Author Topic: Something extremely wrong with Kenya  (Read 780 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Something extremely wrong with Kenya
« on: March 30, 2022, 07:06:16 PM »
And it has everything to do with policy.
A teenager being given a car just for passing KCPE is way out of line.
Most Kenyans cant even feed families because they have no jobs. Such extravagancy should be addressed at the policy level. The 1% dont even feel any pain when fuel prices shoot thru the roof. Taxation to build infrastructure to get people employed will address these kinda lavish spending.
It is also a moral issue when you give a teen a 10million vehicle in a country of starving kids.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2022-03-30-girl-awarded-new-land-cruiser-tx-for-scoring-over-400-marks-in-kcpe/

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Something extremely wrong with Kenya
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 07:13:35 PM »
All this is done for clout. It ends in tears for such kids.
These are ghetto fabulous joneses..my childhood friend dad was swimming in money in the 80s and early 90s. He used fo get 200 shs as lunch money in the village in 1980s. We tried to spend that money and we couldn't use it all..then came economic crash of 1990s and his dad went broke. My buddy just saw him last year in in bad shape. I really teared up seeing him like that..he was so generous to. Right now I have but him on stipend coz I can't load him with money it will kill him. Once I make it back home I plan to put him in a rehab. Parents have to be careful with such lifestyles they can affect kids and make them not adjust easily if things go sideways

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 09:43:58 PM »
Warren Buffet told his son "no inheritance" after my death so he bought him land  in Nebrska and said youre on your own.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 10:06:13 PM »
Warren Buffet told his son "no inheritance" after my death so he bought him land  in Nebrska and said youre on your own.

In heritance is not big deal. The issue is giving kids too much money that they can't adjust when things change.  Being a responsible parent and not some douchebag that is showing off thru kids

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 10:21:23 PM »
Thats not wrong with Kenya. Every country has misfits and showoffs.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2022, 11:55:06 PM »
All this is done for clout. It ends in tears for such kids.
These are ghetto fabulous joneses..my childhood friend dad was swimming in money in the 80s and early 90s. He used fo get 200 shs as lunch money in the village in 1980s. We tried to spend that money and we couldn't use it all..then came economic crash of 1990s and his dad went broke. My buddy just saw him last year in in bad shape. I really teared up seeing him like that..he was so generous to. Right now I have but him on stipend coz I can't load him with money it will kill him. Once I make it back home I plan to put him in a rehab. Parents have to be careful with such lifestyles they can affect kids and make them not adjust easily if things go sideways

I hear most people who doing really good during Kibaki's era fell off.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 01:57:57 AM »
I thought you have to be 18 to drive in kenya! Now the poor kid has to wait 5yrs to drive? Some gift don't make sense.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2022, 02:32:54 AM »
Kenya is an extremely corrupt country and unfortunately, after the British left, we were left with corrupt people getting money but with no refinement and you can see these people all over social media. I have no idea where they are getting their cash from but you can tell that they've grown up in the slums and ghetto's of Nairobi.  Basically, a majority of the people in Nairobi are now from the slums and ghetto's with no education, no refinement, they don't travel (they can't get visa's), they can't speak swahili (they speak in sheng) and that is what Nairobi's population has become --- ghetto slum dwellers running around with corrupt money.

Offline Githunguri

• Enigma
  • Raila Odinga.President of the Republic of Kenya.
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2022, 01:35:12 PM »
That's very foolish

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2022, 05:49:40 PM »
It is a global sickness afflicting people who cannot reconcile their celeb status with being eternally broke surviving on cheap gigs.
Then you have another set wanting clicks and views on their blogs and online videos- they will pick any photo and make even an imaginary story.

It is further being fueled by a crazy following of poor girls setting standards in all these social media platforms.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2022, 05:54:59 PM »
Mzungu lowlifes set no moral standards. After killings, raping, stealing land, forcing nyeuthi to forced labour and positioning their weak and moronic collaborators. What we are seeing is exactly what was happening in 'Happy valley' with Delameres, Karens, name your epic britons. Lowlifes, misfits, drugs, alcohol, killings, poaching, syphilis.

Kenya is an extremely corrupt country and unfortunately, after the British left, we were left with corrupt people getting money but with no refinement and you can see these people all over social media. I have no idea where they are getting their cash from but you can tell that they've grown up in the slums and ghetto's of Nairobi.  Basically, a majority of the people in Nairobi are now from the slums and ghetto's with no education, no refinement, they don't travel (they can't get visa's), they can't speak swahili (they speak in sheng) and that is what Nairobi's population has become --- ghetto slum dwellers running around with corrupt money.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2022, 07:45:37 PM »
This is the problem with Kenyans copying americans on social media.  Kim Kardashian and Kanya actually have money.  People like the wajesus family have no money and are seeking "fame" from poverty stricken people.  Kenyans need to stop copying Americans on social media. They are two different countries. Young kenyans from the ghetto are clueless about the west. They've never travelled except maybe to Dubai or turkey or sponsored trips but they're busy watching Kanya and Kim that actually have money and they think they can imitate them. It's madness.

The mzungu's in happy valley had land. These one's from the slums and ghetto's have zero.