Author Topic: Apple CEO Tpm Cook come outs  (Read 31711 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Apple CEO Tpm Cook come outs
« on: October 31, 2014, 11:33:41 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-29829763

This should be lesson to many homophobic folks to be careful coz gays are everywhere.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: Apple CEO Tpm Cook come outs
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 01:57:35 PM »
That's it, am smashing my iPad Air in protest. I can't possibly disseminate the Gospel off a faggot's brains
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 02:50:59 PM »
That is the one problem I have with gays.  The in your-face reminders.  I barely think of what my presumedly straight colleagues sleep with.  But a gay wants you to know he is getting jiggly with another man. 

Some people are just not interested.  It's not the same as hate.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 03:49:44 PM »
Gay men look hot together, and they don't perve you. I'm more comfortable with gay than straight men.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 03:59:37 PM »
Straight colleagues do not get harrassed often due to their sexual orientation, but gays do, so him speaking up about it may help another who is probably scared to come out for fear of being ridiculed or harrassed. The military "do not tell policy" (or something of the sort) was not until Obama's tenure repealed and even then it remains a problem. I have no problem with the man come out if it helps another. Many a man or woman have been pushed into the mentall illness category due to experiences dealt to them for being gay or different, whether at home or in the community. As you can see not even men of the clork are tolerant to them and are so quick to name call.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 04:07:11 PM »
Straight colleagues do not get harrassed often due to their sexual orientation, but gays do, so him speaking up about it may help another who is probably scared to come out for fear of being ridiculed or harrassed. The military "do not tell policy" (or something of the sort) was not until Obama's tenure repealed and even then it remains a problem. I have no problem with the man come out if it helps another. Many a man or woman have been pushed into the mentall illness category due to experiences dealt to them for being gay or different, whether at home or in the community. As you can see not even men of the clork are tolerant to them and are so quick to name call.

But how are you going to harass a gay unless he has told you he sleeps around with men?  Don't you think part of the "harassment" is a reaction to improper revelations?  If a boss tells a lady he is straight, would the lady be crazy to think he is making a pass at her?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 04:14:03 PM »

But how are you going to harass a gay unless he has told you he sleeps around with men?  Don't you think part of the "harassment" is a reaction to improper revelations?  If a boss tells a lady he is straight, would the lady be crazy to think he is making a pass at her?
He doesnt have to say anything...he could just be going around with his boyfriends and suddenly someone see's him and word spreads around before people begin acting funny. It could also be his choice to dress a certain way not considered 'manly' enough by mainsteam but true to his sexual orientation or preference before speculations at work or wherever start swirling wild. Its a no win situation...you are damned if you do damned if you dont.

Offline Kichwambaya

• Regular
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 04:18:34 PM »
I could never understand why ones sexual orientation bothers anybody.  Maybe most people just have the image of trailer trash prostitute gay men in their mind.  If you associate with proffessional open gay people you will never be bothered with them.  They are smart, they work hard just like everybody else and in the evening everybody goes their way and do their thing in their bedrooms and we meet again in the morning at work. Just knowing that they are gay does not bother me at all and I do not know why it should bother anyone.  They know each other and  I have never heard a straight person or a gay person complain that they are being bothered or sexually harrassed by a gay man. On the other hand I have seen a lot of sexual harrassment cases being brought against straight men by women. Gay people should not be told to hide their sexual orientation. If they want to come-out and declare that they are proud to be gay-so be it. 

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 04:20:10 PM »

He doesnt have to say anything...he could just be going around with his boyfriends and suddenly someone see's him and word spreads around before people begin acting funny. It could also be his choice to dress a certain way not considered 'manly' enough by mainsteam but true to his sexual orientation or preference before speculations at work or wherever start swirling wild. Its a no win situation...you are damned if you do damned if you dont.
I think as long as the law protects him, that should be enough.  I get the impression that a lot of gays not only want protection of the law, but that we also appreciate the lifestyle.  That for me is where I draw the line. 

Harriet Tubman

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 04:24:14 PM »
I think as long as the law protects him, that should be enough.  I get the impression that a lot of gays not only want protection of the law, but that we also appreciate the lifestyle.  That for me is where I draw the line. 

I dont think its as much "appreciate the lifestyle" as it is to accept them as equals..... The law has always been there but so is the intolerance. We do not have to like or appreciate that lifestyle but thier rights we must defend , as well as accept them as whole individials with all the complexities that come with it.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 04:29:02 PM »
I could never understand why ones sexual orientation bothers anybody.  Maybe most people just have the image of trailer trash prostitute gay men in their mind.  If you associate with proffessional open gay people you will never be bothered with them.  They are smart, they work hard just like everybody else and in the evening everybody goes their way and do their thing in their bedrooms and we meet again in the morning at work. Just knowing that they are gay does not bother me at all and I do not know why it should bother anyone.  They know each other and  I have never heard a straight person or a gay person complain that they are being bothered or sexually harrassed by a gay man. On the other hand I have seen a lot of sexual harrassment cases being brought against straight men by women. Gay people should not be told to hide their sexual orientation. If they want to come-out and declare that they are proud to be gay-so be it. 

