Author Topic: Termie and vooke: Is Negro Confused or What?  (Read 16251 times)

Offline Logan

• VIP
  • Superstar
Termie and vooke: Is Negro Confused or What?
« on: September 06, 2014, 02:49:12 AM »

http://www.jambonewspot.com/influx-african-immigrants-shifting-national-new-york-demographics/
And Life Goes On..

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Termie and vooke: Is Negro Confused or What?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 04:22:30 AM »
It cuts both ways I think.  The Negro from the mother continent brings an alien life experience to the table.  You cannot just transplant that and replace it with some other experience because you share skin color. 

It's the same reason I do not expect the brothers here to have a different outlook from what their life has taught them.  One can share experiences.  But you cannot transplant them.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 09:54:50 AM »
I think negroes are mighty diverse than melanin would have us believe
But they still negroes
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 10:11:04 AM »
You want to see black-on-black racism, visit that site: topix.com and search Akata threads on Africans in the USA. You will be seriously disabused of any false ideas regarding Akatas and Africans being the same people. There are some Akatas who want absolutely nothing to do with "the motherland", absolutely nothing.

From that admittedly very limited exposure to net Akatas, it seemed to me that Caribbean blacks were much more positively predisposed towards their African roots and identifying with Africans as their people. They are not forever whining that Africans sold them into slavery, something that seems like the standard Akata retort to afros every other sentence. I think it may probably be because they (Caribbean blacks) were somewhat allowed to retain some of their Africanness in culture etc than the American slaves and I think they were not separated as families as much as African Americans. Their family structures are intact, they don't have the African-American problem of scarcity of family stability. They are much closer to Africans than African Americans are to us, seems to me.

Offline Mheshimiwa

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 10:16:23 AM »
Could we use words like black or African from now on please.
Visitors of this site will be scared away thinking there are racist skinhead members here.
We got the message along time ago, blacks are at the bottom of the pile Jeez! Drop the whole negro depreciation act already.
Its so pretentious to talk about your race with your nose in the air as if you are Nazis.
Do you refer to your family as negroes?

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 11:46:25 AM »
kadame,
I think it has something to do with global prejudice against the have-nots. If you are broke and constantly begging for relief and aid, you won't be respected. Carribean negroes are not that far from thirdworld economically. So we have much in common with Bob Marley than Frank Sinatra.

I hear Eastern Europe bazungu are discriminated against in the UK as well..they countries are poor

You want to see black-on-black racism, visit that site: topix.com and search Akata threads on Africans in the USA. You will be seriously disabused of any false ideas regarding Akatas and Africans being the same people. There are some Akatas who want absolutely nothing to do with "the motherland", absolutely nothing.

From that admittedly very limited exposure to net Akatas, it seemed to me that Caribbean blacks were much more positively predisposed towards their African roots and identifying with Africans as their people. They are not forever whining that Africans sold them into slavery, something that seems like the standard Akata retort to afros every other sentence. I think it may probably be because they (Caribbean blacks) were somewhat allowed to retain some of their Africanness in culture etc than the American slaves and I think they were not separated as families as much as African Americans. Their family structures are intact, they don't have the African-American problem of scarcity of family stability. They are much closer to Africans than African Americans are to us, seems to me.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 11:57:57 AM »
Yes Veritas need to ban the word negro.
Could we use words like black or African from now on please.
Visitors of this site will be scared away thinking there are racist skinhead members here.
We got the message along time ago, blacks are at the bottom of the pile Jeez! Drop the whole negro depreciation act already.
Its so pretentious to talk about your race with your nose in the air as if you are Nazis.
Do you refer to your family as negroes?

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: Termie and vooke: Is human Confused or What?
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 01:16:07 PM »
Done. Changed to 'human' or 'humans.'

Offline Mheshimiwa

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 01:28:47 PM »
Good work Veri, you are a smart human.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »

Pundito said it tongue in cheek...that's censorship
Anybody visiting here who thinks negro is derogatory should be euthanized

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 03:41:37 PM »
veritas is abusing moderator powers.  Negr.o is a perfectly acceptable word for a black bipedal hominid, even here in the US.  It is not the N word.

I think one wants to tread very carefully when it comes to dealing with complaints.  That way we don't find ourselves barely able to understand what we have "written".

@veritas,

Please reconsider banning that word.

Pundito said it tongue in cheek...that's censorship
Anybody visiting here who thinks human is derogatory should be euthanized
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 05:05:44 PM »
I agree. male version of negress simply means black. "N" word is matusi, negress is not. Mheshimiwa's problem is not with the word negress and such but with the views of vooke and Terminator regarding the negress and her male counterpart. He should challenge the views, as in any other debate but not change language to suit his views.

Veri, let us not start editing discussions. This is exctly why people did not want moderation.

Offline Mheshimiwa

• VIP
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 05:12:20 PM »
My problem is with the word, they can criticize & lecture blacks all day like the civilized dieties they believe they are, but words like neg.ro shouldn't be on a Kenyan board c'mon!!
We can take a vote to see whether the word should be banned or not but don't insist on resisting any form action moderators & Veri takes just for the sake of opposing.
I agree. male version of negress simply means black. "N" word is matusi, negress is not. Mheshimiwa's problem is not with the word negress and such but with the views of vooke and Terminator regarding the negress and her male counterpart. He should challenge the views, as in any other debate but not change language to suit his views.

