Author Topic: Investment for Retirement Super Thread  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Stockguru

• Mega superstar
Investment for Retirement Super Thread
« on: June 08, 2022, 06:27:28 AM »
Hi Folks

All the fellas who are in their 40s we have about 15 years of productivity left to work. What is your plan for retirement? What have you invested in and how much income do you think you will get

I will start with myself

I have $200K in Equities most of it in Index funds with a Target date of 2040

I've invested in Real Estate with an estimated income of $3,000 per month
Social Security Income I am estimating that I will get a minimum of $2,500

Land and house worthy about $500,000. I plan not to cash this and to be inherited by my kids

I am contributing 10K in traditional IRA and 9,500 in Roth IRA I plan to do this for the next 8 years

M

My goal is to retire in the next 8 years

What is your game plan?

Funny thing is that I have never sat down and thought how much money I need. I've just been saving as a habit. I need to sit down and come up with a strategy to work towards my retirement

If you were in my position what would you do different?

My 401K Index Funds are in
Vanguard - VFIFX
and other several funds that I will list in time
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 06:32:18 AM by KenyanPlato »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Investment for Retirement Super Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 06:35:08 AM »
You sound like Mzungu.
Mwafrika we plan our retirement different.
I want to retire in Malindi or Diani or say in Kericho or Kampala.
I want to marry possibly another wife before I hit 60yrs.
So my retirement plan is around buying land say in Malindi and building nice little mansion to enjoy the sun and water.
Or buying a farm where I hope to retire to farm.

So for me my retirement goals are simple.

I want to retire in a farm of 100 acres - own a small tea factory - own a couple of retirement homes - at least one at the coast.

Sasa hii mambo ya index fund or IRA or 401K.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 06:42:07 AM »
Kenya Plato aka Njamba use one handle.

And first deal with many kids you have all over US before you talk retirement.

Offline Stockguru

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 06:44:53 AM »
You sound like Mzungu.
Mwafrika we plan our retirement different.
I want to retire in Malindi or Diani or say in Kericho or Kampala.
I want to marry possibly another wife before I hit 60yrs.
So my retirement plan is around buying land say in Malindi and building nice little mansion to enjoy the sun and water.
Or buying a farm where I hope to retire to farm.

So for me my retirement goals are simple.

I want to retire in a farm of 100 acres - own a small tea factory - own a couple of retirement homes - at least one at the coast.

Sasa hii mambo ya index fund or IRA or 401K.

seeing how prepared  my dad was for retirement inspired me to start getting ready for this evenuality. In Western world the equities markets give you a better return than real estate or land. I can't invest heavily on land in Kenya because chances of it getting stolen is high since I do not live there

Offline Stockguru

• Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 06:46:21 AM »
Kenya Plato aka Njamba use one handle.

And first deal with many kids you have all over US before you talk retirement.

I am using my laptop. I do not remember KP password to use it while using Laptop. I have KP on my phone. I normally use my phone to post

Offline Stockguru

• Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 06:48:02 AM »
Also, I plan to live the rest of my life in the West. So why would I buy land and invest in second or third wife. America it is easier to live with a longtime girlfriend. Marrying in the West is for useful idiots

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 08:40:02 PM »
Also, I plan to live the rest of my life in the West. So why would I buy land and invest in second or third wife. America it is easier to live with a longtime girlfriend. Marrying in the West is for useful idiots

Njamba,
Leave that place, that place that place I tells ya before it's too late.
I am shocked that you still believe in Hamellica being paradiso.
And take your muthendis out of that place, that place, that place I tells ya.
Hamellica's unfunded liabilities alone are in the hundreds of trillions. Pensions will go up in smoke pia.
Derivatives pia are 30 times worse than they were in 07/08.
I like Punditos retirement plan.
Ni hayo tu.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2022, 08:44:25 PM »

Njamba,
Leave that place, that place that place I tells ya before it's too late.
I am shocked that you still believe in Hamellica being paradiso.
And take your muthendis out of that place, that place, that place I tells ya.
Hamellica's unfunded liabilities alone are in the hundreds of trillions. Pensions will go up in smoke pia.
Derivatives pia are 30 times worse than they were in 07/08.
I like Punditos retirement plan.
Ni hayo tu.

