Author Topic: Musical Interlude  (Read 133962 times)

Offline .

• Mega superstar
Re: Musical Interlude
« Reply #260 on: October 26, 2020, 08:24:03 PM »
Tabu Ley was among the last of the great Congo generation, when Congo music was Congo music.  It's now struggling for relevance with the flood of so-called Afropop(which can be instantly catchy but also fades just as quickly like used chewing gum).

Tabu Ley - Tempelo

Good one. Indeed. Classic tunes that stand the test of time. 
Mumble rap is the worst of the new generation, man. Sadly it is catching on here amongst the gengetone and new genres of youth music in Kwiinya. Sounds like a chicken with turrets sqwaking endlessly

Classic tune. When I think Rhumba/Congolese music, I think Africa/being home. Best zikis to chill to on an easy day having lunch on a balcony in the cbd watching humanity flow by bila haraka yoyote kabsaaaaa

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #261 on: October 26, 2020, 08:46:30 PM »

Boston mems. Charles River, a dunkin donuts on every street where the cashiers short change you every single time, terrible tasting pizzas, birds at Boston Common and riding the T. Boston is actually one of the few North Eastern cities I actually liked.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2020, 07:47:54 PM »

These song these song these song I tells ya reminds me of the the last days of high school...excitement of clearing fourth form. Is there any sweeter feeling than that in this here our Kwinyan Republic?

-No more terrible food
-No more waking up at ungodly hours to study
-No more imprisonment in classes and preps from morning to night
-No more crazy teachers, some with crazy shrubs and opinions
-No more study worthless junk like Organic Chemistry (COOOH=OH) that to this day I have not used even one jot or tittle of

I remember my last day kapsaaaa in school. We were the first ones to leave because our clusters had subjects that were tested early, meaning we left most of our peers rotting in the school waiting for their final papers. I will never forget that day ritru bit ritru bit. Sunny afternoon, bidding my buddy M.K. adios by the school field from the battered car window. Decades on..I have never seen him again since that day. The watchman saying "Kwaheri ya kuonana" at the gate. And those prison gates disappearing behind me forever. Sweet joy! These song these song these song I tells ya was playing on "cassette" in the car...

I later watched Mo Money the movie that year...reminds me sana of those ndays, those ndays, those ndays I tells ya. To be young, carefree, with your whole life ahead of you is something else, man. Then began the quest to escape Moi's Kwiinya and head to the land of milk and honey- USA (so I thought back then)!

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #263 on: October 28, 2020, 09:56:58 PM »
Yep.  Back when our brothers had not lost their singing marbles  :D.

Ralph Tresvant - Sensitivity

Tevin Campbell - I'm Ready

Wyclef Jean - 911

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2020, 12:30:55 AM »
When you need House and don't have a DJ, you can never go wrong with any mix by this icon of House.

Frankie Knuckles. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2020, 12:45:22 AM »
Colonel Abrams - Trapped

Timex Social Club - Rumors

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2020, 08:10:20 PM »
This Kenyan youngster Coco Em is not Shabby with her mixes.  Had me looking like a kook at the gym.

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #267 on: October 31, 2020, 03:21:27 AM »

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #268 on: October 31, 2020, 03:56:22 AM »

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2020, 04:57:55 AM »
my Nyeuthi friend introduce me to this

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2020, 11:47:02 PM »

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #271 on: November 02, 2020, 12:45:18 AM »

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #272 on: November 05, 2020, 08:14:09 PM »
Yep.  Back when our brothers had not lost their singing marbles  :D.

Ralph Tresvant - Sensitivity

Tevin Campbell - I'm Ready

Wyclef Jean - 911

Good stuff. Hellyweird is unforgiving. They get these artists/actors on drugs, blackmail them turn them out and spit them out like garbage once done. That's why most of them lose their marbles and stay high 24/7. And that is If they do not whack them first. Look at Cosby. He got too comfortable and thought he was untouchable. Now he is cooling his heels with kina Jaykwon in the pen doing a bid. These world, these world, these world I tells ya!

Mississippi native Alex Oneal is not exception
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/alexander-oneal-admits-hes-been-6094560

99.999% of Actors and singers in Hellyweird are turnt out druggies, sadly.

These song these song these song reminds me of a certain Christmas spent in terrible Washington DC. A highly overrated city in my modest view.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #273 on: November 05, 2020, 08:23:18 PM »
When you need House and don't have a DJ, you can never go wrong with any mix by this icon of House.

Frankie Knuckles. 

Nice! House just remains classic throughout. Azania house has deep soul to it and rubs me the right way. Can't go wrong with anything from Bucie... not too tattered long aeroplane flight to a far away destination type music right here;

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #274 on: November 05, 2020, 08:37:53 PM »
Colonel Abrams - Trapped

Timex Social Club - Rumors

The 80s were glorious years, man. The zikis were innocent and thematically simple.
These songs, these songs, these songs I tells ya remind me of those seemingly simpler times. Reminds me of taking mathrees in town in the late 80s where they would shatter eardrums with these tunes..

The club remix!

a decent 80s and 90s mix

Master P did a remake of Rumors that I like. Reminds me of the one time I lived in a ghetto riding around in a beat up Jalopy in the 90s and sipping toxic OE fawties. Do they still exist?

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #275 on: November 05, 2020, 08:44:17 PM »
This Kenyan youngster Coco Em is not Shabby with her mixes.  Had me looking like a kook at the gym.

NIce! And of course millenials with their cellphones on the dancefloor busy streaming it on instagram  :D

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #276 on: November 05, 2020, 08:46:25 PM »

Thanks for this one Njamba. Not much difference between Jamyeeaka and Kwiinya in terms of how the place looks. These are our long lost bredren and sistren

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #277 on: November 05, 2020, 08:48:55 PM »
my Nyeuthi friend introduce me to this

Good vibes on this one. Souful and smooth.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #278 on: November 05, 2020, 08:57:07 PM »

Sad that he died of the big mdudu. Philly was the Fela Kuti of East Africa. Speaking of Fela Kuti...

As usual the song is a long one with the words kicking in only after minute 8.54

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #279 on: November 05, 2020, 09:02:33 PM »

Miaka ziniaenda, buddies. Back when Juacali used to make really deep songs that hit the soul. Everyone has their life journey. Reminds me of my morning jogs in the US blasting this on earphones