Author Topic: Zelensky To Address Congress  (Read 396 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Zelensky To Address Congress
« on: March 16, 2022, 04:02:32 PM »
He is like a Ukrainian Ben Gurion.

I believe it will be shown here https://www.c-span.org/video/?518685-1/ukrainian-president-zelensky-addresses-congress
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Re: Zelensky To Address Congress
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 09:02:48 PM »
Honestly, though, Termi, what will this change as far as the war?

The thing that will make a difference is direct involvement by the US. Are they going to change their minds on that after a passionate address from Kyiv?

I expect he'll make another stab at trying to get them to launch WW3 for his NATO ambitions.

I expect they'll be very friendly and superficially supportive while in practice ending up telling him to go jump in a lake as far as the thing he's REALLY asking for is concerned.

Then I expect he'll continue to be more serious about more concessions with his negotiations with Russia as it continues to really sink that these Western folk lied to him and his predecessors for eight years.

So the only people I expect to benefit from this are Western media and their high ratings, once more.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Zelensky To Address Congress
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 09:12:07 PM »
Honestly, though, Termi, what will this change as far as the war?

The thing that will make a difference is direct involvement by the US. Are they going to change their minds on that after a passionate address from Kyiv?

I expect he'll make another stab at trying to get them to launch WW3 for his NATO ambitions.

I expect they'll be very friendly and superficially supportive while in practice ending up telling him to go jump in a lake as far as the thing he's REALLY asking for is concerned.

Then I expect he'll continue to be more serious about more concessions with his negotiations with Russia as it continues to really sink that these Western folk lied to him and his predecessors for eight years.

So the only people I expect to benefit from this are Western media and their high ratings, once more.

More weapons.  That's all they need.  He may not get everything he wants.  But he puts pressure on the west - especially America - to do more.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman