Author Topic: Musical Interlude  (Read 133706 times)

Offline .

• Mega superstar
Re: Musical Interlude
« Reply #460 on: November 28, 2021, 07:26:27 PM »

Kali sana. I loved how he synced the vids with live performances and some of their original music videos. Serious trip down memory lane.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #461 on: November 29, 2021, 08:39:20 PM »

These song these song these song I tells ya brings baaaaad baaaaad baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad memories blo :roll:

Blankies and Wine Dec 2011. This song was playing everywhere not just in Kwiinya but on radios flom ablod around the world
Juzi was going through FB and bumped into the ka-chick (not the one from Azania nor the other one :roll:). These one was much younger blo. Slim tallie with a face like an angel and more back than a sack of Duncan Hines :o. We had amazing times together juu she was always high energy, down for whatever and could party like one of the kwuys. Her weddo was juzi! And this somebody that I used to know was looking real good during the wedo blo. Hubby ni bazenga kama mimi tu. Isapite. Life has all sorts of twists and turns!

Did I hear RV Punda calling for primitive war cries with knees to the ground in 2022? Very funny. Where will he and his mamma and tois be when people are being slaughtered like chicken upon his incitement? Mars? Mzalendo Kibunjia + ICC should both swoop in on K Mambo asap. Punda aende kanisa atubu dhambi. Hiyo ni upusi jameni we want peace in Kwiinya.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #462 on: December 09, 2021, 05:47:47 PM »

This song reminds me of Asali of RCB who once sent it to me  8)
I should start an "RCB reloaded" forum so we can fish out those old members. Online life has never been the same since tusungu twa Tenwek yanked the old site!!
Life is an interesting journey, man. Never ending in its twists, turns, experiences and variety.
Would be curious to know what happened to everyone over a decade and change on (for those who lived!)
RIP to Stocko, Oloo and any others we may have lost along the way...

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #463 on: December 09, 2021, 07:12:52 PM »

Kali sana. I loved how he synced the vids with live performances and some of their original music videos. Serious trip down memory lane.

Has to be one of the better new jack swing mixes I have heard.  EVERY track is on point.  DJ Shinski outdid himself.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #464 on: December 09, 2021, 07:15:18 PM »
Smooth arrangement Vumani Makhosi by Letta Mbulu. Siyajabula  :D .

Of all the music on the continent, I think SA music is the most soulful and soothing. Even the Congolese don't come close. Funnily enough it's countries that suffered the most oppression that seem to produce the best music in the world. Examples USA (slavery) - black music. SA - Apartheid ; good music all round. Congo; Plunder, death and poverty; Rhumba/Lingala  :D

I agree.  Music was the one avenue they could not close.  I would add Zim to that mix.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #465 on: December 23, 2021, 06:36:23 PM »
Dereck Mpofu is a Zimbo talent that channels Jabu Khanyile(IMO) in a lot of his music.

Magetsi Auya

Chikwambo

Harriet Tubman

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #466 on: December 28, 2021, 02:30:59 PM »

Of all the music on the continent, I think SA music is the most soulful and soothing. Even the Congolese don't come close. Funnily enough it's countries that suffered the most oppression that seem to produce the best music in the world. Examples USA (slavery) - black music. SA - Apartheid ; good music all round. Congo; Plunder, death and poverty; Rhumba/Lingala  :D

I agree.  Music was the one avenue they could not close.  I would add Zim to that mix.

Kabsaaaaaa. Tuku for example simply never gets old

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #467 on: December 28, 2021, 02:31:42 PM »
Dereck Mpofu is a Zimbo talent that channels Jabu Khanyile(IMO) in a lot of his music.

Magetsi Auya

Chikwambo
. Good stuff

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #468 on: December 28, 2021, 02:33:10 PM »

Haya. Ujumbe ni huo. Gqoz Gqoz 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 :72: :72: :72:

• Enigma
« Reply #469 on: January 04, 2022, 02:05:19 AM »
Busta 929 is an underrated talent.

One Headlight takes me back to a place, that place man...

Harriet Tubman

Offline einstein_g

• Superstar
« Reply #470 on: January 04, 2022, 09:45:14 AM »
I'm a big fan of SA music and looking for more songs like this Letta Mbulu one... going to listen to YouTube mix of this song and see what other songs are suggested.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #471 on: January 07, 2022, 09:13:59 PM »
Busta 929 is an underrated talent.

One Headlight takes me back to a place, that place man...

Songs have that effect man. This one sounds mid-upper 90s. Sounds like he's not really talking about a girl but about emerging from the innocence and idealism of youth, finding out life/politics/adulthood is ugly for the most part and struggling to cope with disillusion. Deep, haunting lyrics.

These one these one these one brings back bad memories. Summer 1997. The fleetingness of life.

Speaking of which. Came across this video leo. We used to watch these dudes in movies in the 80s, 90s and beyond na wameenda. Sidney Poitier gone today. Colin Powell gone juzi. Wakina George Bush sr all gone. Life is short buddies make the most of it.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #472 on: January 07, 2022, 09:16:10 PM »
I'm a big fan of SA music and looking for more songs like this Letta Mbulu one... going to listen to YouTube mix of this song and see what other songs are suggested.

Azania music hits the soul, bro :D. Deep!

Letta Mbulu's hubby

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #473 on: January 07, 2022, 09:33:51 PM »
Yet another haunting song from 1996 about the vanity of the life journey

Jan lays down and wrestles in her sleep
Moonlight spills on comic books
And superstars in magazines
An old friend calls and tells us where to meet
Her plane takes off from Baltimore
And touches down on Bourbon Street

We sit outside and argue all night long
About a god we've never seen
But never fails to side with me
Sunday comes and all the papers say
Ma Teresa's joined the mob
And happy with her full time job

Do do do do do do

Am I alive or thoughts that drift away?
Does summer come for everyone?
Can humans do as prophets say?
And if I die before I learn to speak
Can money pay for all the days I lived awake
But half asleep?

Do do do do do do

A life is time, they teach us growing up
The seconds ticking killed us all
A million years before the fall
You ride the waves and don't ask where they go
You swim like lions through the crest
And bathe yourself on zebra flesh

I've been downhearted baby,
I've been downhearted baby,
Ever since the day we met

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #474 on: January 08, 2022, 12:01:19 AM »
Hauuuuuwwwwiii. Diani Beach 2010 September to Nairobi. These two songs were rocking all the dancefloors viserious.

And of course walevi Kenyans were loving this song  :D

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #475 on: January 09, 2022, 08:47:08 PM »
I was never a country fan growing up, mpaka I lived in the South briefly, na hapo it cannot be avoided. Country music grows on you like a crazy girlfriend with mingi drama but is super attractive so you just learn to deal.

This song takes me back to summer 2009 when it had just been released. 10am jogs at my local park. And biking motivation from Sakokwabako wa RCB. I wonder what ever happened to him. I should go back and visit that place (local park) one day.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #476 on: January 13, 2022, 06:28:22 PM »
One of my Country faves of all time.
Don't blink. 50 years goes faster than we think, buddies.

• Enigma
« Reply #477 on: January 13, 2022, 09:10:53 PM »
Nice country numbers. 

Me, I grew up liking country(alongside other genres) with Don William and Kenny Rogers as the lead suspects.  I only realized that's it's "redneck" music when I got to the States  :D .

Jake Owen - Made For You

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #478 on: January 13, 2022, 09:28:13 PM »

If only they could do more of music and less of going after hopeless fellow African migrants...they have a beautiful country, but it can even be more so.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #479 on: January 15, 2022, 02:38:28 AM »
Just glad Sabelo Zuma and Reece won't be looting an African migrant spaza  :D .

y'ntsimbi Zase Envy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vOwxTqeRkY
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 07:13:42 PM by bitmask »

Harriet Tubman