I am hedge in both localities but I want to live the next 39 years shaking it with Akina Tanisha and Tameka

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2022, 08:47:45 PM »
Oldun n Njamba,
Marrying again in 55-60 is great decision to get a companion, helper and kids to keep you busy and engaged.
Otherwise having all that money in 60-and 70s - you're lonely is no good.
Your 1st wife and kids after all those years will be pretty bored with you...or have moved out of the nest or be dead.
But getting a young woman - of 30-40s - not badly beaten - can give you quality 20yrs of your retirement life
And they can help change your diapers when your body gives up.
As long as you money to sustain her - and her 1-2 kids - iko sawa.
This is what wazungu are doing - coming to africa - to marry again - and get things to keep them busy
Like dropping kids at school while you're 70s :) is greatest thing you could do;
It kills your boredoom.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2022, 08:53:28 PM »
Oldun n Njamba,
Marrying again in 55-60 is great decision to get a companion, helper and kids to keep you busy and engaged.
Your 1st wife and kids after all those years will be pretty bored with you...or have moved out of the nest or be dead.
But getting a young woman - of 30-40s - not badly beaten - can give you quality 20yrs of your retirement life
This is what wazungu are doing - coming to africa - to marry again - and get things to keep them busy
Like dropping kids at school while you're 70s :) is greatest thing you could do;
It kills your boredoom.

You think the world looks like your busaa infested kipakerion village. I can hire two Latino nurses and a black one to change my diaper and careless my dick. Living with a woman requires a lot of patience and foolishness

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2022, 08:53:56 PM »
Look at kibor he was a miserable demented Oldman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2022, 08:56:25 PM »
Kibor lived great.
Njonjo married at 50yrs when he was going to retirement
And spend next 50yrs raising kids.
Marrying again in 50yrs give you a second chance to restart life with all the lessons learnt.
Look at kibor he was a miserable demented Oldman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2022, 08:58:34 PM »
If you cannot afford a maid now; what makes you think you can afford two; with diminished income;
Go back to Africa; get girl with one kid; and come and add one more; uko sawa.
Hapa pahali niko saa hii; juzi they were removing dead old mzungu; using fire extinguisher thing; the old geezer lived in upper floor;
They went up broke the window; found she is dead; and ambulance and police dealt with it.
I had seen her couple of days on the lift; with drips; and all medical stuff; sticking out of her body;
She collect her letters and take the lift; Living alone - miserable life
I guess she died and the body started roting.
I am told so many of that happen.
Many miserable pensioners living alone - no relatives - kids long left for the world - and have zero time.
They die miserable - alone - and their bodies rot for days.

This is when you realize you need to manufacture new kids.

Human body is not a fool to produce sperms till 80s - to expire the eggs mid-year.
One man need two wives; peleka moja mpaka 45; pick another akufishe 90.

You think the world looks like your busaa infested kipakerion village. I can hire two Latino nurses and a black one to change my diaper and careless my dick. Living with a woman requires a lot of patience and foolishness

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • Raila Odinga.President of the Republic of Kenya.
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2022, 09:03:08 PM »
Invest in farmland of 100acres with 5 blocks of 20 acres each block to have oranges mangoes lemon apple avocado so in every season that is after every 2 months you will be getting 1Mn..then build small apartments and godowns warning maybe 300k pm that's enough...that thing of shares is no go zone.

After this,rent a 2 bedroom apartment in lavibgton.Have two or three girlfriends between 32-39 years who still have lots of sexual energy.make sure they are people wives which means they come with less baggage and less phone calls to disturb you...then have a house maid mature for random quickie...lots of alcohol..you will enjoy life.