Lol, Eeish Kichwa,kwani those "trailer trash gays" are not people?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 04:34:31 PM »
I have yet to understand why it is important to tell the World. Does he become properly gay after telling? Why should I know his sexual preferences? Should we soon be filling a form declaring "Gay", "Straight" or "Both". I think it is a private matter and should remain so.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 04:50:01 PM »
I dont think its as much "appreciate the lifestyle" as it is to accept them as equals..... The law has always been there but so is the intolerance. We do not have to like or appreciate that lifestyle but thier rights we must defend , as well as accept them as whole individials with all the complexities that come with it.
Mya, what does accepting someone as an equal mean? If I think its something that should not be done, for example, but I don't carelessly blurt this to a gay person and otherwise treat them exactly as I treat any other individual, is that equal treatment? From many many people who comment on this issue, the impression I get is that even the belief/opinion that you may hold that its not cool for men to have sex with other men, however privately held, is still some form of terrible sin or oppression of gay people. Which leads me to think that indeed the goal is not equal treatment but positive affirmation of it regardless of what you think. I don't think gay people are subhuman or aliens or demons, they are just like everyone else, some really nice people and some incorrigible ones. I can even hear a tale about a boyfriend/relationship without cringing at all and talk about it with them. But if I am in a position where I must state if I think it's ok and keeping quiet isn't exactly an option, I will not lie either, because I think its not. To some people, it doesn't matter how you actually treat gay people, how you really are with them. What they want to control is your thoughts/values/beliefs, which I find to be just a reverse form of oppression. I have had friends who are someone's mistress, and we have been able to be friends without me feelng like I have to positively affirm that lifestyle. You rarely ever have to give such judgments to your friends, anyway, but my general impression is that gay is off-limits. No one is allowed to entertain ideas that there may be something not quite right about it.
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 05:03:55 PM »
It's all very well to say "there is the law to protect them", "we don't need to know", "heterosexuals never announce it", etc.

The first thing that has to be recognized is that heterosexuality is taken to be the "norm".  People don't have to "announce" it because it is taken to be the "default".   The other thing, of course, is that there is no big deal to it: there is nobody who, out of fear, has to hide the fact that he or she is heterosexual.

Second, point to the law and so on is unhelpful, because we all know that there is a great deal of discrimination against gays and that some of it can get very nasty, law or no law.

Third, in most places, even where nominally accepted, gays are not permitted certain things that heterosexuals take as a "right"---for example, public displays of affection.

The reasons why they "come out" or "announce it" are actually quite straightforward.   One is that "living a lie" or hiding ones true self inevitably has a high psychological cost.     At some point many take the wiser option.   The second, and very important reason, is to offer moral support to others of their orientation, especially those who still  feel that they must hide who they really are.   I do not have the slightest doubt that many homosexuals have found some "comfort" in Cook's announcement.

In regard to the last point, it is enlightening to consider the early history of Christianity, especially in the Roman Empire.    It was a tough life and in many ways not dissimilar to the situation with gays.   "Coming out" as a Christian was a very risk thing; but people would do it, and other Christians "in the closest" claimed to find it supportive when others "came out", especially if it was a "big person".   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 05:19:02 PM »
He probably wants to get married to his man, hence the public disclosure. Gays are people and deserve the same rights as anyone else.

Offline jakoyo

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 05:36:04 PM »
This is a very unfortunate comment from somebody like you. FYI being gay does not neccesarily equate to having sex with a person of same gender.

We live in a very judgmental world when rumor mills go overdrive of persons sexuality. Especially prominent people. most gay people would like to keep it private but the rumor mills and pressure from within and without forces them to declare it in the open.

That is the one problem I have with gays.  The in your-face reminders.  I barely think of what my presumedly straight colleagues sleep with.  But a gay wants you to know he is getting jiggly with another man.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 06:05:28 PM »
@Kadame

Accepting one as equal simply means they are human and should be treated the same way you would want to be treated. Its also within our rights to demand such....if am not wrong the bible even teaches us that.

What they want to control is your thoughts/values/beliefs, which I find to be just a reverse form of oppression
Now I dont knoe where you get the impression that they want to control your thoughts....I dont really think anyone can control your thoughts unless you are a robot, or you blindly let them. I think even if you dont agree with homosexuality, its not politically correct to go shouting to the world that you dislike thier values and belief system because ie its against your religion. Civility dictates that you keep those to yourself or at a minimum share with close associates who share your thoughts......... That is the way muslim extremists think of christians...... they have no room for tolerance for the sake of peacefull co-habitation...infact as they blow up women and children they are thinking that..

to be continued

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 06:06:46 PM »
Enlighten me. This is interesting as it has remained my source of irritation. I have no problem with people sleeping with whomever they want. I have a problem when I am required to know about it. It looks like it not enough to be left alone. They want me to acknowledge that they are gay. That coming when I have not seen it fit to announce that I sleep only with women, is an irritant.

So now you say gays are still gays even as they sleep with women or vice versa. I had no idea. I thought the sine qua non of gayism was exactly that!
This is a very unfortunate comment from somebody like you. FYI being gay does not neccesarily equate to having sex with a person of same gender.

We live in a very judgmental world when rumor mills go overdrive of persons sexuality. Especially prominent people. most gay people would like to keep it private but the rumor mills and pressure from within and without forces them to declare it in the open.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 06:07:30 PM »
They are winning. The next crime will be preaching against homosexuality. That will be bigotry. The will vilify churches preaching thus as intolerant, nudge Catholicism to shift the boundaries and they will gladly oblige. I think the next generation of heroes will be gay activists, thre are one too many low lying fruits in this area
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 06:09:43 PM »
Enlighten me. This is interesting as it has remained my source of irritation. I have no problem with people sleeping with whomever they want. I have a problem when I am required to know about it. It looks like it not enough to be left alone. They want me to acknowledge that they are gay.

Omollo:

Why exactly does it bother you?   The announcement was not "I wish to have Omollo know that I am gay".  Did he ask you, or anyone else, to "acknowledge" anything? Has it occurred to you that the announcement could well have been directed at other gays, for the last reason I give above?  You and others could save yourselves the "irritation" by simply ignoring the announcement; write about others things instead of  getting worked up over this one.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.