Author Topic: Article that summarize on africans in Ukraine situation  (Read 610 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Article that summarize on africans in Ukraine situation
« on: March 05, 2022, 08:22:22 PM »
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2022/03/10891492/african-students-ukraine-racism

Well written and summarized. I was able to do my part and hopefully If my time of need comes I will reap the rewards of this

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Re: Article that summarize on africans in Ukraine situation
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 08:15:16 AM »
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2022/03/10891492/african-students-ukraine-racism

Well written and summarized. I was able to do my part and hopefully If my time of need comes I will reap the rewards of this
That was very noble of you, Plato. I know you're some kind of atheist but I believe someone exists who notes these things done for "the least of these." Mungu akubariki. :D

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 02:47:02 PM »

That was very noble of you, Plato. I know you're some kind of atheist but I believe someone exists who notes these things done for "the least of these." Mungu akubariki. :D
Thank you for rhe kind words.  We still have about 1500 students stuck in sumy. There is a great team working to find a way to rescue them. They are trapped because their area is under seige and the only option may be to ask Russia thru diplomatic channels to provide them with a safe corridor but People fear they may be taken and used as bargaining chip in this war. It would be a something if 17 year girls were kidnapped. These girls are terrified they are traumatized having to run every time they here a bit of sound. They were saying Friday night they counted 6 missiles landing near them

There are a lot of Africans in diaspora and people from other races who have been working tirelessly. The Nigerians especially two women who grew up abroad in UK, Canada and UK are the ones who got the group together and thru their efforts they were able to fight back the narrative that Africans or foreigners in Ukraine were not being discriminated against. They have no prior experience but the are doing jobs that embassies and govts in Africa are funded for.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 03:03:05 PM »
Where can one find this group? Facebook? WhatsApp?

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 03:27:30 PM »
I will post a link. They do not have a page they just started last week after seeing stories of students stuck in Ukraine or at the border. But they do usually hold Twitter space updates. I was in one yesterday.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 12:30:21 PM »
Inform the guys if your for real on the below routes opened as Humanitarian corridors.

Sumy

Route 1 - Sudzha, Belgorod then by any transport
Route 2 - Sumy, Golubivka, Romny, Lokhvitsya, Lubny, Poltava (Ukraine)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 04:06:39 PM »
Nowayhaha
They know the routes but with ongoing fighting in the area the need protection of the warring parties

Offline Stockguru

• Mega superstar
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 02:25:46 AM »
Sumy Evacuation has happened.

We are hoping the students make it to the destination safely

Offline Stockguru

• Mega superstar
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2022, 02:42:25 AM »