Author Topic: Kalenjins unleash violence on Raila and crew  (Read 4663 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Kalenjins unleash violence on Raila and crew
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2022, 01:06:02 PM »
What do you mean low EI? I would call Luo violence as a mere political tool but Kalenjin violence has always been economic tool - the first recorded violence btw Kalenjin and Kikuyus happen in 50s - and this was mainly on business license - Kalenjin businessnen wanted to evict the Kikuyu merchant class - now post 60 & 70s - it morphed into land cum business - Kalenjin ambition remain to reclaim the land and secondly to kick kikuyu (mostly kicked out) business class from their midst. The Luos dont have such ambition - theirs is mainly to get power. So Kalenjin political class do find a willing user - who will directly benefit from any such violence. In fact it's kalenjin politician who most of them time hold them down. I am not sure about Nandis - but I am 100 percent sure Kipsigis desire or ambition remain to kick kikuyus and occupy their land - they are just waiting for opportunity of or for violence. Therefore if august present that opportunity - they will kick kikuyus even if they vote Ruto for 90 percent - as long as Ruto doesnt win - they will get beaten - the whole idea being to slowly uproot them from their farms. There is no love lost. Nandis I think have given up - pretty much on economic front - selling land to almost everyone - Kipsigis remain insular like Njuri merus - generally refusing to sell their land to other kabilas - generally being hostile to foreigners in their midst unless they are workers - and also facing very serious land pressure.

In conclusion - I would avoid any situation that present savages the opportunity to go to war - while a few politically minded will be fighting politics - majority will be busy stealing cattle - and eviting folks - killing or burning business rival premises - and such. I saw it all in 2007 - political class fighting their wars - business class fighting theirs - warriors just stealing and looting - and others committing atrocities that would tell the landed class they better sell their land or never comeback for they are not welcomed. Some settling personal scores. It why we need to do everything to avoid a situation where political class raise the war cry - that is all they need to do - no organization - no money - the people are ready - the war will finance itself.

Back to the issue of kalenjins sactioning violence as a political tool it is a sad reality but  everyone has to come t9 this realization and put that in their political calculus.

I have talked to kikuyus peasants who have grown up in rv and they attribute this use of violence to a low emotional intelligence. Every kikuyu now works on two plans. Those living in rv have an escape plan a sanctuary land or house outside rv. Decades of violence has taught them that they can't naive about intentions of kalenjin community. Here I am talking of Nandis and kipsigis mainly

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2022, 01:18:48 PM »
It is not me it is the kikuyu residents. I interview them when I meet them. Pressing to get their real views on kalenjins. I use journalistic approach being objective and focusing the conversation. This has been recurring theme about what they think is the reason why your people result to violence. I agree displacement to take opportunities and land is the main thing but on the ploteriati level they chuck kalenjins behavior to low EQ. The last I met is a 26 year old girl from rv. Her parents own local hustles and has had a lot of interaction and has grown up with kalenjins. This was her assessment. Her family is in process of building life outside rv and just coming there for hustles or business.

You may be right it is mainly a kipsigis problem. Who owns the land around eldoret? How many kikuyus are settled among Nandis. I think we need to start talking about kalenjins from subtribe..point. it makes we need to be clear on this differentiation. It is important

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2022, 01:23:36 PM »
Yes there is of course a certain level of jealousy involved - kikuyus are industrious - and generally turn around even the toughest of places to be productive - but beyond that - is the feeling that land they occupy in RV belong historically to Kalenjin - and the immigrants are there as guest - to be kicked out if they misbehave. Maasai harbour the same feelings - they just dont have the capacity to kick people out. The coastarians of course.

All in all - these are demons that Uhuru is busy waking up - by undoing the kikuyu-kalenjin peace deal - and results will be uglier than 2007.

It is not me it is the kikuyu residents. I interview them when I meat them. Pressing to get their real views on kalenjins. This has been recurring theme about what they think is the reason why your people result to violence. I agree displacement to take opportunities and land is the main thing but on the ploteriati level they chuck kalenjins behavior to low EQ. The last I met is a 26 year old girl from rv. Her parents own local hustles and has had a lot of interaction and has grown up with kalenjins. This was her assessment. Her family is in process of building life outside rv and just coming there for hustles or business.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2022, 06:08:36 PM »
I see we are back to Ruto must win or else. Ati Uhuru must be neutral... like seriously. Ati SCORK is now captured..  cause they threw out basic structure nonsense. When they were independent you called them wakora network. In short it's your way or the highway.

Luckily Uhuru and Raila are not cowards. Kalenjin will behead a few peasants - Kikuyu hustlers 8) - Raila will still be sworn in.

War is a lose-lose for Ruto: he still loses power and obliterates UDA. In the end Ruto & Kalenjin will have to grow up, learn to take a loss and sulk quietly. Many people have lost elections and life goes on.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2022, 06:21:45 PM »
Here is Uhuru take; NO raila; NO peace. Kimerogwa

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2022, 06:22:24 PM »
As long as Raila win clean - hamna shida.
I see we are back to Ruto must win or else. Ati Uhuru must be neutral... like seriously. Ati SCORK is now captured..  cause they threw out basic structure nonsense. When they were independent you called them wakora network. In short it's your way or the highway.

Luckily Uhuru and Raila are not cowards. Kalenjin will behead a few peasants - Kikuyu hustlers 8) - Raila will still be sworn in.

War is a lose-lose for Ruto: he still loses power and obliterates UDA. In the end Ruto & Kalenjin will have to grow up, learn to take a loss and sulk quietly. Many people have lost elections and life goes on.