Author Topic: 1982 August - 2022 August  (Read 1440 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
1982 August - 2022 August
« on: March 14, 2022, 01:23:20 PM »
That marks exactly 40yrs quest for the house in the hill by one Raila Odinga.
That is my age.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: 1982 August - 2022 August
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 02:27:52 PM »
It seems you have rippened just like him. :D :D :D

That is my age.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 03:30:31 PM »
Respect for babu. Amejaribu kweli.
It seems you have rippened just like him. :D :D :D

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 03:41:07 PM »
That is my age.

Luto has been thieving since 1992 the year Kenyans got to know of Youth for KANU.
Click here: https://images.app.goo.gl/4fSpH1TADg8xgH7V6
By his estimates, the thieving under cover of politics was to get him to the house by the hill in 2022.That marks exactly 30yrs!  8)

Unless you are a Mandela, In politics they say the presidency is won by he or she who wants it most. Uhuru wanted it so badly - more than Raila - in 2013 coz of ICC cases. In 2022 who wants it more?

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 04:38:39 PM »
That is my age.

Twitter Handle loudly proclaims: "Kenya's Online Political Pundit of more than 30yrs"

I meticously watch all sort of indicators including opinion polls and of course my 30yr experience reading kenya politics

@Pundit and the ladies, same whatsApp group. Dont ask him about his age.
Weuh! He has been blogging since 10 years :D :wee_hee:. Us at 10 we were in boarding school, minding school work.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 04:49:11 PM »
Raila has been at the center of every struggle in kenya. He was a teenager on the eve of independence and has lived long in the struggle to be where he is. He is one in a lifetime personality. We won't see another of this kind in our lifetime

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 04:58:06 PM »
Yes we wont see a perennial loser who 40yrs just cannot figure out how to win.
Ruto in 1992 was 24yr old university student.
Raila in 1982 was plotting for overthrow of gov - and made his maiden run in 1997.
Ruto has never run for PORK
And is looking shoe in.
Now that is one in lifetime politician
Raila has been at the center of every struggle in kenya. He was a teenager on the eve of independence and has lived long in the struggle to be where he is. He is one in a lifetime personality. We won't see another of this kind in our lifetime

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2022, 05:01:28 PM »
And you in 1992, you were 10 years, in primary and blogging and still blogging 30 years on.
Raila in 1982 was plotting for overthrow of gov - and made his maiden run in 1997.
And is looking shoe in.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2022, 05:03:21 PM »
 :D :D :D
His name betrays him.
Luto has been thieving since 1992 the year Kenyans got to know of Youth for KANU.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2022, 05:03:35 PM »
I started politics when I was in std 6. Those days I use to immerse myself in tonnes of newspapers & magazines - my father was avid reader - then I would listen to BBC - while herding cattle. I was generally in doors - people saw me first time in my village after my high school :) - it was either me reading in the couch or guarding cows when it was my turn - which was like one day a month. In 1992 I was so engrossed in politics with some friends - we had nicknames for some guys that lasted - one was Jaramogi - another Matiba (died recently) - by high school I think I knew nearly all kenya politics since 1960s - I had basically read newspapers from 1960s - my dad library was full room - and I would sneak through the ceiling when he was out of town - and fish many - eventually my brothers discovered my trick - and saw money in old newspapers - to be sold to butcheries. By time my father discovered - half the newspapers were gone. He discovered I like politics - so he would daily give me newspapers after he finished reading.

Btw this was remnant of library - because Moi had in 1989 arrested my dad for sedition - and when police led by DO had come searching - and found nothing - my mother did not want to risk anything - so we carted all the books and dumped it into pit latrines...the entire lot. I am not sure why it wasnt burnt? The DO had ransacked the entire house, library, bedroom, looking for Mwakenya.

My father spend the weekend on police station - and eventually was released for lack of evidence.  He found nearly all his books in the pit latrine :) :) - I think it was new pit - and he probably retrieved some of them :) :) My memory is hazy - all I remember is police with jungle jackets kicking the door down - then they left - and we started to cart the books into a pit.

He blamed Isaac Salat father for that - my father was into siasa, was hot-headed, and had no time for Moi - he was also always reading something - so Salat told the DO my father was reading Mwakenya and other banned newspaper. It was true my father would bring all the yellow rags when in Nairobi - those days it was only way to read real news.

And you in 1992, you were 10 years, in primary and blogging and still blogging 30 years on.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2022, 05:17:32 PM »

Lol, kweli! There's a reason the people have christened him 'Baba' and it has stuck. Don't know why Pundit is salty. :D

Kenyan siasa after RAO is out of the picture is nearly unimaginable. A strange thing to picture. Have no idea who I'll support. I'm sure I won't support anyone in a very long time.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2022, 05:18:17 PM »
And is looking shoe in.

