Author Topic: Musical Interlude  (Read 133966 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Musical Interlude
« Reply #320 on: December 08, 2020, 07:56:49 PM »
Simon Chimbetu - Chautah

That guitta, that guitta, that guitta I tells ya! As we have said before, the Zimbos seem to have been given the guitar gift! Very nice.

They are naturals.  They call it Sungura.  A result of trying to recreate the mbira sound on guitar, I suspect.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #321 on: December 08, 2020, 09:26:20 PM »
Hottest song in Naija this year that has spawned a dance challenge almost as much as Jerusalema on tik tok, which increasingly is moving out of the teens and young adults zone into the mainstream. I  predict TikTok will be the new insta but for videos. Sooner or later everybody will be on it.

Yeah.  It's been a recurring beat the few times I have been in a gathering this year.  Burna Boy is another naija that seems to have gone mainstream; they even play his music in the gym.  John Vuli Gate is also trying to see if it can match Jerusalema.  I doubt it, but it's apparently a craze in SADC

he he he he yup..and naturally, the John Vuli Gate dance has also taken TikTok by storm.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #322 on: December 08, 2020, 09:28:38 PM »
https://www.reverbnation.com/ulopangoma/song/3631422-lady

Been looking for this song for ages. Thank God I found it.
Reminds me saana of Memphis TN, late Summer, 2009
Beale street Jazz nights. I will never forget Robert Church Park in the evening. That atmosphere is something I have never experienced anywhere else, in my life. Trombones, trumpets, diverse crowd of all races, kids running around as their parents danced to the music..sepia sunset glow peppered with the glint of orange evening  park lamps casting a unique glow all around. Very unique place.
The mighty Mississippi River with its riverboats coursing away gently to the sea nearby
The Best BBQ in the USA bar none (you can take that to the bank!)
Graceland - it was like stepping back in time into the 1970s.. a bit creepy walking through the rooms and sitting on the same furniture he sat on and boarding his now permanently grounded plane, but it was interesting to see how the king (Elvis) lived
Lorraine Motel
Mud Island.
Memphis gets a bad rap, man....they even had downtown cable cars. I would even rank Memphis a notch above Dallas, Atlanta or Houston which are just terrible cities overall with nothing worth seeing or doing there worth writing home about.
Those were the days...  For those of you still in Babylon..I envy you. For some of us the thrill went a loooong time ago. Not because we've been there done that and wrote the book, but just because we moved on to other more interesting things in our life phases. Life is a funny thing.you dream of something (eg going to the USA) you do it thoroughly, then you move on and tell your totos stories about it. Who knows, in 20 years time we might move to New Zealand like my Japanese lady beshtie I met in Asia many years back. She vowed she will NEVER go back to Japan except in a coffin. Yet so many want to go to Japan. These are the ironies of life I tells ya. Hata hapa Kwiinya I always crack up when I hear young fellas prating about how much they want to go to USA. When you tell them you were tired of the place they look at you with a genuinely puzzled look. Maisha ni kupanda na kushuka, as you board the matatu fleeing your location in one direction others are climbing out of it fleeing where you are going to..heading to where you came from thinking tis paradise  :grin:

The USA thrill is indeed gone. P.S. BB King's on Beale is a must visit in everyone's lifetime IMHO. RIP to him

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #323 on: December 08, 2020, 09:32:18 PM »
December in Kwiinya Krisi visits from ablod manenos, 2010. These song, these song, these song I tells ya reminds me of the dance floor at Tamasha in Hurlingham with the supuu young chikindees getting down to its beat chwi chwi chwiiiiii. Whoa, ten years have passed since then! Those Krisi hols are what stoked the appetite to come back to Kwiinya for good. Does that club still exist? I have not heard anything about it in years.
Those truly were the days.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #324 on: December 08, 2020, 10:22:20 PM »
Coasto agendas that same unforgettable Krisi (Dec 2010) I do not think there was any club in the nation that did not play this song at least once!

Reminds me sana of Tandoori Bar 8)

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #325 on: December 11, 2020, 08:57:17 PM »
Another 2010 smash hit by Tiwa Savage. Had totally forgotten about this jam until I bumped into it today.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #326 on: December 11, 2020, 10:25:26 PM »
Keeping a journal is a great thing. Discovered this gem from my 2011 journal leo.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #327 on: December 11, 2020, 10:49:21 PM »
Another 2010/11 song from the journal. Had forgotten about it pia. The song that made the vuvuzela famous.

• Enigma
« Reply #328 on: December 12, 2020, 04:50:45 AM »
Nice smashes bro. 

Here is one by the amapiano crew to wind up a very forgetable week.

Ama-Uber by Semi-Tee, Kamu dee.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #329 on: December 12, 2020, 07:12:18 AM »

Tiwa Savage - Rocking it vibaya

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #330 on: December 12, 2020, 07:14:20 AM »

Paka Mzee hukunywa maziwa

• Enigma
« Reply #331 on: December 16, 2020, 02:23:29 AM »
Nice one.  You can hear Fela Kuti influence in the background.

Paka Mzee hukunywa maziwa

Here she is with the almighty Duncan Mighty.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #332 on: December 16, 2020, 02:25:47 AM »
Culture - International Herb

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #333 on: December 18, 2020, 05:07:07 PM »

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #334 on: December 18, 2020, 05:08:11 PM »

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #335 on: December 18, 2020, 05:09:27 PM »
blink-182 - What's My Age Again?

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #336 on: December 18, 2020, 05:51:13 PM »
Danny Wilson - Mary's Prayer

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #337 on: December 18, 2020, 07:33:23 PM »

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #338 on: December 19, 2020, 05:42:37 AM »

• Enigma
« Reply #339 on: December 21, 2020, 05:49:05 PM »

Harriet Tubman