Veri, let us not start editing discussions. This is exctly why people did not want moderation.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 05:22:50 PM »
Mheshimiwa, if your problem is with the word thn your problem is with the English language. You are equating niggger with neggro, they are not identical. If I start saying "the kikiyu" and his problems and generally indicate that I think Kikuyu comes with negative features then you will react the same way, but the issue will be my views of "kikuyu" not the word itself. Veritas shouldn't just use YOUR subjective understanding of a word in place of its objective meaning as a basis to ban a word that is not in any way derogatory. You realize that banning the word is essentially saying that the word is an insult. It just means black. Its like saying black is an insult. that in itself is self-denigration. the insulting word is Nigggar and it meant "dumb" not just black, as in, all black people are natural imbeciles. One might as well ban "Caucasian" if they are going to ban "neggro". I appreciate her noble intentions here but you have misled her, I have to say.

Even with the N word, niggger, I still have major issues with banning it out of hand. There are no KKK members here. its ridiculous to suggest that the site might be confused with one, that word hardly ever mentioned. And it can be used in a way that is not racist, CONTEXT is key. I could tell a story in which someone said it, for example. So I might use N*ger, for example.

Offline Mheshimiwa

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 05:30:26 PM »
Its simple, members can vote if you really want to insist on defending this word.
Mheshimiwa, if your problem is with the word thn your problem is with the English language. You are equating niggger with neggro, they are not identical. If I start saying "the kikiyu" and his problems and generally indicate that I think Kikuyu comes with negative features then you will react the same way, but the issue will be my views of "kikuyu" not the word itself. Veritas shouldn't just use YOUR subjective understanding of a word in place of its objective meaning as a basis to ban a word that is not in any way derogatory. You realize that banning the word is essentially saying that the word is an insult. It just means black. Its like saying black is an insult. that in itself is self-denigration. the insulting word is Niggger. One might as well ban "Caucasian" if they are going to ban "neggro".

Even with the N word, niggger, I still have major issues with banning it out of hand. There are no KKK members here. its ridiculous to suggest that the site might be confused with one, that word hardly ever mentioned. And it can be used in a way that is not racist, CONTEXT is key.

Offline Logan

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 05:30:35 PM »
Veri, you're soon treading in dangerous zones when you start micro-managing.

This is not a smart move when one imposing individual- a well known jubilee NSI agent starts to dictate what we're
to post. :(

Yo need to relax and watch an argument develop before you rush into taking sides, or you will soon be slidding into the same slippery slopes you've been a victim to. How soon can you forget your past?

A mature moderator should be above involvement in simple fights, please.

My two cents.
And Life Goes On..

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 05:33:32 PM »
n.egro has a problem with n.egro word
Exactly what is the problem with the word
You soiled Omorlo's threads with stupid images and nobody banned you and here you are allergic to being a n.egro!
Grow up kid

Veritas,
You may have started the place but you are nobody's mother nor a thought police. Live and let live. It is mighty easy to lose people's respect
Or you want to convert this to another Onyango Oloo's crib?

Offline Mheshimiwa

• VIP
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 05:40:36 PM »
Nipate had no order, the place was covered in spam.
Posts like Mama Ngina making satanic sacrifices....its a waste of time discussing that site.
This is a different place, new rules...get that into your thick skull.

human has a problem with human word
Exactly what is the problem with the word
You soiled Omorlo's threads with stupid images and nobody banned you and here you are allergic to being a human!
Grow up kid

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 05:41:09 PM »
There's no need for voting. Dictionary is free of charge.

Lets ban the N word (I concede), the F word, the S word, etc. But accurate social and scientific descriptions should not be banned, IMHO.

This is not a smart move when one imposing individual- a well known jubilee NSI agent starts to dictate what we're

Yo need to relax and watch an argument develop before you rush into taking sides, or you will soon be slidding into the same slippery slopes you've been a victim to. How soon can you forget your past?

My two cents.

Logan, she was simply being responsive. She thought she was being fair to both by not pulling the thread but instead getting rid of the "problematic" word. I think next she will allow us to discuss and debate before coming to a consensus, like Mheshimiwa is suggesting we do here. In fact I agree, let us vote on it.

Offline Mheshimiwa

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 05:46:29 PM »
Whats your point?
I have criticised my generation & race before, I am not seeking to white-wash or romanticize the nature & state of the black man....K
There's no need for voting. Dictionary is free of charge.

Lets ban the N word (I concede), the F word, the S word, etc. But accurate social and scientific descriptions should not be banned, IMHO.

My two cents.

Logan, she was simply being responsive. She thought she was being fair to both by not pulling the thread but instead getting rid of the "problematic" word. I think next she will allow us to discuss and debate before coming to a consensus, like Mheshimiwa is suggesting we do here. In fact I agree, let us vote on it.