Do not just hate raila. He has had his contributions. Let us see rutos. His 8 year as dp has been a disaster to the kenyan economy

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2022, 05:19:53 PM »
That is my age.

This cost him 2002 elections  , Moi used this reason to by pass him for KANU nomination
The other things which cost him was him betraying Kibaki and fighting him from 2003 to 2007 -
And the 3rd him betraying Ruto and chasing him away from ODM and instigating ICC cases .
Fortunately or unfortunately however one looks at it  Raila will never Be Kenyan President .

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2022, 05:24:38 PM »
Generally I have never liked Raila.
I supported him in 2007 but like most Kalenjin just out of anger and spite for Kibaki.
It would have been the worse decision - and many kalenjin are thankful kibaki rigged.
Raila just lacks the temparent to be PORK.
Only those that DO NOT LOVE kenya will vote for Raila.
Raila is Amin...he would make Moi look like a saint.
He is a vile angry dictator who will likely plunge kenya into a civil war.
Like people use to say he remain One Dangerous Man.
I have read and known kenya politician inside out....inside out...Raila is a NO.
I have been with Raila in two elections.
2002 - I was deep into NARC campaign and like I have said - we ate lunch with Raila in the xmas of 2002 - I was university student.
He had decided to pay homage in our neigberhour who like him had been put under house arrest for 30yrs by Kenyatta for trying to
overthrow gov in 1972.
He was the ambassador of China - and allegation were China/USSR had funded Jaramogi through him to ovethrwo gov.
The son was running for Narc and being our friends - I was involved in the campaigns
After Kibaki became a tribal chieftain - I stopped engaging in direct politics or attending rallies.
Lol, kweli! There's a reason the people have christened him 'Baba' and it has stuck. Don't know why Pundit is salty. :D

Kenyan siasa after RAO is out of the picture is nearly unimaginable. A strange thing to picture. Have no idea who I'll support. I'm sure I won't support anyone in a very long time.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2022, 05:25:33 PM »
Once Raila is out of the picture then Kenyan Politics will change for the good . 3 Things he did which are not acceptable
1. 1982 Coup
2. 2007-2008 P.E.V
3. Swearing Himself in.

Even the Almighty Will make sure he never sees anything near the  Big Seat .

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2022, 05:30:15 PM »
God loved Kenya enough it never allowed 1) Matiba to win in 1992 and 2) Raila never - Matiba had gone mad - Raila has always been mad. As PORK - he will turn kenya upside down.
Once Raila is out of the picture then Kenyan Politics will change for the good . 3 Things he did which are not acceptable
1. 1982 Coup
2. 2007-2008 P.E.V
3. Swearing Himself in.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2022, 05:30:41 PM »
I started politics when I was in std 6. Those days I use to immerse myself in tonnes of newspapers & magazines - my father was avid reader - then I would listen to BBC - while herding cattle. I was generally in doors - people saw me first time in my village after my high school :) - it was either me reading in the couch or guarding cows when it was my turn - which was like one day a month. In 1992 I was so engrossed in politics with some friends - we had nicknames for some guys that lasted - one was Jaramogi - another Matiba (died recently) - by high school I think I knew nearly all kenya politics since 1960s - I had basically read newspapers from 1960s - my dad library was full room - and I would sneak through the ceiling when he was out of town - and fish many - eventually my brothers discovered my trick - and saw money in old newspapers - to be sold to butcheries. By time my father discovered - half the newspapers were gone. He discovered I like politics - so he would daily give me newspapers after he finished reading.

Btw this was remnant of library - because Moi had in 1989 arrested my dad for sedition - and when police led by DO had come searching - and found nothing - my mother did not want to risk anything - so we carted all the books and dumped it into pit latrines...the entire lot. I am not sure why it wasnt burnt? The DO had ransacked the entire house, library, bedroom, looking for Mwakenya.

My father spend the weekend on police station - and eventually was released for lack of evidence.  He found nearly all his books in the pit latrine :) :) - I think it was new pit - and he probably retrieved some of them :) :) My memory is hazy - all I remember is police with jungle jackets kicking the door down - then they left - and we started to cart the books into a pit.

He blamed Isaac Salat father for that - my father had was into siasa, was hot-headed, and had no time for Moi - he was also always reading something - so Salat told the DO my father was reading Mwakenya and other banned newspaper. It was true my father would bring all the yellow rags when in Nairobi - those days it was only way to read real news.

