Author Topic: Article 75 finish Sonko - end of the road - ODM survives  (Read 671 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Article 75 finish Sonko - end of the road - ODM survives
« on: June 04, 2022, 05:06:42 PM »
Yeah article 75 and article 99 when read together would imply if you've been impeached then you cannot hold office.

UDA kiambu senator? was impeached as CS - will he run? But impeachment of minister is chicken crap - it's same as impeaching governor or pork. It's not binding.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2022-06-04-sonko-disqualified-from-mombasa-governor-race/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Article 75 finish Sonko - end of the road - ODM survives
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 05:08:15 PM »
Kiambu UDA senate aspirant also in foul of article 75 - will party be given time to replace?

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 05:20:34 PM »
 who is the the candidate

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 06:38:37 PM »
who is the the candidate
Young karungo wa thang'wa. Maybe Moses Kuria or Kabogo will fill the seat!
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 07:45:09 PM »
He should have gone to courts like yesterday.....

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 08:11:18 PM »
Now is when they can go to court; they should try get an injunction; they may be allowed; because if they lose the case; then down the line; it will be their money wasted

For Sonko - there is already a court order on the same - so he doesnt need to go to court- he will wait for Mativo case.

He should have gone to courts like yesterday.....

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 08:32:44 PM »
Innocent till proven guilty...appeal appeal...until the highest court decides. Sonko must run in Mombasa.  We need a drugderby showdown between Joho and Sonko.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2022, 01:06:32 AM »
Great news. Mativo case should just be last nail...

impeached are done for regardless of final outcome... cause burden is on them. Guilty until proven innocent.

Gachagua/Kideros.. innocent till proven guilty.

Parties should replace them that's their right. As in Kethi Kilonzo precedent.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 01:09:38 AM »
Pundit let see if "angry Kamba" will punish ODM or help useless Sarai. With Kalonzo back you have noone to preach that gospel of lies.

Mlikuwa mnajifanya ati judiciary or IEBC independence.. ndio hio sasa  :)
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 01:26:27 AM »
You're looking for rigging mirage in every decision.
Personally when I read article 75 - and Article 99 - there is a problem - that Mativo hopefully will resolve.
For Kiambu senate - who was impeached by MCAS -I think he has stronger case than Sonko.
Parliament impeaching a minister is not a binding decision to the executive.
But governor impeachment is something else.
Now the issue how to resolve 75 and 99 - Sonko is still appealing impeachment - let wait for Mativo to determine this.

As for next - that is upto Sonko - he can decide to remain in Azimio or to join Ruto. He only needed Kalonzo if he is running. If he is not running he becomes free agent.

If I was Ruto I would definitely go for Sonko....Sonko is good in trenches....but he need to align with anti-gov movement so his tribulations can be seen as part of wider scheme by handshake against any opposition.

Shida yake is ever blowing hot and cold - just like Kalonzo - or a typical kamba.

Pundit let see if "angry Kamba" will punish ODM or help useless Sarai. With Kalonzo back you have noone to preach that gospel of lies.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2022, 02:12:02 AM »
i mean after praising IEBC as independent - and praising BBI ruling - it tough sell for Ruto or UDA to cry they are biased now. They should just quietly replace Kiambu senate candidate with Jungle or Kuria.

About Sonko he is not idiot Mdvd to just do Ruto dirty work for nothing but verbal promise. He would demand cash advance. He is in Azimio due to reality of Kamba bulk is with Kalonzo in Azimio.. joining KK has zero sense to him. Ruto on the other hand needs help with Kambas not hustlers - both have little to offer the other.

Not happening.

You're looking for rigging mirage in every decision.
Personally when I read article 75 - and Article 99 - there is a problem - that Mativo hopefully will resolve.
For Kiambu senate - who was impeached by MCAS -I think he has stronger case than Sonko.
Parliament impeaching a minister is not a binding decision to the executive.
But governor impeachment is something else.
Now the issue how to resolve 75 and 99 - Sonko is still appealing impeachment - let wait for Mativo to determine this.

As for next - that is upto Sonko - he can decide to remain in Azimio or to join Ruto. He only needed Kalonzo if he is running. If he is not running he becomes free agent.

If I was Ruto I would definitely go for Sonko....Sonko is good in trenches....but he need to align with anti-gov movement so his tribulations can be seen as part of wider scheme by handshake against any opposition.

Shida yake is ever blowing hot and cold - just like Kalonzo - or a typical kamba.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2022, 11:49:15 AM »
Sonko has a point. Article 99 override article 75. Until he exhaust his appeals and review mechanism - he should be eligible. Let see what Mativo will say.