Marrying a woman in your 50s is crazy.The fight between her and step children..the small baby crying,Mara hospital at night in laws drama then this lady will be milking you dry or steal from you or kill you like Cohen.. you won't even measu her sexual drive..she will cheat with shamba boy.you will become mad.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2022, 09:06:51 PM »
Cheating with married wives is one surest way to die early.
I agree on farming - passive crops - permanent no stress crops.
I dont think you understand what marriage is about - it's not about sex.
Sex you can buy anytime.
Marriage is find a companion - a friend - someone to keep your busy.
Some you take care of - if they are sick - and they do the same.
Those sick kids - will also take care of you - when you're sick.
But you 1st wife and their kids - will be out of the nest - they will be conspiring to finishing you either way.
Their intention will be to inherit your wealth - while almost totally leaving you lonely and depressed.
But if you have new smaller wife with smaller kids who depend on you - they will value you like your 1st wife did and the kids.
Then you die :) and you've lived two lifetimes - married twice - raised kids twice.
Your 1st wife will understand - and the kids will understand - you just put down your feet.
And you also make sure you move town.
Dont marry in Gatundu - move far - and start new life - say in Malindi.

Very unlikely an 60yr old woman can fight over man and his new wife; she will have no fight left in her; how can she compete with 35yrs old.

If they follow you - Join awour church and act mad for few months :)
Invest in farmland of 100acres with 5 blocks of 20 acres each block to have oranges mangoes lemon apple avocado so in every season that is after every 2 months you will be getting 1Mn..then build small apartments and godowns warning maybe 300k pm that's enough...that thing of shares is no go zone.

After this,rent a 2 bedroom apartment in lavibgton.Have two or three girlfriends between 32-39 years who still have lots of sexual energy.make sure they are people wives which means they come with less baggage and less phone calls to disturb you...then have a house maid mature for random quickie...lots of alcohol..you will enjoy life.

Marrying a woman in your 50s is crazy.The fight between her and step children..the small baby crying,Mara hospital at night in laws drama then this lady will be milking you dry or steal from you or kill you like Cohen.. you won't even measu her sexual drive..she will cheat with shamba boy.you will become mad.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2022, 09:19:39 PM »
Before marrying - what I have seen work with my folks - split the wealth equally 1st wife, all the kids, and you.
Each get equal share.
Use your share to marry.
If you have 100 acres , 3 kids and one wife.
Split the land - each get 20 acres - leave the 80 acres for 1st wife and his three kids.

Sell your 20 acres - and go buy elsewhere if it's combine.
Start a new life.

With those 20 acres - and your hidden investment - you can then start brand new life without any bitterness from 1st wife
The bitterness is if you slice them off their retirement and lifetime investment.

But give them 80 acres - and remain with 20 acres - they will think you're a fool.
But you're restarting life a new.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2022, 09:25:51 PM »
Oldun n Njamba,
It kills your boredoom.
Hey BRO, we are night and day. Marrying a second woman at 50 for retirement? I think environment and where you grow up shape our way of life. In my early 40s, I'm planning on how I will be healthy and wealthy to take care of my only wife for the next 40 years in a unique way. Hopefully, we can empower our kids and grandkids to be healthy, wealthy people who respect family, relationships, integrity, USA, and money! I have no time for any other woman in my life! I think having wife and kids takes a man's time. Taking time to entertain another person is doing disservice to the existing family!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2022, 09:38:09 PM »
Exception - applies if you have an excellent wife - like RVHH - but rest of us - if you feel like starting new life in 50s - I'd go for it. Women age fast. Men will remain active.
Oldun n Njamba,
It kills your boredoom.
Hey BRO, we are night and day. Marrying a second woman at 50 for retirement? I think environment and where you grow up shape our way of life. In my early 40s, I'm planning on how I will be healthy and wealthy to take care of my only wife for the next 40 years in a unique way. Hopefully, we can empower our kids and grandkids to be healthy, wealthy people who respect family, relationships, integrity, USA, and money! I have no time for any other woman in my life! I think having wife and kids takes a man's time. Taking time to entertain another person is doing disservice to the existing family!

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2022, 09:52:59 PM »
Exception - applies if you have an excellent wife - like RVHH - but rest of us - if you feel like starting new life in 50s - I'd go for it. Women age fast. Men will remain active.
Oldun n Njamba,
It kills your boredoom.
I think aging faster depends on the kind of life and treatment subjected to an individual. The old adage of marrying a woman few years younger was and still Godsent however, you can make a woman really look young and vibrant by limiting stress to near zero and doing things that makes her heart happy. Aging is all stress and shida, not necessarily age factor. I met my wife at 17 and we've been rolling ever since with zero stress and shida right here in the US, but I think if we were in Kanairo, or anywhere in Kenya, I think shida, stress, ad environment would have taken a toll on us!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • Raila Odinga.President of the Republic of Kenya.
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2022, 10:10:43 PM »
Cheating with married wives is one surest way to die early.
I agree on farming - passive crops - permanent no stress crops.
I dont think you understand what marriage is about - it's not about sex.
Sex you can buy anytime.
Marriage is find a companion - a friend - someone to keep your busy.
Some you take care of - if they are sick - and they do the same.
Those sick kids - will also take care of you - when you're sick.
But you 1st wife and their kids - will be out of the nest - they will be conspiring to finishing you either way.
Their intention will be to inherit your wealth - while almost totally leaving you lonely and depressed.
But if you have new smaller wife with smaller kids who depend on you - they will value you like your 1st wife did and the kids.
Then you die :) and you've lived two lifetimes - married twice - raised kids twice.
Your 1st wife will understand - and the kids will understand - you just put down your feet.
And you also make sure you move town.
Dont marry in Gatundu - move far - and start new life - say in Malindi.

Very unlikely an 60yr old woman can fight over man and his new wife; she will have no fight left in her; how can she compete with 35yrs old.

If they follow you - Join awour church and act mad for few months :)

I think you are naive.

(1) A 40 year old man cannot measure to the sex drive and demands of a 25 year old woman.Ask governor Mutua who is now 50 years.He gave Lillian money cars gold jewellers and sex but the lady left her for a slum dwellers called Juliani.Marrying in your 50s is inviting alot of drama in your life.I had a Kamba girlfriend 6 months ago who is 30 years old,She had crazy sex drive.I don't touch alcohol and am very healthy imagine if it's you who is a drunkard,you just couldn't handle it.I think the best case studies of this topic is Alfred Mutua and Tob Cohen which shows you can never match thesexual and material demands of a woman two decades below your age.

(2) The Motivation of you marrying a second wife is very simple.One you are married to a Kikuyu woman who is also a career woman.After she is done with office work and traffic she arrives at home at 11PM drunk from the girlfriends party and in no mood for sex.When she is at home on Sunday she starts talking with her mother in kikuyu and you become out of place.She then gives birth to one child a girl which is very bad for an African man.A man is not a man without a boy child.After all these you are left with the house maid to feed you wash your clothes etc.So you marrying a second wife is understandable Next time marry your tribe.In this case marry a Kalenjin single mother of one child a gal who dropped out of college and is stay at home mum.you will have peace.

(3) YOU WERE BORN ALONE AND WILL DIE ALONE.The moment you become old wearing diapers senile.Nobody will want anything to do with you.only your money will help you.

(4) Cheating is for GROWN UP.Look at Shebesh sonko fling Keittany Linturi fling Wako Mwilu thing Karen Nyamu and Samidoh Waiguru And ex husband Late nyagah and ginah din.What does this tell you?The moment you mature in age the most important thing is NOT MARRIAGE but money.If you can't provide for a woman,she will use her beauty to get what she wants from who can provide it.Its a NO BRAINER.

Every marriage is beautiful at the beginning until a year later.The secret is marrying before 30 years.Having 5 kids before 40 years.Taking care of them.Renting an apartment in Kitusur for your sex errands while taking care of your family you will have q peaceful life.