We share same passion but I was very outgoing. Always been  very talkative. I started attending campaigns at 9 years. I was very active in 1983 campaigns in a naive way. By 1988 I had discovered how flawed moi was and how useless his govt was. I wanted someone to tame him. When kibaki got demoted to moh and didn't resign I was done with his cowardice. Enter matiba who was rigged in kiharu in 1988 but fought back. He became my guy and by 1990 I was already publishing a weekly mwakenya in my high school. I gave away that seditious magazine to my friends when I finally left that school for embu. My mum is like me but a very polite and humble me. I brass like my dad and fearless like him. My mum was a teacher actually schooled in the same college as late Lucy kibaki was. My mum has read almost every literature book she laid her hands on. From Chinua Achebe, ngugi wathiongo..so from as early as 7 years she narrated these books to me. Taught me the politics, sociology as learnt it and history of kenya. Even today she usually right on the money in reading the political scene. Never participates but can't call the election without a MOAS.

Anyway I say you can't replace great parents and I have great ones. They created a patriot in me.

My dad used to have 3 newspapers and would buy weekly review. My neighbor would buy the gatabaki magazine and bring to me to read so that we could discuss the siasa. He was a kanu diehard but loved to hear my perspective..I will die a sad man because I never pursued politics or economics. I wanted to be a strategist or consultant in a think tank. But I still got 2 decades left in me to live

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2022, 05:31:35 PM »
1. 1982 Coup
2. 2007-2008 P.E.V
3. Swearing Himself in.

Rafiki, Noway, despite our differences in .ke politics, I actually like you, because you're very respectful, generally. Don't think I've seen you or Kadudu insult anyone, yet. :D

But this Kenyan habit of projecting our own parochial biases onto the Almighty should really stop. :D It's blasphemous. You have no idea what God thinks about this vs that politician, Noway. Please stop pretending you do. I'm a pretty religious person and you'll never catch me dead making God my partisan political buddy in either Kenyan or Global politics. Perhaps if God had a favorite, like us, it would really shock us to find out who. Hiyo mambo ya Mungu kwa siasa tutige, tafadhali. :)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2022, 05:35:16 PM »
Yes I can see that same passion in you. I never really became a radical...Kibaki ended belief in kenya politics being anything but ethnic...and I became ethnic. My radicalism ended in high school when I was expelled. My dad gave me good pep talk - and I stopped being a radical.
We share same passion but I was very outgoing. Always been  very talkative. I started attending campaigns at 9 years. I was very active in 1983 campaigns in a naive way. By 1988 I have discovered how flawed moi was and how useless his govt was. I wanted someone to tame him. When kibaki got demoted to moh and didn't resign I was done with his cowardice. Enter matiba who was rigged in kiharu in 1988 but fought back. He became my guy and by 1990 I was already publishing a weekly mwakenya in my high school. I gave away that seditious magazine to my friends when I finally left that school for embu. My mum is like me but a very polite and humble me. I brass like my dad and fearless like him. My mum was a teacher actually schooled in the same college Lucy kibaki was. My mum has ready almost every literature book she laid her hands on. From China achieve, ngugi wathiongo..so from as early as 7 years she narrated this books to me. Taught me the sociology as learnt it and history of kenya. Even today she usually right on the money in reading the political scene. Never participates but can't call the election without a MOAS.

Anyway I say you can't replace great parents and I have great ones. They created a patriot in me.

My dad used to have 3 newspapers and would buy weekly review. My neighbor would buy the gatabaki magazine and bring to me to read so that we could discuss the siasa. He was a kanu diehard but loved to hear my perspective..I will day sad because I never pursues politics or economics. I wanted to be a strategist or consultant in a think tank.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2022, 05:47:55 PM »

Dear Mami , I have been on this blogosphere for more than 20 years .  If you have seen my posts before you will know Railas father Jaramogi Oginga Odinga is my hero . I have been on record for having supported Raila in 1992 elections .
However we cannot ignore the three things aforementioned which nearly cost Kenya as a nation . This is the antithesis of being a President and yes as witnessed in 2013 and 2017 - Leadership comes from Almighty . There is a reason why Raila lost 2007,2013 and 2017 elections even with a good backing locally and internationally . Raila has never repented for these 3 things 

1. 1982 Coup
2. 2007-2008 P.E.V
3. Swearing Himself in.

Rafiki, Noway, despite our differences in .ke politics, I actually like you, because you're very respectful, generally. Don't think I've seen you or Kadudu insult anyone, yet. :D

But this Kenyan habit of projecting our own parochial biases onto the Almighty should really stop. :D It's blasphemous. You have no idea what God thinks about this vs that politician, Noway. Please stop pretending you do. I'm a pretty religious person and you'll never catch me dead making God my partisan political buddy in either Kenyan or Global politics. Perhaps if God had a favorite, like us, it would really shock us to find out who. Hiyo mambo ya Mungu kwa siasa tutige, tafadhali. :)