Author Topic: Goddess power ! Love this post.  (Read 4914 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Goddess power ! Love this post.
« on: November 02, 2014, 09:27:01 AM »
http://sharika3211.wordpress.com/2014/07/13/my-favourite-fictional-goddesses/

:)

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
Re: Goddess power ! Love this post.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 03:21:12 PM »
Hermione Granger, just nerdy enuff for me. :D

Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 03:52:07 PM »
I love her.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 04:11:32 PM »
Daenerys Targaryen isn't bad either. She came from a timid teenager forcefully sold into a marriage she didn't want, made the best of her situation as Karl Drogo's Queen, the Khaleesi, but after his death she forged her own path and became Queen in her own right, with her own loyal army and commanders and cities, all as a teen. Best of all, she frees slaves. :D

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 04:45:05 PM »
I've never seen that show. Is it good?

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 04:53:14 PM »
There is over-the-top sex and nudity, and I'm not exaggerating here or being prudish, it's for real, but you can get edited versions or just forward when there's no story being developed. However, the story is really, really good, too many twists and turns, many plotlines, intrigues, enough suspense and shockers to kep you on your toes. It's very irreverent, that story. Much like real life. You cant be sure that good guys will prevail and there are no sacred cows. The most important characters are killed off mercilessly, so you don't even know who the main character is at any point of the story. It hooks you completely, and I think the fights over power by the various mini-kingdoms and houses are in some ways like Kenyan tribal wars. It's obviously based on ancient Rome, at least that's my impression. I hear, though, from those who've read the books themselves, that significant material has been left out of the TV show, so if you're one of those Hermione types, maybe you'd prefer the books. :D For me, the TV show is engaging enough.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 05:07:02 PM »
Wow, you sound hooked !  :D

The fashion turns me off. I've seen the ads. Any show with long hair, medieval clothes, dungeons, dragons, castles, villages, is not my thing irrespective of how good the plot is.

I like shows wear they wear suits like law and order, CSI, white collar etc. crime shows.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 05:13:58 PM »

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 05:19:37 PM »
Wow, you sound hooked !  :D

The fashion turns me off. I've seen the ads. Any show with long hair, medieval clothes, dungeons, dragons, castles, villages, is not my thing irrespective of how good the plot is.

I like shows wear they wear suits like law and order, CSI, white collar etc. crime shows.
I see. You're not into fantasy/epic then,  :) prefer more realistic, relatable shows. I love law and order, by the way! I've been watching the SVU one the most, so it's the only one I know well enough. Oh wait, you love Harry Potter so I guess fantasy but in a more modern/relatable setting. I gatcha!  :D

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 05:45:24 PM »
Hermione is a witch I happened to see on the big screen many years ago while taking my little cousins to the movies. She was fierce and awesome. She empowers little girls, who wouldn't love her? Omg, I watched ONE Harry Potter film. I can't stand scifi. I generally detest science related documentaries, movies etc. so boring. I want to see blood, guts, mystery, intrigue.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 06:02:58 PM »
Hermione is a witch I happened to see on the big screen many years ago while taking my little cousins to the movies. She was fierce and awesome. She empowers little girls, who wouldn't love her? Omg, I watched ONE Harry Potter film. I can't stand scifi. I generally detest science related documentaries, movies etc. so boring. I want to see blood, guts, mystery, intrigue.
Lol! Blood, guts? You into horror flicks or just detective series?

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 06:09:05 PM »
I love horror. I luuuuuuuurrrrvvv trying to freak myself out which doesn't happen. Some films though catch you off guard. Like you jump by instinct and you think woah, how did that happen? I like watching the limits of human fear.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 08:49:27 PM »
I love horror. I luuuuuuuurrrrvvv trying to freak myself out which doesn't happen. Some films though catch you off guard. Like you jump by instinct and you think woah, how did that happen? I like watching the limits of human fear.
Wooot?  :D Ohhhh, no. Not me! I quit horrors many years ago. Images from the original Exorcist film are still in my mind and I saw that film more than 10 years ago. :o Veri, are you a thrill seeker? Would you, for example enjoy sky-diving or bunjee-jumping? You cannot pay me to do that. Fear is a most unpleasant experience for me. :D

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 03:59:55 AM »
I was a thrill seeker. Now I'm tired. I feel it in my bones.