakwet??

Maasai,Turkana,Iteso n Samburu languages are very close.. kalenjin is totally different. The only thing we share with Maasai is the love of cattle.
Yes Maasai, Iteso n Turkana can understand each other easily. Luos,Acholi,Dinkas and many south Sudan can understand each other.Kalenjin is totally different from other Nilotic language.. only Tanzania Datoga is close. Kalenjin language has lots of cushitic influence
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution