Author Topic: Musical Interlude  (Read 133735 times)

Offline .

• Mega superstar
Re: Musical Interlude
« Reply #400 on: June 16, 2021, 09:37:18 PM »

Take me back to Summer 1996, man. Everything else is kelele.
Whatever happened to Total?

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #401 on: June 16, 2021, 09:45:36 PM »

Carni dancefloor manenos 1994-5 SMH. The remix was even more thorough. One needs a music system with serious bass to truly appreciate it.

If you didn't own anything from Karl Kani back in those days, too bad! Right before Tommy Hilfiger took over.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #402 on: June 16, 2021, 09:58:33 PM »

Hootie and the Blowfsh, man. This song reminds me of cheap beers, cigarette smoke in clubs and live bands when we would go clubbing
Friday nights after a week of grueling classes back in late 1996!

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #403 on: June 17, 2021, 08:31:20 PM »

I have this one on spotify, and was listening to it juzi as I drove past Kalamazoo :D on the way to a graduation in Lansing.  Good sound that can never age.

Another sound on that playlist was Joe Public

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #404 on: June 20, 2021, 05:29:11 PM »

I have this one on spotify, and was listening to it juzi as I drove past Kalamazoo :D on the way to a graduation in Lansing.  Good sound that can never age.

Another sound on that playlist was Joe Public

Thanks for this one Termie. These songs are timeless and seem to get better each year just like fine wine. Joe Public had some serious smashes during that era, man. Deep message too in this hit.

• Enigma
« Reply #405 on: June 22, 2021, 12:10:14 AM »
Shania Twain - Forever and for always

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #406 on: June 22, 2021, 09:13:01 PM »
Istokvela origi and the remake with the usual suspects!

Bafazi ba Azania are real good lookers bro  :D

• Enigma
« Reply #407 on: June 23, 2021, 06:19:02 PM »
Istokvela origi and the remake with the usual suspects!

Bafazi ba Azania are real good lookers bro  :D

Thanks for this set.  First one has unmistakable classic Mbaqanga beats that takes you all the way to kwazulu.  Then Oskido, professa etc back when these wazees were on top.  Yebo, no lie detected, the amayellowbone are nice nice kishenzi :D.

Another one from those wazees that sometimes still rings in my head.

Harriet Tubman

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #408 on: June 23, 2021, 09:40:00 PM »

Thanks for this set.  First one has unmistakable classic Mbaqanga beats that takes you all the way to kwazulu.  Then Oskido, professa etc back when these wazees were on top.  Yebo, no lie detected, the amayellowbone are nice nice kishenzi :D.

Another one from those wazees that sometimes still rings in my head.

Man man man, Y-Tjukutja has taken me back to 2013 when it ruled the airwaves.  Ahsante! Still a serious banger when listened to hata sasa. Mafikizolo seems to be timeless. Still unleashing hits that are charting to this day. Songs like these keep telling me that a trip back to Joh-beg after all these years is long overdue.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #409 on: June 23, 2021, 09:46:41 PM »

These song these song these song I tells ya brings bad bad baaaaaaad memories of yet another pretty and slim chick from yet another neighbouring African country I was into in 2005 when it came out I tells ya.
I remember it like it was yesterday. We hit the clubs together in the 4by 4 bumping this whole album. We sipped like 3 long Island Iced teas each all boo-d up at one hip hop club, Amazing time pamoja. After that club we went to a soul/jazz club at 2am for even crazier fun. On other nites we would end up at IHop in the wee hours of the morning after clubbing..jus talking and joking and laughing ritru bit ritru bit kabiza kabiza. If she is somaring this I bet she can't claim she doesn't remember those good times. Sasa the famiiar storyline tu. Kako presently married saddled with a toi. Isapite :D. Masiku zinaenda. 16 years and counting since!

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #410 on: June 29, 2021, 07:04:59 PM »
1998 was another awesome year, man

Been around the world to-nigh-yai-yaight! This song reminds me of my first jalopy ever. Heady times.

Before everyone started hating on Puff, he was the man back then;

"Quit that (uh-huh) You a big cat?
Where your chicks at? (where) where your whips at? (where dey at?)
Wherever you get stacks at, I'ma fix that
Everything that's big dreams, I did that"
.....BARS man :roll:

Who remembers TEB with their sing-songy half-rapping style? Simpler times. What was I doing in Summer 1998 (that's how I remember my time in the US - summers because they were always unforgettable :D) ? Colle. Road trips. Fawties. House Parties. Jazz and Blues. ATL manenos. Crazy work shifts. Pretty colle chickindees young and hot all over the place during classes. Those surely were the days.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #411 on: June 29, 2021, 07:36:06 PM »

Take the L train to 8th avenue

Grown folks music. I found NYC to be a very strange city. Only place in the world where you can be surrounded by millions of people from across the globe yet feel very alone.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #412 on: June 29, 2021, 08:17:59 PM »

Tzian parties in H-town that would go on till dawn, man. Wazee hukumbuka!

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #413 on: July 01, 2021, 10:28:07 AM »

These types of songs only sounded right when they came out of something like these like these like these in the 80s jameni. In between airforce '82 coup announcements of course. Majengo siendi tena.

• Enigma
« Reply #414 on: July 07, 2021, 04:05:34 PM »

These types of songs only sounded right when they came out of something like these like these like these in the 80s jameni. In between airforce '82 coup announcements of course. Majengo siendi tena.

Some of the most soothing sounds to come out 254.  You realize with time just how underrated them Mushrooms were.   

:D @ airforce coup announcements.  They did indeed play some bangers in between their drunken announcements.

Kenyan music is at its best when they keep it simple. 

Taxi Driver

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #415 on: July 20, 2021, 10:23:01 PM »

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #416 on: July 29, 2021, 08:03:20 PM »

Harriet Tubman

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #417 on: August 08, 2021, 07:11:14 PM »
Shuffle Muzik - Sgubu

Infectious beat. These gels these gels these gels i tells ya. Interesting to see that that tsotsi hat made famous by brown dash and many more in the 90s and 00's is still in fashion among the new generation to date.

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #418 on: August 08, 2021, 07:14:44 PM »

Offline .

• Mega superstar
« Reply #419 on: August 08, 2021, 07:24:38 PM »

When this album was released in Spring 1996, nobody knew how huge it would get. It ruled the summer fuaaaaa with no real competitors and still bumps quite nicely to this day. it also spawned Lauryn Hill who went on to sell a gazillion records on her freshman album, before going looney after all the rituals and Satanic stuff she had to perform to maintain her fame and fortune. Just like Lark Voorhies. Isapite. Fame and fortune aint no joke, ma brodas and sistrens.

Oooh la la la (refugee camp remix) brings nice mems of my old hooptie that kulad serious miles on roadtrips with lady and jamaa friends to different towns and cities around where we went to colle. The funny thing is we were so tight as buddies back then, now we are scattered all over the globe and do not even keep in touch. I remember it like it was yesterday. Echoes of our laughter in the car, these joints bumping, even what the ladies were wearing and what we were drinking. At some point the driver was getting drunk so he stopped the car by the side of the road and asked me to take over since he didn't want to get caught on a DUI by the po po! life is something else. Best friends can become strangers easy due to time and distance. Enjoy each moment because tomorrow is not promised buddies...is the moral of the story.